On this page:
- Definition of the noun bacteriologist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bacteriologist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bacteriologist
- Photos about Bacteriologist
- Video about Bacteriologist
- Scrabble value of B3A1C3T1E1R1I1O1L1O1G2I1S1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bacteriologist
What does bacteriologist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bacteriologists
- a biologist who studies bacteria
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic terms: biologist / life scientist = a scientist who studies living organisms
- Sir David Bruce / David Bruce / Bruce = Australian physician and bacteriologist who described the bacterium that causes undulant fever or brucellosis
- Paul Ehrlich / Ehrlich = German bacteriologist who found a `magic bullet' to cure syphilis and was a pioneer in the study of immunology
- Sir Alexander Fleming / Alexander Fleming / Fleming = Scottish bacteriologist who discovered penicillin
- Hans C. J. Gram / Gram = Danish physician and bacteriologist who developed a method of staining bacteria to distinguish among them
- Robert Koch / Koch = German bacteriologist who isolated the anthrax bacillus and the tubercle bacillus and the cholera bacillus
- Ilya Ilich Metchnikov / Elie Metchnikoff / Elie Metchnikov / Metchnikoff / Metchnikov = Russian bacteriologist in France who formulated the theory of phagocytosis
- Hideyo Noguchi / Noguchi = United States bacteriologist (born in Japan) who discovered the cause of yellow fever and syphilis
- Hans Conrad Julius Reiter / Reiter = German bacteriologist who described a disease now known as Reiter's syndrome and who identified the spirochete that causes syphilis in humans
- August von Wassermann / Wassermann = German bacteriologist who developed a diagnostic test for syphilis
- Alexandre Emile Jean Yersin / Alexandre Yersin / Yersin = French bacteriologist born in Switzerland; was a student of Pasteur
- Hans Zinsser / Zinsser = United States bacteriologist who helped develop immunization against typhus fever
Bacteriologist is a fictional character from the 1963 film How to Be Loved.
Bacteriologist: A bacteriologist is a professional trained in bacteriology a subdivision of microbiology. The duties of a bacteriologist include prevention, diagnosis and prognosis of diseases, as well as health care, and they may carry out various functions such as epidemiological surveillance, quality auditing, biotechnology development, basic research, management and teaching related to the career, scientist management, laboratory coordination and blood banks.
- also known as Bacteriólogo (Profesión)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bacteriologist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Scientific Attitude (2017)
by C. H. Waddington
Every atomic physicist and bacteriologist is a member of a community, and reflects opinions and attitudes which prevail in it. As Waddington himself points out, in another context, it is easy to ...
Quiz on: Introduction to Microbiology Q 2 : Bacteriologists arerelatedtothestudy of ______. A : Viruses B : Bacteria C : Algae D : Fungi Ans : Bacteria The correctanswer is B. A bacteriologist is a person who is concerned with the study ...
by Paul G. Engelkirk, Janet L. Duben-Engelkirk, Gwendolyn R. Wilson Burton
bacteriologist is a scientist who specializes in bacteriology— the study of the structure, functions, and activities of bacteria. Scientists specializing in the field of phycology (or algology) study the various types of algae and are called ...
Klebs, German bacteriologist, 1834— 1913], a genus of diplococcal bacteria that appear as small, plump rods with rounded ends. Several respiratory diseases, including bronchitis, sinusitis, and some ...
Dictionary of Medical Terms (2010)
by A & C Black Publishers Ltd
bacteriologist in Zürich, ...
by Peter J. Gosling
BACKBONE BACTERIOLOGIST main flow of CURRENT; e.g. in an ELECTROLYTIC CELL because of POLARIZATION or in an ELECTRIC MOTOR because of ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION. backbone (anatomy) An alternative term for ...
by Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie, Joy Dorothy Harvey
bacteriologist. Born 20 January 1901 in Prairie Grove, Ark Educated Hendrix College (A.B., 1923); University of Chicago (M.S., ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
bacteriologist; bacteriology; bacterium BACT Best Available Control Technology bacter bacteriologist bacteriol bacteriologic(al)(ly); bacteriologist; bacteriology bactrian bactrian camel (twohump camel of Asia) BACU Battle Area Control Unit ...
by Mosby, Inc
Klebs, German bacteriologist, 1834– 1913], a genus of diplococcal bacteria that appear as small, plump rods with rounded ends. Several respiratory diseases, including bronchitis, sinusitis, and some ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bacteriologist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bacteriologist
If you need images about Bacteriologist for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Bacteriologist
Video shows what bacteriologist means. A microbiologist whose speciality is bacteriology.. Bacteriologist Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
Scrabble value of B3A1C3T1E1R1I1O1L1O1G2I1S1T1
The value of this 14-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bacteriologist to see it in context!