Debt appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Eva, can it be defiled? A memo had a home-made life debt in a cave.
- Did a hi-fidelity lid rat set a debt in a cross, or can it be dates, tardily-tiled if I had ID?
- Won’t bedlam in a NASA lab/ inn/academe edifice sag a sec if I deemed a cannibal as an animal debt now?
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun debt
What does debt mean as a name of something?
Debt is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: debts
- the state of owing something (especially money)
- money or goods or services owed by one person to another
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- more generic word: liabilities = anything that is owed to someone else
- more specific terms:
- arrears = an unpaid overdue debt
- national debt = the debt of the national government
- public debt = the total of the nation's debts: debts of local and state and national governments
- debt ceiling / debt limit = the maximum borrowing power of a governmental entity
- bad debt = a debt that is unlikely to be repaid
- installment debt = debt to be paid by installments
- loan = the temporary provision of money
- principal = the original amount of a debt on which interest is calculated
- score = an amount due
- an obligation to pay or do something
Alternative definition of the noun debt
- An action, state of mind, or object one has an obligation to perform for another, adopt toward another, or give to another.
- The state or condition of owing something to another.
- Money that one person or entity owes or is required to pay to another, generally as a result of a loan or other financial transaction.
"Debt" is a 2012 short drama film written and directed by Boiko Boyanov.
- also known as Going to Mexico
- country: Bulgaria
- language: Bulgarian Language
- producer: Aleksandar Zdravkov
- written by Boiko Boyanov
- cinematography by Martin Balkanski
- edited by Nina Alataparmakova
- genre: Drama
- released in
"Debt" is a book written by Mark Levine.
- also known as "Debt: Poems"
- genre: Poetry
- award: - National Poetry Series, received by Mark Levine
- Debt: A debt generally refers to money owed by one party, the debtor, to a second party, the creditor. Debt is generally subject to contractual terms regarding the amount and timing of repayments of principal and interest. The term can also be used metaphorically to cover moral obligations and other interactions not based on economic value.
- also known as Schulden, 债务
- Debt is an American game show hosted by Wink Martindale which aired on Lifetime from June 3, 1996 to August 14, 1998. The show featured contestants who were trying to earn money to get out of debt.
Phrases with Debt
Phrases starting with the word Debt:
Phrases ending with the word Debt:
- bad debt
- Sleep debt
- Toxic Debt
- Bonded Debt
- Carbon Debt
- oxygen debt
- public debt
- Foreign Debt
- Domestic Debt
- national debt
- Sovereign Debt
View more phrases with the word Debt in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Debt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Southwestern Reporter (1901)
The next debt is a claim filed by the Hopkinsville Tobacco Company for $27.34. The bill refers to an...
The next debt is that of the B. M. Creel Company, $536.36, credited by $107.27. We think this is fully...
The next debt is an account in favor of W. F. McLaughlin & Co. for $100, dated December 3, 1895, credited by $20, May ...
by Alan A. Rabin
Once it is known whether the national debt is a source or a use of government funds one is in a position to determine how...
Its Meaning and Applicability in International Policy by Erik Paredis, Gert Goeminne, Wouter Vanhove, Jesse Lambrecht, Frank Maes
Global generational environmental debt is a measure for the total amount of environmental damage that past and present generations have caused, which will affect future generations. National generational environmental debt is the debt a ...
by Timothy D. Tregarthen, John Brock, Dale Deboer
The debt is the summation of all of the past deficits. A larger deficit...
by World Bank
Government debt is the entire stock of direct government fixed-term contractual obligations to others outstanding on a particular date.
Debt is the amount of credit that you actually draw (use). Credit is what you CAN use. Debt is what you DO use. The process of buying something today and paying for it over time is the definition of financing. The amount you borrow is called ...
by William Cobbett
The Debt is the sole cause ; for that renders monstrous taxes necessary; they render a great standing army v...
Why We Don't See Them Coming by Gary B. Gorton
Debt is a financial contract under which the borrower promises to repay a fixed amount (known as par value, principal, or face value) at an agreed future date, the maturity date. Between the date when the money is borrowed and the date when ...
The Beauties of England and Wales, Or, Delineations, Topographical, Historical, and Descriptive, of Each County: Middlesex (1814)
by Edward Wedlake Brayley, John Britton
The Funded debt Is that portion of tlie whole, for which taxes' have been appropriated by Parliament to discharge the interest regularly : but as the necessities of Government frequently occasion the borrowing of money, for which no opportunity ...
by M. R. Redclift, Graham Woodgate
Ecological debt is the debt contracted by the world's wealthiest nations with the other countries of the planet as a...
ecological debt is a concept whose definition is more complex and difficult than those of the 'environmental footprint' or 'space';.
Adopting Agile Software Practices: From Backlog to Continuous Feedback by Sam Guckenheimer, Neno Loje
Technical debt refers to work that needs to be done to achieve the potentially shippable threshold, such as fixing bugs, unit testing, integration testing, performance improvement,
Technical debt is an unfortunately common form of waste.
by Gary L. Gastineau, Mark P. Kritzman
Debt Exchangeable for Common Stock (DECS): A debt issue with an embedded short put and long call combined with an interest coupon. The issuer is the issuer (or a block holder) of the underlying common stock; the DECS issue is ...
The 100 Most Important American Financial Crises: An Encyclopedia of the Lowest Points in American Economic History (2014)
by Quentin R. Skrabec Jr.
1790—Debt Assumption, Debt Retirement, and Expanding the Economy | 31 about the uneasy state of the new union. a majority of american citizens, perhaps reacting to difficulties and conflicting solutions within individual states, finally ...
by William E. (Bill) Roark, William R. (Ryan) Roark
EQUITY The debt on a property subtracted from the market value of the property leaves the equity. Market value is usually determined by an appraisal—an evaluation based on comparable properties that have sold in the same geographic ...
An Encyclopedia of Modern Money Management by Barbara Friedberg
Renters had much higher consumer debt levels according to the Federal Reserve Board's “Household Debt Service and Financial Obligations Ratios” ( 2013). According to the Federal Reserve Bank, in the first quarter of 2013, aggregate ...
by N. B. Ghodke
Taylor Debt management may be defined as all measures that afiect the size and composition of the stock of outstanding claims against the Federal Government. Warren L. Smith DEBT REDEMPTION (*Public finance) Repayment of ...
by Alan Gilpin
International debt became a global problem during that period, as many lenders and investors found that they would never be repaid. It then became possible to buy fairly worthless debt from banks and institutions at prices much below face ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Debt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Debt
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: johanloman
Photo credit: lets_dothat
This banner was used as part of a campaign to highlight the problems of student debt.
Photo credit: David Michael Morris
Photo credit: Strevo
- USA Debt
Photo credit: wiredforlego
- Stats about student debt
Photo credit: Jagz Mario
- Debt Consolidation
The search results for Debt Consolidation. Not the largest number but still large.
Photo credit: oh.tinkerer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Debt
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of Fed Monetizing US Debt
The Fed announced the printing of a ton of new cash that will more than double the global supply of US dollars. This is a bad thing, many agencies and experts ...
- Definition of Done: Creating Velocity Without Debt
For Agile software development, this webinar explores the "definition of done" - a way of focusing on business value while avoiding technical debt. Intended For: ...
- Troubled Debt Restructuring - Overview & Definition of TDR
This first video covers the definition of a TDR.
- Debt Security Definition
- Cost of Debt Spreadsheet Explanation - WACC Project
- Toxic debt Meaning
Video shows what toxic debt means. Debt acquired through normal financial transactions which later proves to have little or no actual value. Toxic debt Meaning.
- Debt Meaning
Video shows what debt means. An action, state of mind, or object one has an obligation to perform for another, adopt toward another, or give to another.
- Net debt definition
- 2012 Federal Debt Explanation
- Mortgage Debt Relief Act Explanation : United Financial Counselors by: Jason Walowitz
Explanation of the Mortgage Debt Relief Act of 2007.
- Gross Debt Service Ratio explanation (Canada)
Plan to buy a house? Know your options before you go to see your banker! Check out...
- Nonfinancial debt Meaning
Video shows what nonfinancial debt means. The debt held by governments, households, and companies not in the financial sector.. Nonfinancial debt Meaning.
- Living with Debt - The Easy meaning PDMO
- After Tax Cost of Debt - What is the definition and formula - How to calculate
- What is the Definition of Debt Consolidation
- USA DEBT, easy explanation with images
" Every generation should pay his own dept as it goes" Thomas Jefferson. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Recommended videos that u should ...
- Debt Of Honor: Alabama Is Not A State, But A Definition
- Websters Dictionary Says - Debt Equals Sin - Basics For Success
- Option Tips - Language: Cash bit Debt bit
- Clarifying language Debt v Negative
- Job Description For A Debt Negotiator
See also the pronunciation examples of Debt!
Quotes about Debt
Scrabble value of D2E1B3T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Debt to see it in context!