The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cracking:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective cracking:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cracking
- Definition of the adjective cracking
- Definition of the adverb cracking
- Phrases with Cracking
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cracking
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cracking
- Photos about Cracking
- Video language resources about Cracking
- Quotes about Cracking
- Scrabble value of C3R1A1C3K5I1N1G2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cracking
What does cracking mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: crackings
- a sudden sharp noise
- the act of cracking something
- the process whereby heavy molecules of naphtha or petroleum are broken down into hydrocarbons of lower molecular weight (especially in the oil-refining process)
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- more generic terms: chemical action / chemical change / chemical process = any process determined by the atomic and molecular composition and structure of the substances involved
- more specific word: hydrocracking = the process whereby hydrocarbon molecules of petroleum are broken down into kerosene and gasolene by the addition of hydrogen under high pressure in the presence of a catalyst
Alternative definition of the noun cracking
- [chemistry] The thermal decomposition of a substance, especially that of crude petroleum in order to produce petrol / gasoline.
Definition of the adjective cracking
What does cracking mean as an attribute of a noun?
- very good
Alternative definition of the adjective cracking
Definition of the adverb cracking
What does cracking mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- [British] Very, usually associated with praise.
- "Cracking" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Suzanne Vega
- "Cracking" a.k.a. "Cracking!" is a composition.
- music by Tamayo Kawamoto
Cracking: In petroleum geology and chemistry, cracking is the process whereby complex organic molecules such as kerogens or heavy hydrocarbons are broken down into simpler molecules such as light hydrocarbons, by the breaking of carbon-carbon bonds in the precursors. The rate of cracking and the end products are strongly dependent on the temperature and presence of catalysts. Cracking is the breakdown of a large alkane into smaller, more useful alkanes and alkenes. Simply put, hydrocarbon cracking is the process of breaking a long-chain of hydrocarbons into short ones.
- also known as 裂化反应
Phrases with Cracking
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cracking
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mel Schwartz
Environmental cracking is a general term that includes corrosion fatigue, hightemperature hydrogen attack, hydrogen blistering, hydrogen embrittlement, liquid metal embrittlement, solid metal embrittlement, stresscorrosion cracking, and ...
Dictionary Of Chemistry (1998)
by N. Pradeep Sharma
cracking 74 cross linking example, the length of the bond in interhalogens (e.g. CIBr) is nearly equal to the sum of the covalent radii of the halogens involved. This, however, is not always true because of other effects (e.g. ionic contributions to ...
by Philip A. Schweitzer, P.E.
BLISTER CRACKING Blister cracking is a hydrogen-induced failure in steels containing internal flaws by non- metallic inclusions due to superficial corrosion of the steel by an acid hydrogen sulfide environment liberating atomic hydrogen, ...
by Sunggyu Lee
CHEMISTRY AND KINETICS The catalytic cracking of hydrocarbons is a chain reaction that is believed to follow the carbonium ion theory, involving three steps: initiation, propagation, and termination. The initiation step is represented by the ...
Materials, Processes and Equipment by David F. Tver
• petroleum, catalytic cracking petroleum, catalytic cracking. Cracking is the process by which fractions boiling in the gasoline or light naphtha range are produced from heavier fractions. The larger molecules are divided into fragments of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cracking
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cracking
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cracking
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of Catalytic Cracking through Zeolites
Explanation of Catalytic Cracking through Zeolites.
- Colossus Mk II - Enigma Code breaking / cracking. Explanation
This is just one part of the Colossus Mk II rebuild project at Bletchley park. This part of the machine is showing the 'Counter Outputs' of the program sequence ...
- CRACKING THE CODE - MAKING MEANING OF DRIEKOPSEILAND
Driekopseiland, a glaciated riverbed with almost 4000 enigmatic rock engravings, some dating back to the Later Stone Age. Not far from Kimberley, South Africa.
- Cracking Meaning
Video shows what cracking means. The thermal decomposition of a substance, especially that of crude petroleum in order to produce petrol / gasoline.
- Cracking the law jargon with James Smart day 2 of pre-trial hearing
Watch KTN Streaming LIVE from Kenya 24/7 on...
- The real meaning of cracking nuts
- Cracking the Canadian Accent, a Bi-Imperial Dialect
Insights into "speaking Canadian", a response to...
- Cracking the Creativity Code - Week 1- Session #1 Definition of Creativity
Discovering New Ideas Course Series, Zi10002, Technion Israeli Institute of Technology, Shlomo Maital and Arie Ruttenberg, Speaker: Professor Shlomo Maital, ...
- Cracking WEP encryption using Backtrack 5 with explanation
- Cracking WPA encryption using Backtrack 5 with explanation
- Easy WPA Dictionary/Wordlist Cracking with Backtrack 5 and Aircrack-ng
How to crack any WiFi network with WPA/WPA2 encryption using Backtrack 5 and a word-list or Dictionary file. Download the latest backtrack image here: ...
- Cracking the Code: Use Their Language
Thom Hartmann shares more from his book, "Cracking the Code: How to Win Hearts, Change Minds, and Restore America's Original Vision". In this clip, he ...
- Cracking Mail Password With Hydra (Dictionary Attack)
Cracking Mail Password With Hydra (Dictionary Attack) Hackers Poland Blog...
- Cracking Router Password with HYDRA (Dictionary Attack)
Cracking Router Password with HYDRA (Dictionary Attack) Hackers Poland Blog...
- Ethical Hacking: Dictionary Generator and Password Cracking
This video demos how to create a wordlist from the command line using the crunch tool. This wordlist is then used to crack a password hash using john the ...
- Dr. Matthew Stolper - Cracking the Code: Using Language to Unlock Ancient History
Dr. Matthew Stolper presents "Cracking the Code: Using Language to Unlock Ancient History"
- Hydra Dictionary Attack Cracking FTP and SMTP
Cracking FTP server and SMTP with Hydra using a dictionary attack.
- Cracking WPA PSK With A Dictionary Attack In Backtrack
- Code Cracking Description
- 1 Code Cracking Description mp4
- 1-) Code Cracking (Description).mp4
- Backtrack Series - 5: Cracking WPA Protected Network Using ASCII Dictionary Attack
This method requires a good ASCII dictionary This video is based on: ...
- Cracking MD5 password with Dictionary Files
Dictionary files are basically used for cracking MD5 passwords by hitting.
- Password cracking [ Brute force attack & Dictionary attack ]
Brute force attack menggunakan : rar password unlocker. dictionary attack menggunakan : add-ons mozila Fireforce.
- Cracking WPA, Dictionary Atack
- WPA2 Cracking with BackTrack 4 100000 PWs in 6 Minutes (Dictionary Attack)
Este video lo subi para scenebeta.
- 10 Cracking Urban Dictionary Entries
Urban Dictionary is both funny and educational. If you want to learn some new words to impress your English teacher/Mum/anyone who will talk to you, then ...
- Cracking with Scapy - Dictionary Attacks to hidden ESSID networks
- Cracking wpa with airoscript-ng 1.1 and a dictionary
Just a sample of how to use airoscript-ng against wpa, it assumes you have a dictionary in ~/.airoscript/wordlist.txt and an empty file in ~/.airoscript/worlist.txt due ...
- Cracking the AP English Language Composition Exam 2016 Edition College Test Preparation
See also the pronunciation examples of Cracking!
Quotes about Cracking
Scrabble value of C3R1A1C3K5I1N1G2
The value of this 8-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cracking to see it in context!