On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun clothes designer
What does clothes designer mean as a name of something?
- someone who designs clothing
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of clothes designer: couturier / designer / fashion designer
- more generic word: creator = a person who grows or makes or invents things
- more specific terms: costume designer / costumier / costumer = someone who designs or supplies costumes
- Cristobal Balenciaga / Balenciaga = Spanish fashion designer known for his stark elegant designs
- Christian Dior / Dior = French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style that became known as the New Look
- Calvin Richard Klein / Calvin Klein / Klein = United States fashion designer noted for understated fashions
- Elsa Schiaparelli / Schiaparelli = fashion designer born in Italy who was noted for her use of synthetic materials and brilliant colors
- Gianni Versace / Versace = Italian fashion designer
- Charles Frederick Worth / Worth = French couturier (born in England) regarded as the founder of Parisian haute couture
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Clothes Designer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
garments, gear, habiliments, outfit, rags, raiment, regalia, sportswear, suit, threads, togs, vestments, vesture, wardrobe, wear, work clothes designer: couturier, modiste clothes for monk: habit clothes for mourning: weeds clothes for new baby: ...
by Colin Larkin
the son of a clothes designer and an album cover artist. With bass player Duff McKagan (b. Michael McKagan, 5 February 1964, Seattle, Washington, USA; ex-Fartz; ...
by Kara Kelley Hallmark
Still a young artist, from fashion model to clothes designer to visual artist, Mariko Mori is already considered to be an important contributor to the art world. Mariko Mori, Birth of a Star (1995). 3D Doratrans print, acrylic, fluorescent lights, 70.9" x ...
The Diner's Dictionary (2012)
Word Origins of Food and Drink by John Ayto
The kipper tie, incidentally, a very wide tie symptomatic of the swinging sixties, was named partly from its shape, but was also partly suggested by the name of Michael Fish, a leading English clothes designer of the period. kir Though the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Clothes Designer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Clothes Designer
If you need images about Clothes Designer for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Clothes Designer to see it in context!