Ample appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- My gay bed: ample help made by a gym.
- "Note, LA: I demolish self to help man; I attain ample hot flesh," silo media let on.
- Lo, did an ogre help martyr ample hotties in a gap in a cross, or can I paganise it to help Mary trample her gonad idol?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective ample:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ample
- Phrases with Ample
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ample
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ample
- Photos about Ample
- Videos about Ample
- Quotes about Ample
- Scrabble value of A1M3P3L1E1
- Anagrams of AMPLE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective ample
What does ample mean as an attribute of a noun?
Ample is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more ample / ampler | most ample / amplest
- more than enough in size or scope or capacity
- affording an abundant supply
- fairly large in size
Alternative definition of the adjective ample
- Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.
- Fully sufficient; abundant; liberal; copious; as, an ample fortune; ample justice.
- Not contracted or brief; not concise; extended; diffusive; as, an ample narrative.
AMPLE is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as waypoint AMPLE, AMPLE waypoint, fix AMPLE, AMPLE fix
Ample is a fictional character from the 2001 film Princess Arete.
AMPLE is the name of two different programming languages.
Phrases with Ample
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ample
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kenneth Hudson
Ample 3 almost as if 'aggressive salesperson' were a compound noun. And, businessmen being the super-serious creatures they are, the thought that there might be irreverent people who would find the idea of “an aggressive chemical ...
Locomotive Dictionary (1916)
The frame and pedestals of the two-wheel truck are cast in one piece and are so arranged that semi-elliptic springs of good length can be used while affording ample clearance under the locomotive frame. The springs are supported by ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
* AMPLE, adj. amplus, Lat.] x. Large; wide: extended.
Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference
* AMPLE. adj. amplus, Lat.) 1. wide: extended.— Heav'n ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ample
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ample
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Ample Parking
Photo credit: pasa47
- Ample Parking
Photo credit: protohiro
- Ample Parking
Photo credit: kyz
- Ample Seating
Moonlit sky, Cherry Springs State Park, Potter County.
The park and surrounding Susquehannock State Forest lands are among the few truly dark-sky locations east of the Mississippi River. Even with the moonlight, the Milky Way was faintly visible.
Photo credit: Nicholas_T
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ample
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ample Meaning
Video shows what ample means. Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.. Fully sufficient; abundant; liberal; copious; as, ...
- English vocabulary- ample. Learn a useful English word to your vocabulary.
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Ample, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
See also the pronunciation examples of Ample!
Quotes about Ample
Scrabble value of A1M3P3L1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMPLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ample!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ample to see it in context!