On this page:
- Definition of the noun bulldog
- Definition of the verb bulldog
- Phrases with Bulldog
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bulldog
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bulldog
- Photos about Bulldog
- Video language resources about Bulldog
- Sign language
- Quotes about Bulldog
- Scrabble value of B3U1L1L1D2O1G2
- Anagrams of BULLDOG
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bulldog
What does bulldog mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bulldogs
- a sturdy thickset short-haired breed with a large head and strong undershot lower jaw; developed originally in England for bull baiting
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of bulldog: English bulldog
- more generic term: working dog = any of several breeds of usually large powerful dogs bred to work as draft animals and guard and guide dogs
- more specific term: French bulldog = small stocky version of the bulldog having a sleek coat and square head
Alternative definition of the noun bulldog
- A breed of dog developed in England by the crossing of the bullbaiting dog and the Pug to produce a ladies companion dog. Having a very smooth coat, a flattened face, wrinkly cheeks, powerful front legs and smaller hind legs.
- synonym: (breed of dog) English bulldog
- A shortened form of British bulldog.
- A stubborn person.
Definition of the verb bulldog
What does bulldog mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: bulldogging
- attack viciously and ferociously
- throw a steer by seizing the horns and twisting the neck, as in a rodeo
Alternative definition of the verb bulldog
- [transitive] To chase (a steer) on horseback and wrestle it to the ground by twisting its horns (as a rodeo performance).
- Bulldog a.k.a. Truman Capote: Truman Streckfus Persons, known as Truman Capote, was an American author, screenwriter and playwright, many of whose short stories, novels, plays, and nonfiction are recognized literary classics, including the novella Breakfast at Tiffany's and the true crime novel In Cold Blood, which he labeled a "nonfiction novel." At least 20 films and television dramas have been produced of Capote novels, stories, and plays.
- read more about Truman Capote (novelist)
- Bulldog a.k.a. Corey Pavin: Corey Allen Pavin is an American professional golfer who has played on the PGA Tour and the Champions Tour. He spent over 150 weeks in the top-10 of the Official World Golf Ranking between 1986 and 1997.
- read more about Corey Pavin
- Bulldog a.k.a. Garik Kharlamov is a singer, TV anchor, actor, screenwriter and film producer.
- read more about Garik Kharlamov
- Bulldog a.k.a. David Hart Smith: Harry Smith is a Canadian professional wrestler.
- read more about David Hart Smith
- Bulldog a.k.a. Vincent Luis, is a French professional triathlete, the Junior European and World Champion of the year 2008, French U23 Champion of the year 2010, and part of the National Team called Collectif France Ambition 2012.
- read more about Vincent Luis
- Bulldog a.k.a. Ruben Gonzalez: Rubén González is an Argentine luger who competed from 1984 to 2010. Competing in four Winter Olympics, he holds the record for being the first athlete to participate in four different Winter Olympic games in four different decades. His best finish was 31st in the men's singles event at Albertville in 1992.
- read more about Ruben Gonzalez
- Bulldog a.k.a. Kevin Bennett: Kevin "Bulldog" Bennett born in Birmingham is an English professional light/light welter/welter/light middleweight boxer of the 1990s and 2000s, who as an amateur won the 1999 Amateur Boxing Association of England light welterweight title, against Daniel Happe, boxing out of Hartlepool Boys ABC, and as a professional won the Commonwealth lightweight title, and was a challenger for the International Boxing Organization lightweight title against Jason Cook, and British Boxing Board of Control lightweight title against Graham Earl, his professional fighting weight varied from 134 lb, i.e. lightweight to 150 lb, i.e. light middleweight.
- read more about Kevin Bennett
- Bulldog is an actor in the state of Hawaii. He is most frequently seen on stage as a company actor at the Honolulu Theatre for Youth. He has also worked as an actor, board member and director at Kumu Kahua Theatre.
- Bulldog: David "Bulldog" Rothner has hosted The Rude Awakening Show on St.
- nationality: United States of America
- Bulldog a.k.a. John Tristao: John "Bulldog" Tristao is a member of the musical group, Creedence Clearwater Revisited.
- read more about John Tristao
- Bulldog a.k.a. Ted Collins is an actor and a film producer.
- read more about Ted Collins (actor)
- Bulldog a.k.a. Jerry Beck is a detective, a screenwriter and an actor.
- read more about Jerry Beck (actor)
- Bulldog a.k.a. Ian Edwards is a musical artist.
- read more about Ian Edwards
Bulldog is a musical group.
- genre: Punk rock
- albums: "Un lugar para juntarnos", "El ángel de la muerte", "Circo Calesita", "El campo de los sueños", "Todos los perros van al cielo", "Si yo!", "Salvaje", "Ciudad deseo"
- official website: www.masquediez.com
- Bulldog is a fictional character from 2013 film Planes.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2014 film Lust for Love.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2010 animated film DogLife.
- Bulldog a.k.a. Amram is a fictional character from the TV series The Arbitrator.
- read more about Amram
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 1998 film Jaya Ganga.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from Disney's 1955 animated feature The Lady and the Tramp.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the film Crossroads.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the film Stash House.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2007 film Underdog.
- Bulldog is an fictional character from the 1990 film Night of the Living Dead.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2013 film Kangaroo Court.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 1996 film Executive Decision.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2013 short film Maul.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2009 film Bangkok Adrenaline.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2006 film Fade to Black.
- Bulldog is a fictional film character.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Mod Squad.
- Bulldog is a fictional character from the 2011 film Screwed.
- Bulldog is a fictional film character.
- Bulldog is a fictional film character.
- Bulldog a.k.a. Senichiro 'Sen-chan' Fukuda: Senichiro 'Sen-chan' Fukuda is a fictional character from the 1961 film Mothra.
- read more about Senichiro 'Sen-chan' Fukuda
There are other characters with in their name, like Bulldog Drummond.
"Bulldog" is a book by Lynn M. Stone.
"Bulldog" is a video game.
- genre: Action game
- "Bulldog" is a musical album of The Sweetback Sisters.
- released on
- "Bulldog" is a composition.
- music by Honda, Masato
- Bulldog is a school mascot.
- Bulldog is a mascot.
- The Bulldog is small in stature, but wide and compact, with a thick, massive head. The skin on the skull and forehead should fall in dense folds. The ears should be small and thin, folded back in the form of a rose. The coat comes in red, fawn, brindle, pale yellow or washed-out red, or white. Height: about 12-16 inches Weight: 49-55 poundsdogbreedinfo.
- Bulldog a.k.a. Louisiana Tech University Tech XX is a mascot, school mascot.
- read more about Louisiana Tech University Tech XX
Phrases with Bulldog
Phrases starting with the word Bulldog:
Phrases ending with the word Bulldog:
Other phrases containing the word Bulldog:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bulldog
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Entrepreneur's Guide to Understanding and Writing an Effective Business Plan by Delfryn R. Hughes
Minor premise: A bulldog is a dog, Conclusion: A bulldog is an animal. This is a very simple example, ...
Farmers' Bulletin (1926)
Many of these qualities were no doubt inherited from the Mastiff, of which the English Bulldog is a descendant, and some were acquired from the terrier blood which ...
by Rohan Jayasinghe
At the examination the candidate is usually given 1 hour to spend with the patient unobserved by the examiners or the 'bulldog' (the bulldog is a basic trainee registrar from the host hospital assigned to attend to the candidate on the day of the ...
by Beate Reszat
Foreign bonds sometimes have colourful names, for example: sterling-denominated bonds issued in the UK by foreign borrowers are called bulldog bonds – the bulldog is a national symbol ...
by Shawn Armstrong
Variations: Bulldog Used by: AKA: Description: Variations: Bulldog Lariat Used by : AKA: Description: Variations: Bulldog, 3⁄4 Face Lock Used by: AKA: Description: Variations: Running Fireman's Carry Brainbuster (Masato Tanaka) Super ...
by Alan Burton
In an obvious contrast to the intelligence and ratiocination of Sherlock Holmes, Bulldog Drummond displays an overt anti-intellectualism, with Drummond simple, direct, and straight punching, sometimes to the point of self-conscious parody.
by Kenneth Womack
“Hey Bulldog” is a song on the Beatles' Yellow Submarine album. AUTHORSHIP AND BACKGROUND Written by Lennon with assistance from McCartney, “Hey Bulldog” was the last song that the Beatles recorded before traveling to India in ...
Bulldog. A breed of mediumsized, smooth haired, short nosed (brachycephalic) dog which has breathing difficulties. A show of the breed that took place in very hot weather resulted in the deaths of several dogs because the abnormally large ...
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
Old English mastiff Siberian husky Australian shepherd doberman pinscher Old English sheepspaniel, English, basenji elkhound dog springer, cocker basset hound English bulldog otter hound spitz beagle foxhound Pekingese staghound ...
a complete manual of the dog, its varieties, physiology, breeding, training, exhibition and management, with articles on the designing of kennels by Vero Kemball Shaw
BULLDOG formed limbs as to be almost incapable of jumping on or off a bench. In fact, so far as any approach to utility is concerned, comparisons are all in favour of the bygone type, the latter-day development of which has produced little else ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
bulldog a bulldog has traditionally been taken as the symbol of what are regarded as British characteristics of pluck and stubbornness, and may generally denote a person noted for courageous or stubborn tenacity.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bulldog
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bulldog
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: bdunnette
Mack, Bulldog, 1962.
Photo credit: carlawosniak
- Mack Bulldog
Photo credit: Samdogs
- A Bulldog Named Stella
Playful puppy At the Dry Creek Open Space. She really, really wants to be friends with Stella, the Great Dane.
Photo credit: Laertes
- Blue bulldog, Pink, Natick Mall
Photo credit: Yzukerman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bulldog
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bulldog Meaning
Video shows what bulldog means. A breed of dog developed in England by the crossing of the bullbaiting dog and the Pug to produce a ladies companion dog.
- White English bulldog Meaning
Video shows what white English bulldog means. A medium to large breed of predominantly white dog with short, coarse coat, square, flat skull with powerful ...
- Bulldog gravy Meaning
Video shows what bulldog gravy means. Depression-era foodstuff associated with American coal miners. Mixture of water, flour, and grease. Eaten with beans.
- Vox Bulldog tryout and explanation
This video features an overview on Vox Bulldog distortion made...
- Beatz by Flash/ Definition of Party/ BullDog Sound 2012 working
- Dj BullDog | Definition of Party
- Dj BullDog | Definition of Party DjGroup
- Dj BullDog | Definition of Party
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program - Bulldog Bites
Learn about one of the newest Health Professions programs at South Suburban College.
- Tuff talking, the bulldog language
- Bulldog speaks in foreign language
theballadofHope wants....... Something....
See also the pronunciation examples of Bulldog!
Sign Language Lesson 23: "Truck, Bulldog, Sunburn"
Quotes about Bulldog
Fowl cock en got nuh right in bulldog fight.
more quotes about bulldog...
Scrabble value of B3U1L1L1D2O1G2
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BULLDOG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- BULL GOD
See also the blanagrams of Bulldog!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bulldog to see it in context!