The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun con game:
On this page:
Definition of the noun con game
What does con game mean as a name of something?
- a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of con game: bunco / bunco game / bunko / bunko game / con / confidence game / confidence trick / flimflam / hustle / sting
- more generic words: cheat / rig / swindle = the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme
- more specific term: sting operation = a complicated confidence game planned and executed with great care
Alternative definition of the noun con game
- A swindle in which the mark, or victim, is defrauded after his or her trust has been won.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for con game
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Practical Compilation of Today's Acronyms and Abbreviations
Congregational; Congress con game confidence game Cong. Rec. Congressional Record conj. conjugation; conjunction; conjunctive con man confidence man conn. connected; connotation Conn. Connecticut CONQUEST Computerized ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
—house of prostitution con game confidence game; confidence trick(ery) Cong Christ Congregational Christians Cong Digest Congressional Digest congen common specification ...
by Mary Bosworth
RELIGION AS A “CON GAME” It is very difficult to determine why prisoners become involved with religion when incarcerated, since religious belief and practice is a very individual matter and may be exacerbated by the psychological ...
by Sidney L. Landau
swindle, imposture, plant, trick, shell game, hoax, fraud, confidence game, con game ( Slang).
by Sorrel Kerbel
Mamet appears convinced of the penetrating inroads that the metaphor of the confidence game has made into personal and professional life in postwar society : “The con game is what most people do, most of the time, with few exceptions.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for con game
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about con game
Con game Meaning
Video shows what con game means. A swindle in which the mark, or victim, is defrauded after his or her trust has been won.. con game synonyms: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of con game!
Quotes about con game
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of con game to see it in context!