Coloured appears in the following tongue twister:
- If coloured caterpillars could change their colours constantly could they keep their coloured coat coloured properly?
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective coloured
- Definition of the noun coloured
- Definition of the verb coloured
- Phrases with Coloured
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Coloured
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coloured
- Photos about Coloured
- Video language resources about Coloured
- Quotes about Coloured
- Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1U1R1E1D2
- Anagrams of COLOURED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective coloured
What does coloured mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
- alternative spelling: colored
- synonym of coloured: colorful
- similar: crimson / flushed / red / red-faced / reddened; bay; bichrome / bicolor / bicolored / bicolour / bicoloured / dichromatic; black / blackened; blue-flowered; brightly-colored / brightly-coloured; buff-colored / buff-coloured; chestnut-colored / chestnut-coloured; chocolate-colored / chocolate-coloured; cinnamon colored / cinnamon coloured / cinnamon-colored / cinnamon-coloured; cinnamon-red; cream-colored / creamy-colored / creamy-white; dark-colored / dark-coloured / dusky-colored / dusky-coloured; dun-colored / dun-coloured; fawn-colored / fawn-coloured; flame-colored / flame-coloured; flesh-colored / flesh-coloured; garnet-colored / garnet-coloured; ginger / gingery; gold-colored / gold-coloured; honey-colored / honey-coloured; indigo; lead-colored / lead-coloured; liver / liver-colored; metal-colored / metal-coloured / metallic-colored / metallic-coloured; monochromatic / monochrome / monochromic / monochromous; calico / motley / multi-color / multi-colored / multi-colour / multi-coloured / multicolor / multicolored / multicolour / multicoloured / painted / particolored / particoloured / piebald / pied / varicolored / varicoloured; neutral-colored / neutral-coloured; olive-colored / olive-coloured; orange-colored / orange-coloured / orange-hued; orange-flowered; pale-colored / pale-hued; pastel-colored; peach-colored; polychromatic / polychrome / polychromic; purple-flowered; red-flowered; roan; rose-colored / rosy-colored; rust-colored; silver-colored; straw-colored / straw-coloured; tawny-colored / tawny-coloured; trichromatic / trichrome / tricolor; violet-colored / violet-coloured / violet-flowered; violet-purple
- attribute: colouring / coloring / colour / color = a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
- favoring one person or side over another
- (used of color) artificially produced; not natural
- having skin rich in melanin pigments
Alternative definition of the adjective coloured
- Having a particular colour or kind of colour
- Having prominent colours; colourful
- Influenced pervasively but subtly
- [US, older usage, now demeaning] Of skin colour other than the white, particularly black.
- [South Africa, potentially offensive] Of neither black nor white skin colour.
Definition of the noun coloured
What does coloured mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: coloureds
- [colloquial, dated] [sometimes, derogatory] A person who is not white.
Definition of the verb coloured
What does coloured mean as a doing word?
- past of colour
"Coloured" is a 1994 short film written and directed by Barrie White.
- countries: England, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Caroline Norbury
- written by Barrie White
- cinematography by Seamus McGarvey
- edited by Barrie White
- released in (21 years ago)
Coloured: In Southern Africa, the term Coloureds is an ethnic label for people of mixed ethnic origin who possess ancestry from Europe, Asia, and various Khoisan and Bantu tribes of Southern Africa. Besides the extensive combining of these diverse heritages in the Western Cape — in which a distinctive Cape Coloured and affiliated Cape Malay culture developed — in other parts of Southern Africa, their development has usually been the result of the meeting of two distinct groups. Genetic studies suggest the group has the highest levels of mixed ancestry in the world. However, the maternal contribution to the Coloured population, measured by mitochondrial DNA studies, was found to come mostly from the Khoisan population.
Phrases with Coloured
View more phrases with the word Coloured in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Coloured
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gwyneth Williams, Brian Hackland
A small party drawing its support mainly from people designated 'Coloured' in Namibia, the Labour Party was formerly part of the DTA. See also DTA. Labour Party of South Africa (South Africa) The Labour Party of ...
containing a description of the empires, kingdoms, states, provinces, cities, towns, forts, seas, harbours, rivers, lakes, mountains, capes, &c. in the known world ... to which are added, the Constitution of the United States, and the constitutions of the respective states : illustrated by a neat coloured map of the United States by Richard Brookes, William Darby
Illustrated by a neat coloured Mi v the United States. The Third American Editian, with ample Additions and Improvements □ bv " Uam Darby, Member of the New York Historical Society, Author of a Map and Statistical Acco'u n Louisiana ...
The Popular Encyclopedia (1841)
Being a General Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, Biography, History, and Political Economy
are hung several coloured transparent blinds, arranged on lines in such a manner as to be movable up and down, in order to pass by and overlay ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature (1823)
ord's On examining blood diluted with water in one of same manner, namely, by the transmission of light lour of the phials formerly described, it transmitted a red co- from a white ground through a transparent coloured blood. lour, and the ...
by William Nicholson
The coloured rays (fig. 16), diverging from the prism are received by a double convex lens, at the distance of twice its focal length from the hole ; at the same distance behind the lens, where they are collected by its refraction, they are received ...
A Botanical Dictionary (1805)
Or, Elements of Systematic and Philosophical Botany by Colin Milne
the corolla coloured. 4. Notwithstanding such essential differences, nature seems to have put no absolute limits between these parts of fructi- ' fication ; for in many plants, as bartsia, the ...
by Guido Bolaffi, Raffaele Bracalenti, Peter Braham, Sandro Gindro
coloured; Fr. gens de couleur; Ger. Farbiger) The term `coloured has been pri- marily used in the UK and the USA to distinguish those with dark skin from those who are de®ned ± or who de®ne themselves ± as `white', as in the case of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coloured
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Coloured
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: seefit
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Coloured
Click on an item to play that video:
- Roses - Meaning of Various Different Coloured Roses
For further information stop...
- Meaning of coloured rose flowers and its application in social events
Rose flowers have different meanings based on their coloures to present somebody.In short meanings are as under; Red rose- Conveys love,respect .and ...
- Rebeccas Inutuive Readings Different Coloured Feathers and their meaning
Have you ever wondered are feathers a sign from your angels and do they send only white feathers this may open your mind to a few new things.
- The Meaning Of BluTac (Coloured Pencil version)
- How Coloured Asphalt Laying Looks Beautiful ; A video explanation
- Physics Coloured Shadows (Explanation)
- Andre coloured people mixing and mingling with various cultures and language.
Andre coloured people part 2 culture and language South Africa has eleven official languages: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Swazi, ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Coloured!
Quotes about Coloured
The observation of others is coloured by our inability to observe ourselves impartially. We can never be impartial about anything until we can be impartial about our own organism. (A.R. Orage)
more quotes about coloured...
Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1U1R1E1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COLOURED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Coloured!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Coloured to see it in context!