On this page:
Definition of the noun ceratin
What does ceratin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ceratins
- a fibrous scleroprotein that occurs in the outer layer of the skin and in horny tissues such as hair, feathers, nails, and hooves
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of ceratin: keratin
- more generic words: albuminoid / scleroprotein = a simple protein found in horny and cartilaginous tissues and in the lens of the eye
- substance of: feather / plumage / plume = the light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds; hair = a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures; horn = the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ceratin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Hard Words (1910)
by Robert Morris Pierce
ceratin я. horn-substance [also spelt ceratine; synonymous cognates keratin, keratine] 'seza-tin. ceratina n. (horn-plate) si'zaeti-na. ceratode я. horn- like ...
Lexicon Scientiarum (1851)
A Dictionary of Terms, Etc by Henry McMurtrie
CERATIN'EA, Min., xtpaj (keras), horn. The third Order of the second Class of Minerals, consisting of Horn-silver and some other species of the genus Ceratus. CE'RATOID, Anat., Gr., xtpaj (keras), horn, and tiSoj (eidos), shape. Horn-like.
by S. Choudhary
Under ceratin circumstances it can be an excitotoxin, and appears to cause the death of nerve cells in a variety of neurodegenerative disorders. Early research has shown that glutamate may cause nerve cell death in Alzheimer's disease, and ...
In Two Parts: Containing, I. An Additional Collection 1. Of Some Thousands of Words Not in the Former Volume with Their Etymologies and Explications ... 2 Of a Considerable Number of Terms of Art ... 3 Of Proper Names of Persons and Places in Great Britain ... 4. The Theogony, Theology, and Mythology of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, &c. ... II. An Orthographical Dictionary ... by Nathan Bailey
CERATIN E A/gument: [in Lagitkj sophisq tical and intricate Arguments. CERA'TION [among Cþymxslx] making of a Substance sit to be dissolved, or melted. CERATOIRES s in Anatomy ] the ...
by Nathan Bailey
CERATIN'E Argument [in Lcpck] sophifa tical and intricate Arguments. CERA' TIQN [among CLymists] making of a Substance fit to be dissolved, or melted. CERATOIDES [in Anatomy] the horny Coat of the Eye. CERATOGLOS'SUM [of Ki ><, ...
An universal etymological dictionary ... The sixteenth edition, with considerable improvements (1757)
by Nathan BAILEY
- CERATIN'E A'gi'mtn!s [ in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ceratin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of C3E1R1A1T1I1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CERATIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- ANT RICE
See also the blanagrams of ceratin!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of ceratin to find many related words and phrases!