On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun conducting wire
What does conducting wire mean as a name of something?
- a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of conducting wire: wire
- more generic word: conductor = a device designed to transmit electricity, heat, etc.
- more specific terms:
- filament = a thin wire (usually tungsten) that is heated white hot by the passage of an electric current
- booster cable / jumper cable / jumper lead / lead = a jumper that consists of a short piece of wire
- lead-in = wire connecting an antenna to a receiver or a transmitter to a transmission line
- patchcord = a length of wire that has a plug at each end
- telegraph line / telegraph wire / telephone line / telephone wire = the wire that carries telegraph and telephone signals
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Conducting Wire
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
This direction is shown in the figure, where N and S denote respectively the north and south poles of steel bars, situated transversely with respect to a vertical conducting wire, in which the current of positive electricity is descending, ...
50, be the conducting wire of a. closed galvanic circuit, along which electricity is carried from A to B, A being Fig. 50. the positive end, and B the negative ,1 end; then. if a delicate ma netic "l, needle is suspended near A B,gits di- Big-=4 rcction ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Conducting Wire
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Conducting Wire
If you need images about Conducting Wire for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Conducting Wire
Conducting wire Meaning
Video shows what conducting wire means. Any metal wire used to carry electricity over a short or long distance.. Conducting wire Meaning. How to pronounce ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Conducting Wire!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Conducting Wire to find many related words and phrases!