On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun body fluid
What does body fluid mean as a name of something?
- the liquid parts of the body
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of body fluid: bodily fluid / humor / humour / liquid body substance
- more generic term: body substance = the substance of the body
- more specific terms:
- aqueous humour / aqueous humor = the limpid fluid within the eyeball between the cornea and the lens
- vitreous humour / vitreous humor / vitreous body = the clear colorless transparent jelly that fills the posterior chamber of the eyeball
- endolymph = the bodily fluid that fills the membranous labyrinth of the inner ear
- perilymph = the bodily fluid that fills the space between the bony labyrinth and the membranous labyrinth of the inner ear
- extracellular fluid / ECF = liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid
- intracellular fluid = liquid contained inside the cell membranes
- succus / juice = any of several liquids of the body
- karyolymph = a clear liquid in the cell nucleus in which the nucleolus and chromatin and other structures are dispersed
- milk = produced by mammary glands of female mammals for feeding their young
- amnionic fluid / amniotic fluid / waters = the serous fluid in which the embryo is suspended inside the amnion
- blood = the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets
- blood serum / serum = an amber, watery fluid, rich in proteins, that separates out when blood coagulates
- chyle = a milky fluid consisting of lymph and emulsified fats
- lymph = a thin coagulable fluid (similar to plasma but) containing white blood cells (lymphocytes) and chyle
- seminal fluid / ejaculate / semen / come / seed / cum = the thick white fluid containing spermatozoa that is ejaculated by the male genital tract
- ink = dark protective fluid ejected into the water by cuttlefish and other cephalopods
- secretion = a functionally specialized substance (especially one that is not a waste) released from a gland or cell
- black bile / melancholy = a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen and to cause sadness and melancholy
- yellow bile / choler = a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the liver and to cause irritability and anger
- lochia = substance discharged from the vagina (cellular debris and mucus and blood) that gradually decreases in amount during the weeks following childbirth
- suppuration / festering / purulence / sanies / ichor / pus = a fluid product of inflammation
- cerebrospinal fluid / spinal fluid = clear liquid produced in the ventricles of the brain
Alternative definition of the noun body fluid
- [anatomy] bodily fluid
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for body fluid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Wilhelm Kirch
Body Fluid Balance Synonyms Bodyfluid household ...
by Diagram Group
diuretics These increase the output of urine and so reduce body fluid levels. emetic drugs These are used to promote vomiting. estrogens The name for the female sex hormones produced by the ovaries. hemostatic drugs ...
by Elizabeth A. Martin, Oxford University Press
a microscopic structure within the kidney that is important in regulating blood pressure, body fluid, and electrolytes. It is situated in each nephron, between the afferent ...
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2007)
by Elsevier, Mosby
body fluid, n a liquid portion of the body such as plasma, lymph, tears, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for body fluid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about body fluid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Someone just dive. Some sparks, underwater
Photo credit: gabriel.jorby
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about body fluid
Body fluid Meaning
Video shows what body fluid means. bodily fluid. Body fluid Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say body fluid. Powered by MaryTTS ...
See also the pronunciation examples of body fluid!
Quotes about body fluid
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'body fluid"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of body fluid to see it in context!