Change of State
is an acrostic for cos.
On this page:
Definition of the noun change of state
What does change of state mean as a name of something?
- the act of changing something into something different in essential characteristics
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic word: change = the action of changing something
- more specific terms:
- aeration = the act of charging a liquid with a gas making it effervescent
- transition / passage = the act of passing from one state or place to the next
- tampering / meddling = the act of altering something secretly or improperly
- transference / transfer = the act of transfering something from one form to another
- termination / conclusion / ending = the act of ending something
- nullification / override = the act of nullifying; making null and void
- reversal = a change from one state to the opposite state
- commencement / beginning / start = the act of starting something
- arousal / rousing = the act of arousing
- preparation / cookery / cooking = the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat
- seasoning = the act of adding a seasoning to food
- infusion = the act of infusing or introducing a certain modifying element or quality
- improvement = the act of improving something
- beautification = the act of making something more beautiful
- decoration = the act of decorating something
- worsening = changing something with the result that it becomes worse
- degradation / debasement = changing to a lower state
- change of color = an act that changes the light that something reflects
- dirtying / soiling / soilure = the act of soiling something
- wetting = the act of making something wet
- mastication / manduction / chewing / chew = biting and grinding food in your mouth so it becomes soft enough to swallow
- defoliation = causing the leaves of trees and other plants to fall off
- specialisation / specialization = the act of specializing
- spiritualisation / spiritualization = the act of making something spiritual
Alternative definition of the noun change of state
- Any change of a substance from one physical state (solid, liquid or gas) to another
"Change of State" is a book by Sandra Braman.
- subjects: Politics of the United States, Federal government of the United States
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Change of State
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Time and the Verb (1991)
A Guide to Tense and Aspect by Robert I. Binnick
While change of state is an intuitively satisfying way of characterizing the exceptional cases of narrative movement, Dry came later to question whether “ change of state'' was either a sufficient or a necessary condition for exceptional narrative ...
The Language of Word Meaning (2001)
by Pierrette Bouillon, Federica Busa
the change of state is a brand-new information, has a natural interpretation of direct causation if and only if the description of the causing sub-event in Sc is a generalization of the description of the event in Sa. (H2) A Sc. Sa. discourse has a ...
by Diagram Group
vaporization The process of change of state of a solid or liquid to a vapor. variable A condition, such as temperature, concentration and pressure, which can be changed in a chemical reaction.
by James Pustejovsky, Pierrette Bouillon, Hitoshi Isahara, Kyoko Kanzaki, Chungmin Lee
Change of state parallels change of location to a certain degree. They are represented...
Dictionary of Physics (2016)
by Palgrave Macmillan Ltd
The change of state can also occur such that a thermodynamic variable ( temperature, pressure, volume, density, entropy, enthalpy) is held constant. These changes are called isothermal (at constant temperature, D-isotherm), isobaric (at ...
by Andrew Butterfield, Gerard Ekembe Ngondi, Anne Kerr
the change of state occur) when each of its input places holds at least one token. When a bar fires it removes one token from each of its input places and deposits one token at each of its output places. Thus the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Change of State
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Change of State
Change of State
South Australia on the left, Victoria on the right.
Photo credit: Stephen Edmonds
Video about Change of State
Change of state Meaning
Video shows what change of state means. Any change of a substance from one physical state (solid, liquid or gas) to another. Change of state Meaning. How to ...
Anagrams of CHANGE OF STATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Change of State!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Change of State for some fun with words!