The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun adept:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun adept
- Definition of the adjective adept
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adept
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adept
- Photos about Adept
- Video language resources about Adept
- Quotes about Adept
- Scrabble value of A1D2E1P3T1
- Anagrams of ADEPT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adept
What does adept mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adepts
- someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of adept: ace / champion / genius / hotshot / maven / mavin / sensation / star / superstar / virtuoso / whiz / whizz / wiz / wizard
- more generic word: expert = a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
- more specific term: track star = a star runner
Alternative definition of the noun adept
- One fully skilled or well versed in anything; a proficient; as, adepts in philosophy.
Definition of the adjective adept
What does adept mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more adept / adepter | most adept / adeptest
- having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
Alternative definition of the adjective adept
- Well skilled; completely versed; thoroughly proficient
- antonym: inept
Definition of the adjective adept for high school students
- extremely skilled
- example: Tarzan was adept at jumping from tree to tree like a monkey.
The adjective adept is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- Adept is a Swedish metalcore band from Trosa. Founded in 2004, the band consists of Robert Ljung, Jerry Repo Filip Brandelius, Gabriel Hellmark and Gustav Lithammer. They've released 3 EP's as well as 3 studio albums to date, including Another Year of Disaster in 2009, Death Dealers in 2011 and their latest, Silence the World, in 2013. In November 2014, they announced that their next album will be released in 2015.
- Robert Ljung (Vocals) since
- Jerry Repo (Guitar) since
- Gabriel Hellmark (Drums) since
- Filip Brandelius (Bass guitar) since
- Gustav Lithammer (Guitar) since
- Jacob Papinniemi (Guitar) between and (7 years)
- Andrew Brierly Chramer (Guitar) in
- Tobias Ottosson (Bass guitar) between and (3 years)
- Andreas Carlsson (Bass guitar) between and (2 years)
- genres: Post-hardcore, Metalcore
- albums: "Death Dealers", "The Rose Will Decay", "When the Sun Gave Up the Sky", "Silence the World", "Another Year of Disaster"
- official website: www.adeptofficial.com
- Adept is a musical group.
- album: "Adept"
"Adept" is a musical album of Adept.
- released in (8 years ago)
"ADEPT" is a 2013 Telly Award winning film, created for the MU School of Medicine.
- country: United States of America
- award: - Telly Award for Internet/Online Video Online Video - Education, received by University of Missouri System
Adept is a fictional character, a superhero in the Marvel Universe, member of the Strikeforce: Morituri. The character was created by Peter B. Gillis and Brent Anderson.
- Adept: An adept is an individual identified as having attained a specific level of knowledge, skill, or aptitude in doctrines relevant to a particular author or organization.
- ADEPT a.k.a. DEPT: Directed Enzyme Prodrug Therapy uses enzymes artificially introduced into the body to convert Prodrugs, which have no or poor biological activity, to the active form in the desired location within the body. Many chemotherapy drugs for cancer lack tumour specificity and the doses required to reach therapeutic levels in the tumour are often toxic to other tissues. DEPT strategies are an experimental method of reducing the systemic toxicity of a drug, by achieving high levels of the active drug only at the desired site.
- read more about DEPT
- adept is a fictional job title.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adept
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge, with a New Atlas of the World by William Dwight Whitney
ad n adept (_a- de t') ...
by Hensleigh Wedgwood (M.A.)
Adept. Lat. adipiscor, adept us, to obtain. Alchymists who have obtained the grand elixir, or philosopher's stone, which gave them the power of transmuting metals to gold, were called adepti, of whom there were said to be twelve always in ...
A Lexicon of Freemasonry: containing a definition of all its communicable terms, notices of its history, traditions, and antiquities; and an account of all the rites and mysteries of the ancient world (1845)
by Albert Gallatin MACKEY
3, Adept (this is the Master); 4, ...
by Carole Sue Bailey, Kathy Dolby, Hilda Marian Campbell, Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf
adept: adj. highly skilled; proficient. The teacher is an adept mathematician. SIGN #1: Left 'EXTENDED B' hand, palm ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adept
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adept
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adept
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adept Meaning
Video shows what adept means. Well skilled; completely versed; thoroughly proficient. adept synonyms: Wikisaurus:skilled person. adept pronunciation. How to ...
- Adept Definition
- ESL Vocabulary : adept
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Adept, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the Word, Easy Vocabulary, Daily Vocabulary, Words Power, Words Meaning.
- ESL Vocabulary : adept
See also the pronunciation examples of Adept!
Quotes about Adept
Scrabble value of A1D2E1P3T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADEPT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adept!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adept to see it in context!