The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun beast:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun beast
- Definition of the verb beast
- Phrases with Beast
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beast
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beast
- Photos about Beast
- Video language resources about Beast
- Sign language
- Quotes about Beast
- Scrabble value of B3E1A1S1T1
- Anagrams of BEAST
- Share this page
Beast is sometimes a misspelling of best.
The word beast is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun beast
What does beast mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: beasts
- a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
- lexical domain: Tops - unique beginner for nouns
- synonyms of beast: animal / animate being / brute / creature / fauna
- more generic words: being / organism = a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- more specific terms:
- pest = any unwanted and destructive insect or other animal that attacks food or crops or livestock etc.
- critter = a regional term for `creature'
- creepy-crawly = an animal that creeps or crawls
- darter = a person or other animal that moves abruptly and rapidly
- peeper = an animal that makes short high-pitched sounds
- homoiotherm / homeotherm / homotherm = an animal that has a body temperature that is relatively constant and independent of the environmental temperature
- poikilotherm / ectotherm = an animal whose body temperature varies with the temperature of its surroundings
- range animal = any animal that lives and grazes in the grassy open land of western North America
- varment / varmint = any usually predatory wild animal considered undesirable
- scavenger = any animal that feeds on refuse and other decaying organic matter
- work animal = an animal trained for and used for heavy labor
- domesticated animal / domestic animal = any of various animals that have been tamed and made fit for a human environment
- feeder = an animal that feeds on a particular source of food
- migrator = an animal (especially birds and fish) that travels between different habitats at particular times of the year
- moulter / molter = an animal (especially birds and arthropods and reptiles) that periodically shed their outer layer
- pet = a domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement
- stayer = a person or other animal having powers of endurance or perseverance
- stunt = a creature (especially a whale) that has been prevented from attaining full growth
- marine creature / marine animal / sea creature / sea animal = any of numerous animals inhabiting the sea including e.g. fishes and molluscs and many mammals
- female = an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes
- male = an animal that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes
- adult = any mature animal
- offspring / young = any immature animal
- thoroughbred / pureblood / purebred = a pedigreed animal of unmixed lineage
- giant = any creature of exceptional size
- survivor = an animal that survives in spite of adversity
- mutant = an animal that has undergone mutation
- herbivore = any animal that feeds chiefly on grass and other plants
- insectivore = any organism that feeds mainly on insects
- acrodont = an animal having teeth consolidated with the summit of the alveolar ridge without sockets
- pleurodont = an animal having teeth fused with the inner surface of the alveolar ridge without sockets
- zooplankton = animal constituent of plankton
- fertilized egg / conceptus / embryo = an animal organism in the early stages of growth and differentiation that in higher forms merge into fetal stages but in lower forms terminate in commencement of larval life
- chordate = any animal of the phylum Chordata having a notochord or spinal column
- invertebrate = any animal lacking a backbone or notochord
- metazoan = any animal of the subkingdom Metazoa
- omnivore = an animal that feeds on both animal and vegetable substances
- predatory animal / predator = any animal that lives by preying on other animals
- quarry / prey = animal hunted or caught for food
- game = animal hunted for food or sport
- hexapod = an animal having six feet
- biped = an animal with two feet
- larva = the immature free-living form of most invertebrates and amphibians and fish which at hatching from the egg is fundamentally unlike its parent and must metamorphose
- racer = an animal that races
- fictional animal = animals that exist only in fiction
- captive = an animal that is confined
- mate = the partner of an animal
- member of: animal kingdom / Animalia / kingdom Animalia = taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct animals
- substance: animal tissue = the tissue in the bodies of animals
- a cruelly rapacious person
Alternative definition of the noun beast
- Any animal other than a human; usually only applied to land vertebrates.
- A person who behaves in a violent, antisocial or uncivilized manner.
- A large and impressive automobile
Definition of the verb beast
What does beast mean as a doing word?
- [British, military] to impose arduous exercises, either as training or as punishment.
- Beast a.k.a. Kyle Kingson is a fictional character in the 2011 fantasy romance film Beastly.
- Beast is a fictional character from the 2011 film Beast.
- Beast is a fictional character from the 2005 film Devour.
- Beast is a fictional character from the 2012 film Mirror Mirror.
- Beast is a fictional character from the 1932 film Island of Lost Souls.
- Beast is a fictional character from the 2010 film Outcast.
- Beast is a fictional film character.
- "Beast" a.k.a. "Don't Tell": The Beast in the Heart is a 2005 film directed by Cristina Comencini, based on the novel written by herself.
- read more about Don't Tell
- "Beast" is a 2011 cult erotic thriller film written and directed by Christoffer Boe.
- also known as Ktinos
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- producer: Tine Grew Pfeiffer
- art direction by Mette Lindberg
- written by Christoffer Boe
- Nicolas Bro as Bruno
- Marijana Jankovic as Maxine
- Nikolaj Lie Kaas as Valdemar
- Oliver Gustav as Blomsterhandler
- Sofia Oskarsson as Receptionist
- Benny Rokkjær as Bartender
- Jens Lindegaard as Læge
- Brian Aahøj as Falckredder
- Torben Ryttels as Falckredder
- Niels Bo Frank Christiansen as Boghandler
- Anton Poulsen as Ekspedient
- cinematography by Sophia Olsson
- edited by My Thordal
- music by Sylvain Chauveau
- costume design by Lone Bidstrup
- genres: Erotica, Thriller, Drama
- released on
- "Beast" is a 2011 short film written and directed by Attila Till.
- also known as Csicska, Bestia
- country: Hungary
- language: Hungarian language
- directors: Attila Till & Atila Till
- producers: Mónika Mécs, Gábor Rajna, Gábor Sipos
- written by Attila Till
- cinematography by Imre Juhasz
- edited by Béla Barsi
- music by Iván Lantos
- costume design by János Breckl
- released on
- award: - European Film Award for Best Short Film nomination for Attila Till
- official website: www.laokoonfilm.com/cinema/shortfilms/beast-csicska
- "Beast" a.k.a. "Bestia" is a 1917 Polish silent film starring Pola Negri. It was directed by Alexander Hertz and released by Warsaw-based film studio Sphinx Company. It was released in the U.S. under the title The Polish Dancer in 1921.
- read more about Bestia
- "Beast" a.k.a. "Running Wild" is a 2006 South Korean film.
- read more about Running Wild
- "Beast" is a 2009 short thriller and drama film written and directed by Lars P. Arendt.
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- producer: Troels Faber
- executive producers: Steen Dongo Jensen & Henrik Laier
- written by Lars P. Arendt
- based on a story by Lars P. Arendt & Troels Faber
- casting by Lene Seested
- cinematography by Erik Zappon
- edited by Lars P. Arendt
- genres: Thriller, Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Beast" is a 2011 short film written and directed by Valentina Chamorro.
- also known as Séptimo, Sžptimo
- country: Sweden
- language: Swedish Language
- producer: Valentina Chamorro
- written by Valentina Chamorro
- cinematography by Alexander Westergårdh
- edited by Valentina Chamorro & Alexandra Litén
- music by Olle Sjostrom
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on
- "Beast" is a 2012 short film directed by Michael V. Smith.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- released in
Who is Beast?
Beast a.k.a. Adam C. Edwards is a stunt double and an actor.
- read more about Adam C. Edwards (actor)
Phrases with Beast
Phrases starting with the word Beast:
Phrases ending with the word Beast:
Other phrase containing the word Beast:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beast
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dublin Review (1850)
by Nicholas Patrick Wiseman
The first beast is a toad, accompanied with a countless brood of young ones, which have parrot voices.
The fourth beast is an immense terrific serpent, symbolizing infidelity, and is in close connexion with the other beasts, and derives aid ...
A Guide for Reflection and Prayer by Marcus Maxwell
The beast is any power system that gives itself a status due only to God. The second beast is any system of belief and worship that bolsters the claims of the first beast. It is the religious and philosophical...
The main characteristic of the beast is that it claims the allegiance that only God can command. That must surely be our ...
Last Resistance, The (2012)
The Concept of Science as a Defense against Psychoanalysis by Marcus Bowman
The blond beast is a thought experiment, a mythic creature, conceived as being without conscience and without history. The blond beast is the essence of what the “barbarian” has meant, in every age. It is something which, left to its own ...
by Adam Clarke
A beast is the symbol of a kingdom ; the has been proved, in the preceding part of this ter, to be the Latin kingdom; and 'H Aartvij Uu being shown to contain, exclusively, the ber 606, is the demonstration. iving demonstrated that 'H Aarivn ...
A Work of Reference for the Architect, Builder, Sculptor, Decorative Artist, and General Student. With Numerous Illustrations from All Styles of Architecture, from the Egyptian to the Renaissance by William Audsley
As might be expected, the beast with the seven heads and ten horns has been represented in various ways. It was a fair subject for the ingenuity of artists, and the disposition of the seven heads, and the ten horns on those seven heads, were ...
by Kurt Hemmer
The book includes 99 poems written using McClure's trademark “beast language, ” an invented idiom based on the sounds of animals and divorced from normal human discourse, and yet still communicative on some deeper biological level.
by J. Daniel Hays, J. Scott Duvall, C. Marvin Pate
beast is said to be “an eighth king,” who is “of the seven” (17:11). Most interpreters have identified the seven kings as a series of Roman emperors or as a symbol of the complete period of Roman domination. Some interpreters have identified ...
by Ph. D. James E. Smith
Beast(s) Another picture of final conflict occurs in 20:8 where the kings of the earth are deceived by Satan and gathered for battle. These enemies are called Gog and Magog. They attack the camp of God's people. This battle is probably to be ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beast
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Beast
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Greg Walters
Texas Longhorn in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge
Photo credit: Larry Smith2010
Photo credit: Treforlutions TreVizionz
Photo credit: Mike Miley
Photo credit: wouldpkr
Photo credit: michael_swan
Photo credit: michael_swan
Photo credit: gc.images
Photo credit: pasa47
Fujifilm FinePix X100 | 1/500sec, f/5.6, ISO 320
Photo credit: heipei
- BEAST MOTHER
Photo credit: Andrew Pilling
- Don't wake the sleeping Beast.... shhh....
Photo credit: s-velasco
- Hidden beast.
Photo credit: BobGarry
- Supreme beast
As requested by Ant, this is a Bedford YLQ / Plaxton Supreme originally TWT504R new to Anderton of Keighley.
The 67 route ran from Valletta - Msida - Sliema Ferries - St Julians - Paceville - St Andrews.
Photo credit: The return of the spiceymexrice!
- Snuggly Beast
Linus likes the summer.
Photo credit: nedrichards
- Stalked Beast
Photo credit: LordTureis
- Urban Beast
Urban Beat's storefront in Seattle, across from REI
Photo credit: Broadbandito
- Inner beast
Who - David Byrne & St. Vincent
Ink, pencil and markers on moleskine paper.
Photo credit: Lady Orlando
- Little Beast
Photo credit: ۞DLB۞
Photo credit: wonker
View more pictures about The Beast.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Beast
Click on an item to play that video:
- Beast meaning and pronunciation
A person or thing that looks tough, ripped, cut, or has an intimidating presence. Beast definition by Urban Dictionary.
- Does the word "beast" or number "666" have a meaning in islam
Answered by Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Salah Join us on the Facebook...
- Beast Meaning
Video shows what beast means. Any animal other than a human; usually only applied to land vertebrates, especially large or dangerous four-footed ones.
- Society's definition of beauty and beast
This is based on Fatema Mernissi story size 6: The Western Woman's Harem. A story based on a woman being told she was to big and her size was not carried ...
- FIFA 14 | Patrick Helmes BEAST GOAL // UltraHD 4K Definition
Have fun :)
- Beast Meaning
Video shows what Beast means. A figure in the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse), often identified with Satan or the Antichrist.. A wild animal, or seemingly so, ...
- [KWAVN][Vietsub] Meaning of BEAST to Son Dongwoon
- Beast with two backs Meaning
Video shows what beast with two backs means. Two people engaged in sexual intercourse.. beast with two backs synonyms: double-backed beast, two-backed ...
- Lebron James-The Definition of Beast
- Competitive Crystal Beast Deck Profile + Explanation - July 2014
Crittal Bests Derk Proful.
- Definition of a Beast
- Copy of The definition of beast!
- Beast of prey Meaning
Video shows what beast of prey means. A carnivorous animal that hunts for its food, especially one that preys on vertebrates.. A predatory man or woman, ...
- The real definition of BEAST
- Definition of Beast Mode!
- EFL UMX Beast & Pitts Fly Together
- Noun Worksheet - Having fun translating beast writing and identifying nouns
Using leastbeast.com noun worksheet.
See also the pronunciation examples of Beast!
Disney Hollywood Studios Beauty and the Beast sign language unbelievable
Two persons talk with sing language during the beauty and the beast show in Disney Hollywood studios (Orlando, Florida) Deux personnes parlant le langage ...
Quotes about Beast
This beast went to the well and drank, and the noise was in the beast's belly like unto the questing of thirty couple hounds, but all the while the beast drank there was no noise in the beast's belly. (Thomas Malory)
more quotes about beast...
Scrabble value of B3E1A1S1T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BEAST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Beast!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Beast to see it in context!