Data appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- At a demo, stat some data.
- At a draft, fish sift far data.
- Traci, to rue no data, do neurotic art.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun data:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun data
- Phrases with Data
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Data
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Data
- Photos about Data
- Videos about Data
- Sign language
- Quotes about Data
- Scrabble value of D2A1T1A1
- Anagrams of DATA
- Share this page
Data is included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun data
What does data mean as a name of something?
Data is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
- a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
- example: statistical data
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of data: information
- more generic words: accumulation / aggregation / assemblage / collection = several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun data
- [plural of, datum, nodot=1]: pieces of information.
- [uncountable, collectively] information.
- A collection of object-units that are distinct from one another.
- Data: Lieutenant Commander Data is a character in the fictional Star Trek universe portrayed by actor Brent Spiner. He appears in the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation and the feature films Star Trek Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection and Star Trek: Nemesis.
- also known as Lt. Commander Data, Lt. Cmdr. Data
- born in Omicron Theta, child of Noonien Soong
- occupation: Scientist, singer
- parent of Lal
- created by Gene Roddenberry
- in films:
- Data is a fictional character from the 1985 film The Goonies.
- Data is a fictional character from Monsters Under the Bed.
- Data is a fictional character from the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II.
There are other characters with in their name, like Data's.
"Data" is a work by Euclid. It deals with the nature and implications of "given" information in geometrical problems. The subject matter is closely related to the first four books of Euclid's Elements.
- also known as Recipients, Commonly Called the Data; Die Data; The data of Euclid
"Data" is a musical album of Inconsciente Colectivo.
- Data were an electronic music band created in the late 1970s by Georg Kajanus, creator of such bands as Eclection, Sailor and Noir. After the break-up of Sailor in the late 1970s, Kajanus decided to experiment with electronic music and formed DATA, together with vocalists Francesca and Phillipa Boulter, daughters of British singer John Boulter.
- genre: Synthpop
- albums: "Accumulator", "Elegant Machinery", "Fallout", "2-Time", "Opera Electronica", "Blow", "Living Inside Me"
- DatA is a film score composer.
- Data is a West London based producer.
- also known as Nick Burne, Nick Modern
- read more about Data (musical artist)
- Data a.k.a. Drew Annen is an actor.
- read more about Drew Annen (actor)
- Data a.k.a. Daniel Jalkut is a member of No Kill I: The Next Generation and appeared in the 2004 documentary film Trekkies 2.
- read more about Daniel Jalkut
- Data a.k.a. Darancharas Sukheviriya is an actress and singer.
- read more about Darancharas Sukheviriya (actress)
Data is a musical group.
- Urmas Alender between and
- album: "Rockoratoorium "Loomade farm""
Data is a village located in Hisar district in Haryana, India.
- Data is a set of values of qualitative or quantitative variables; restated, pieces of data are individual pieces of information. Data in computing is represented in a structure that is often tabular, a tree, or a graph. Data is typically the result of measurements and can be visualized using graphs or images.
- also known as 数据
- Data is any sequence of symbols given meaning by specific acts of interpretation. Digital data is the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, stored and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media, and transmitted in the form of electrical signals. A program is a set of data that consists of a series of coded software instructions to control the operation of a computer or other machine. Physical computer memory elements consist of an address and a byte/word of data storage. Digital data are often stored in relational databases, like tables or SQL databases, and can generally be represented as abstract key/value pairs. Data can be organized in many different types of data structures, like arrays, graphs, objects and many more. Data structures can store data of many different types, including numbers, strings and even other data structures. Data pass in and out of computers via peripheral devices.
- DATA: Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa was a multinational non-government organization founded in January 2002 in London by U2's Bono along with Bobby Shriver and activists from the Jubilee 2000 Drop the Debt campaign.
- also known as Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa
- data is an extension.
- Data is a data task category.
- Data is a field of study.
- Data: A TSV document containing any data that needs to be added in the migration.
Phrases with Data
Phrases starting with the word Data:
- Data Bus
- Data set
- Data cube
- data file
- Data Flow
- data link
- data rate
- Data type
- Data cable
- Data Entry
- Data Glove
- Data Miner
- Data model
- data point
- Data store
- Data Table
- data track
Phrases ending with the word Data:
View more phrases with the word Data in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Data
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
TOGAF® Version 9.1 (2011)
by The Open Group
Data Principles Principle 10: Data is an Asset Statement: Data is an asset that has value to the enterprise and is...
Rationale: Data is a valuable corporate resource; it has real, measurable value.
by C. Xavier
Formatting characters Meaning c data is a single character d data is a decimal integer e...
by Fan Yang, Ping Duan, Sirish L. Shah, Tongwen Chen
Abstract Data is a valuable resource for modeling and analysis. Process data is a set of timeseries of process variables. In this chapter, we focus on the relationship between different time series to capture causality in the process. For a pair of ...
High Speed Passenger Rail (2009)
Future Development Will Depend on Addressing Financial and Other Challenges and Establishing a Clear Federal Role by Susan A. Fleming
Data collection: Aggregate data refers to variables that summarize the characteristics of a group of individual units, such as an...
An advantage of such data is that they are inexpensive for the secondary user and have been subjected to some ...
Views, Columns & Tips by David C. Kreines
NUMBER DLM_PIN_REQUESTS NUMBER DLM_PIN_RELEASES NUMBER DLM_INVALIDATION_REQUESTS NUMBER DLM_INVALIDATIONS NUMBER V $ROWCACHE Contains statistics about data dictionary cache performance.
Revised national minimum data sets ....................................... .......................................................... 62 Table 3. Revised data set specifications .
Dictionary of Military Terms (2009)
by U.S. Department of Defense
data — Representation of facts, concepts, or instructions in a formalized manner suitable for communication, interpretation, or processing by humans or by automatic means. Any representations such as characters or ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Data
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Data
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Guillermo VA
Photo credit: smudie
Photo credit: Lichtspieler81
Photo credit: Damian Gadal
- Data Darbar Lahore
Photo credit: kaleemsajid
- Panel 3: Large-scale data
Large-scale data management challenges.
John Graybeal (for John Orcutt), Ocean Observatories Initiative
Ed Kearns, National Climatic Data Center
Laurin Herr, CineGrid
Philip Maechling, S. California Earthquake Center
Photo credit: anderbill
Photo credit: Dan Govan
View more pictures about Big data.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Data
Click on an item to play that video:
- Data and Information Definition
This video contains an explanation of the definition of data and information. As a computer science education. Served with attractive animation. Enjoy it guys ..
- SQL Data Definition Language
- IELTS Writing Task 1: Vocabulary for Accurate Data
Learn the best vocabulary to describe numbers and percentages accurately in your IELTS writing task 1 academic paper. One of the most common mistakes in ...
- SQL : Data Definition Language
A short introduction to Data Definition Language commands in SQL.
- Data Analysis - Sentence Meaning #1
In this short combinatory video (screencast plus e-lecture), Prof. Handke discusses the meaning of three selected sentences: First, in terms of their propositions ...
- Data, Design, Meaning
Idan Gazit The ultimate goal of data visualization is to tell a story and supply meaning. There are tools and science that can inform your choice of data to present ...
- Discrete & Continuous Data Definition & Examples
- Data Definition Language(DDL)
Create table using oracle.
- 1-30-14 Data explanation
1-30-14 Data explanation.
- 3d HtDF With Data Definition
- BSTs - BST Data Definition
- Data Meaning Customer Testimonial - Altruista Health
Suman Mishra, Chief Operating Officer of Altruista Health recounts her experience partnering with Data Meaning to provide faster more robust reports for ...
- Data Meaning
Data Meaning is a Business Intelligence (BI) consulting group focused on helping companies reveal important trends and data anomalies through structured ...
- Data Definition (DDL) Trigger For Auditing
This blog elaborates on how to utilize the DDL trigger for auditing. This can be used for auditing the complete spy's details.
- Revolution Analytics: Deriving Greater Meaning from Critical Data
David Smith, VP of Marketing and Community of Revolution Analytics, talks about the open sourced programming language "R" and how Revolution Analytics is ...
- Using SQL in the Data Definition Wizard in Arbutus Analyzer Audit Software
Arbutus Software Tutorial Series: Using SQL in the Data Definition Wizard in Arbutus Analyzer Audit Software.
- Data Meaning Hospitality Industry Video
Data Meaning Services Group Inc. shares its successes with building and designing business intelligence dashboards for the hospitality industry.
- Definition of a Data Scientist
On Thursday, September 20, Lilien hosted "Profit From All Your Data -- Harness the Power of Hadoop," a Big Data lunch event for senior IT professional's at ...
- Data Meaning's Harlem Shake
Data Meaning Team's Harlem Shake.
- Data Meaning Company Culture
- Data Description
Quick review of Chapter 1 - Description of Data.
- Data Description
Mean, Median, Mode, and Midrange for the data used in the presentation.
- Perl Data Language
NLPW::2014 Nederlandse Perl Workshop, 25-April, Utrecht by: Jan Hoogenraad.
- Running a program in Gnu Data Language (GDL) using Ubuntu.
An example of a single program (code) in Gnu Data Language in Ubuntu.
See also the pronunciation examples of Data!
Sign language translation glove - data panel
Quotes about Data
Scrabble value of D2A1T1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DATA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Data!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Data to see it in context!