Artist appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- "Pull a citified artist, for crofts I trade I fit!" I call up.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun artist
- Definition of the adjective artist
- Phrases with Artist
- Printed books with definitions for Artist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Artist
- Photos about Artist
- Video language resources about Artist
- Sign language
- Quotes about Artist
- Scrabble value of A1R1T1I1S1T1
- Anagrams of ARTIST
- Share this page
The word artist is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun artist
What does artist mean as a name of something?
Artist is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: artists
- a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination
- examples: I am not an artist. I never had the knack for it. | The artist captured the charm of the lady. | Picasso is a famous artist. | Picasso is a famous artist whom everyone knows. | The poor man finally became a great artist. | The poor young man finally became a great artist. | The photo artist had trouble expressing himself. | As the artist grows older his paintings may alter. | The artist exclaimed. | The artist has an individualistic style of painting.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of artist: creative person
- more generic word: creator = a person who grows or makes or invents things
- more specific terms:
- illustrator = an artist who makes illustrations
- classic = an artist who has created classic works
- classicist = an artistic person who adheres to classicism
- constructivist = an artist of the school of constructivism
- ornamentalist / decorator = someone who decorates
- draftsman / drawer = an artist skilled at drawing
- etcher = someone who etches
- expressionist = an artist who is an adherent of expressionism
- maestro / master = an artist of consummate skill
- minimalist = a practitioner or advocate of artistic minimalism
- modernist = an artist who makes a deliberate break with previous styles
- musician = artist who composes or conducts music as a profession
- painter = an artist who paints
- photographer / lensman = someone who takes photographs professionally
- Pre-Raphaelite = a painter or writer dedicated to restoring early Renaissance ideals
- graphic artist / printmaker = an artist who designs and makes prints
- pyrographer = an artist who practices pyrography
- romanticist / romantic = an artist of the Romantic Movement or someone influenced by Romanticism
- statue maker / sculpturer / sculptor / carver = an artist who creates sculptures
- stylist = an artist who is a master of a particular style
- surrealist = an artist who is a member of the movement called surrealism
- symbolist = a member of an artistic movement that expressed ideas indirectly via symbols
- Robert Indiana / Indiana = United States pop artist
- Hans Arp / Jean Arp / Arp = Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of dadaism in Zurich
- John James Audubon / Audubon = United States ornithologist and artist (born in Haiti) noted for his paintings of birds of America
- Marcel Duchamp / Duchamp = French artist who immigrated to the United States; a leader in the dada movement in New York City
- Al Hirschfeld / Hirschfeld = United States artist noted for his line-drawn caricatures
- Jasper Johns / Johns = United States artist and proponent of pop art
- Edward Lear / Lear = British artist and writer of nonsense verse
- Louis Comfort Tiffany / Tiffany = United States artist who developed Tiffany glass
Alternative definition of the noun artist
- A person who creates art.
- A person who creates art as an occupation.
- A person who is skilled at some activity.
Definition of the adjective artist
What does artist mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [archaic] Artistic.
- "Artist" a.k.a. "The Artist" is a 2011 romance film written and directed by Michel Hazanavicius.
- read more about The Artist
- "Artist" is a 2013 Indian Malayalam drama film written and directed by Shyamaprasad. An adaptation of Dreams In Prussian Blue, a paperback novel by Paritosh Uttam, the film is about two fine arts students, both driven by individual ambitions, who decide to live together. The film traces the course of their relationship and their progression as artists. It features Fahadh Faasil playing Michael and Ann Augustine as his lover, Gayathri. The supporting cast includes Sreeram Ramachandran, Sidhartha Siva, Srinda Ashab, Krishnachandran and Vanitha along with a host of newcomers. The film is produced by M. Mani under his banner, Sunitha Productions. The music is composed by Bijibal and the editing is by Vinod Sukumaran. The film won three major awards at the Kerala State Film Awards: Best Director, Best Actress and Best Actor.
- country: India
- language: Malayalam Language
- producer: M. Mani
- written by Shyamaprasad
- music by Bijibal
- genres: Drama, World cinema, Malayalam Cinema
- released on
- some of the awards:
- Filmfare Award for Best Film – Malayalam nomination for M. Mani
- Filmfare Award for Best Director – Malayalam nomination for Shyamaprasad
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Malayalam nomination for Bijibal
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Malayalam nomination for Ann Augustine
- Filmfare Award for Best Director – Malayalam, received by Shyamaprasad
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Malayalam, received by Ann Augustine
- "Artist" is a film.
- country: South Korea
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Drama
- Artist is a fictional film character.
- Artist is a fictional character from the 1962 film Professor.
- Artist is a fictional character from the 1990 film Pretty Woman.
- Artist is a fictional character from the 1924 film Her Night of Romance.
- Artist is a fictional character from the 1990 film Catchfire.
- Artist is a fictional character from the 1992 film Weather Is Good on Deribasovskaya, It Rains Again on Brighton Beach.
- also known as Дядя Миша, Артист, Ленин, Сталин, Брежнев
- in the film "Weather Is Good on Deribasovskaya, It Rains Again on Brighton Beach", played by Andrey Myagkov
- Artist a.k.a. Painter is a fictional character from the anime TV series Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat.
- read more about Painter
There are other characters with in their name, like Con Artist, Mime artist, Bunco Artist, Cinema Artist, Circus Artist, Makeup Artist, Sketch Artist, Street artist, Tattoo artist, Make Up Artist, Make-up artist, Martial Artist, Graffiti artist, Pavement Artist, Recording Artist, Performance artist, The Pick-up Artist, Contemporary artist.
- "aRtisT" is a 2012 studio EP by Teen Top.
- genre: K-pop
- released on
- "Artist" is a musical EP of FUVKIN.
- released in (14 years ago)
Artist is a musical group.
- album: "Out on the Road Again"
Artist is a record label.
- Artist a.k.a. Painter: This topic is for the profession "Painter", which is a specialization of "Artist", also written "Artiste" yes with an "e", in England in order to show that the artist painter is a professional, like Artiste Langdonart, Ronald Belanger and others are in 2012, and like were van Gogh, Monet and Manet were in the past.
- also known as Maalari, رسام, Thợ sơn, Живописець, Peintre, Живописец, 畫家
- The Artist account is aimed at artists, creators of art, and targets the creation of business profile, complete portfolio, marketing and sale of Artwork, identification of market niche as well as optional expansion of the business model through indirect sales and purchases for the purpose of increase in revenue.
- official website: www.UnfoldingArt.com
- Artist of this series of artworks.
- Artist: The primary artist or artists that performed this piece.
- Artist: Artists that work out of this shop.
- Artist: The musical artist referred to in the article.
Phrases with Artist
Phrases starting with the word Artist:
Phrases ending with the word Artist:
- con artist
- Jab Artist
- clip artist
- Crap Artist
- Graf Artist
- Piss Artist
- Scam Artist
- Cover artist
- Foley Artist
- Photo Artist
- Wheel Artist
- Escape Artist
- Pickup artist
- scenic artist
- Street artist
- Tattoo artist
- Visual Artist
View more phrases with the word Artist in thesaurus!
Printed books with definitions for Artist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The British Quarterly Review (1881)
But in 'The Builder' we are told that ' the transparent fallacy which underlies the whole series of attacks is that because every true artist is a workman, therefore every workman is a true artist.
The artist is the author of the image on the stone. Rauschenberg in particular has a...
Musing the Mosaic (2003)
Approaches to Ronald Sukenick by Matthew Roberson
The Artist is the Medium is the Message: A Ron Sukenick Re-Mix Mark Amerika Abstract Expressionism (Part One) Riffing on Sukenick's dictum that "[g]enre is traditional, medium is technological ..." and that "[w]e live in a technological culture, ...
Tookey's Talkies (2017)
144 Great Films From the Last 25 Years by Christopher Tookey
The Artist is that rarest of phenomena: cinematic perfection. A French picture shot in Hollywood with a largely...
The Artist is a work of genius: witty, sophisticated and blessedly original. It is moving, charming and funny. It's one of the most ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Artist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Artist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Made Underground
Place du Tertre, Paris
Photo credit: chrisd90
Photo credit: Kunstee
An artist sketches the Imperial Palace in Tokyo from the car park outside.
Photo credit: masochismtango
Photo credit: cattan2011
- Resting artist..
Photo credit: Rooney Dog
- Portait Artist
Street Artist and Tourist, Nagasaki, Japan
Photo credit: Andy Atzert
- Artist overview
Photo credit: Dan Gravell
- Coffee maker artist
Trinidad is a town renown for its crafts, although you have to look beyond the cheap souvenirs and trinkets to find them. This shop makes images of espresso coffee makers that symbolize the role of women, and other subtle political messages.
Photo credit: runneralan2004
Photo credit: dacian dorca-street photographie
- Mississippi Artist
Photo credit: visitmississippi
- Glass Artist
Photo credit: mattmurphyphoto
- Ceramics artist
National School of the Arts. Havana Cuba
Photo credit: runneralan2004
- Mural Artist at Work
Photo credit: jay galvin
- Artist 0217 3060bw
Photo credit: Ross Elliott
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Artist
Click on an item to play that video:
- Artist Ai Weiwei explores definition of freedom at Alcatraz
Most people who take the ferry to Alcatraz are going to tour the legendary former prison in San Francisco Bay. They may be surprised to find seven new works by ...
- An artist explanation of 'time' and the creative principle behind life
This theory explains a greater reality of one creative principle behind the laws of physics forming something like the sounding board of a musical instrument that ...
- Con artist Meaning
Video shows what con artist means. A person who defrauds or swindles others after first gaining their trust, a scam operator.. con artist synonyms: conman, ...
- Abraham Hicks - Rap Artist Has Some Vocabulary For Abraham (2011)
Please Support Abraham Hicks by checking out her: Website...
- The Meaning Of Hijab From The Beautiful Artist Zaskia Mecca
- Artist Meaning
Video shows what artist means. A person who creates art.. A person who creates art as an occupation.. A person who is skilled at some activity.. artist ...
- How an Artist Creates Meaning
Multimedia artist Vaughn Bell explains how her interest in the environment developed and manifests itself in her work. This video is part of Sensing Change, ...
- Rap Artist Has Some Vocabulary For Abraham
Abraham-Hicks: 1/29/11 West LA, CA abraham-hicks.com.
- Artist impressions with explanation
Artist impressions with explanation.
- Scam artist Meaning
Video shows what scam artist means. A person who attempts to defraud others by presenting a fraudulent offer and pretending that it is legitimate, a con artist.
- Artist explanation
- A Young Artist's Take On The Meaning of Christmas!
- Martial artist Meaning
Video shows what martial artist means. Someone that does culture-bound practice of idealized conflict. Usually reenacting 15th to 18th century fighting, defined ...
- Track 03 "Thoughts" - Album "Meaning" - Artist "Applehead"
"Thoughts" Track 03 from the album Meaning by Applehead. This album is a solo project by The Crucified's guitarist Greg Minier. Liner Notes: "When you can ...
- ROBERT WILLIAMS Artist Talk At LAMAG for SLANG AESTHETICS
As a part of the special programming for Robert Williams: Slang Aesthetics! and '20 Years Under The Influence of Juxtapoz' artist Robert Williams gave a great ...
- Foley artist Meaning
Video shows what foley artist means. A person who creates sound effects and adds them to film and TV images. Foley artist Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Unveiling the Mask--SD Artist Sews Meaning into Artwork
- 3 Artist and Therapist Vocabulary
3 Artist and Therapist Vocabulary.
- Jab artist Meaning
Video shows what jab artist means. A boxer who fights with short jab-like punches.. Jab artist Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- INTERVIEW - Artist Pandemonia on his outfit, the meaning ...
INTERVIEW - Artist Pandemonia on his outfit, the meaning behind it, London Fashion Week at Street Fashion at London Fashion Week A/W 2013 on February ...
View more videos about Cover artist, Photo Artist, Escape Artist, Makeup Artist, Pickup artist, Visual Artist, Make-up artist, Trapeze Artist, Graffiti artist, Recording Artist, and Photographic Artist.
See also the pronunciation examples of Artist!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Hands-On sign language interview with artist deaf-blind artist Minerva Hussain
Short video of Gina Bebbington's interview for the Northwich Guardian with Minerva Hussain, a deaf and blind artist from Northwich in Cheshire. There are two ...
- Micha Logan Gospel Sign Language Artist tribute to Ms. Whitney Houston"
Micha Gospel Sign Language Artist is signing a tribute to Ms. Whitney Houston at the 18th Annual God's Hands of Praise Sign Language Concert in Detroit, ...
- Artist or Art or Drawing - ASL Word - American Sign Language
- Sharon Dimond's Artist Statement in BSL (British Sign Language)
- Funny sign language artist in London
This guy does the best facial expressions !
Quotes about Artist
The main reason he wanted to be a recording artist was because it gives you much more freedom in your writing. You only have to please the artist and the artist is you so you can be more daring and experimental. (Cynthia Weil)
more quotes about artist...
Scrabble value of A1R1T1I1S1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARTIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Artist!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Artist to see it in context!