On this page:
- Definition of the adjective colored
- Definition of the noun colored
- Definition of the verb colored
- Phrases with Colored
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Colored
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Colored
- Photos about Colored
- Video language resources about Colored
- Quotes about Colored
- Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1R1E1D2
- Anagrams of COLORED
- Share this page
Colored is sometimes a misspelling of coloured.
The word colored is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective colored
What does colored mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
- examples: colored crepe paper | amber-colored heads of grain
- alternative spelling: coloured
- synonym of colored: colorful
- antonym of colored: uncolored
- similar: crimson / flushed / red / red-faced / reddened; bay; bichrome / bicolor / bicolored / bicolour / bicoloured / dichromatic; black / blackened; blue-flowered; brightly-colored / brightly-coloured; buff-colored / buff-coloured; chestnut-colored / chestnut-coloured; chocolate-colored / chocolate-coloured; cinnamon colored / cinnamon coloured / cinnamon-colored / cinnamon-coloured; cinnamon-red; cream-colored / creamy-colored / creamy-white; dark-colored / dark-coloured / dusky-colored / dusky-coloured; dun-colored / dun-coloured; fawn-colored / fawn-coloured; flame-colored / flame-coloured; flesh-colored / flesh-coloured; garnet-colored / garnet-coloured; ginger / gingery; gold-colored / gold-coloured; honey-colored / honey-coloured; indigo; lead-colored / lead-coloured; liver / liver-colored; metal-colored / metal-coloured / metallic-colored / metallic-coloured; monochromatic / monochrome / monochromic / monochromous; calico / motley / multi-color / multi-colored / multi-colour / multi-coloured / multicolor / multicolored / multicolour / multicoloured / painted / particolored / particoloured / piebald / pied / varicolored / varicoloured; neutral-colored / neutral-coloured; olive-colored / olive-coloured; orange-colored / orange-coloured / orange-hued; orange-flowered; pale-colored / pale-hued; pastel-colored; peach-colored; polychromatic / polychrome / polychromic; purple-flowered; red-flowered; roan; rose-colored / rosy-colored; rust-colored; silver-colored; straw-colored / straw-coloured; tawny-colored / tawny-coloured; trichromatic / trichrome / tricolor; violet-colored / violet-coloured / violet-flowered; violet-purple
- attribute: colouring / coloring / colour / color = a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
- having skin rich in melanin pigments
- favoring one person or side over another
- (used of color) artificially produced; not natural
Alternative definition of the adjective colored
- Having a particular color or kind of color.
- Having prominent colors; colorful.
- Influenced pervasively but subtly.
- [US, older usage, now demeaning] Of skin color other than the white, particularly black.
- [South Africa, potentially offensive] Of neither black nor white skin color.
Definition of the noun colored
What does colored mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- colored: coloreds
- Colored: Coloreds
- (demeaning or potentially offensive) A colored person.
- (laundry) A colored article of clothing.
Definition of the verb colored
What does colored mean as a doing word?
- past of color
"Colored" is a musical album of Nokko.
- released on (20 years ago)
Colored is a term used in the United States to refer to black people. Since the success of the African-American Civil rights movement, the term, along with "negro" and others, has been largely replaced by "black". According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the word colored was first used in the 14th Century.
Phrases with Colored
Phrases starting with the word Colored:
Phrases ending with the word Colored:
View more phrases with the word Colored in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Colored
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gerald L. Smith, Karen Cotton McDaniel, John A. Hardin
The Lexington Colored Fair became so popular that the “best white classes” patronized the event. The Lexington Colored Fair was clearly the most popular and probably the longestrunning fair, but African Americans in other counties ...
The Standard American Encyclopedia of Arts, Sciences, History, Biography, Geography, Statistics, and General Knowledge ... (1897)
by John Clark Ridpath
FRANCE, ( COLORED) ...
by Eric Arnesen
The Colored Alliance succeeded in other tangible ways, though, such as raising money for the construction of schools and churches for African-Americans and for the aid of sick members and the families of deceased members. Nevertheless ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Colored
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Colored
Click on an item to view that photo:
Girl dressed up in bright colored dress, speaking with her boyfriend by cell phone.
Photo credit: Albius69
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Colored
Click on an item to play that video:
- South African Colored slang 6 - Wentworth
Cape Town, Wentworth slangs.
- Colored People's Time Meaning
Video shows what Colored People's Time means. The supposed habit of black people of frequently being late, conceived of as a time zone.. Colored People's ...
- Colored Meaning
Video shows what colored means. Having a particular color or kind of color.. Having prominent colors; colorful.. Influenced pervasively but subtly.. colored ...
- 21 Day Fix Colored Container Explanation
Showing what the colored containers in the 21 Day Fix Program look like with sizes and what foods go with them.
- Blind Pilot - The Colored Night (w/ song explanation) - Salt Lake City, UT - 12.30.2012
Blind Pilot - The Colored Night (w/ song explanation) - Salt Lake City, UT - 12.30.2012.
- Colored LED Light Explanation by Dirt Designs
Offroad racing requires the use of different LED lights for safety. Steve of Dirt Designs explains while showing the different LED's on the Carlos Calderon Dodge ...
- Explanation of Baby's colored lights
Product Support tutorial for understanding what the different lights on the back of Baby means.
- An explanation video:Sportster 883R colored Suzuki GS50
This is an explanation video. Preparation for Suzuki GS50 one make race participation. This video is an explanation for teammates. A way to start engine when ...
- Fun with colored fire! (Explanation)
- Colored Sand at Jordan Language Academy
- Jeff John Roberts uses racist language with "colored people"
In a stunning break from political correctness and the much-vaunted "family-friendly" nature of the TWiT network, a white man was allowed to spew racist ...
- Minecraft Plugins: Colored Text (Description)
- Colored text in Mcpe|IOS users check description
- How to write a description of colored letters in the D2
- Description of Vienna Colored School in 1940s
- How to change keyboard language/how to get colored world seeds on minecraft!
This is a video response to a video on how to change the color in world seeds. (minecraft 1.2.3 easter egg)
- Minecraft- Antibot plugin & Colored server Description - !
- Brief Description of the 'The Colored Museum'
View more videos about Colored Egg.
See also the pronunciation examples of Colored!
Quotes about Colored
Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1R1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COLORED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Colored!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Colored to see it in context!