On this page:
- Zhang Jun is a former male badminton player from the People's Republic of China. He is now a coach with the Chinese national team following his retirement from international play.
- Zhang Jun, courtesy name Gongting, formally Duke Zhongcheng of Xiping or Duke Wen of Xiping was a ruler of the Chinese state Former Liang. During his reign, he at times used the Jin-created title of Duke of Xiping, but when forced to submit to Han Zhao and Later Zhao, he used the title Prince of Liang. Late in his reign, even when not under Later Zhao's pressure, he claimed the title of "Acting Prince of Liang." During the brief reign of his son Zhang Zuo, he was honored as Prince Wen of Liang.
- Zhang Jun a.k.a. Jun Zhang: Zhang Jun is a male Chinese track and field athlete who competes in the shot put. He is the Chinese record holder outdoors with a throw of 20.41 metres and the Asian record holder indoors with a mark of 20.16 m. He has won medals at the Summer Universiade, Asian Games, Asian Athletics Championships and the East Asian Games. He represented China at the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships.
- read more about Jun Zhang
- Zhang Jun, style name Deyuan, was a Chinese chancellor between 1135 and 1137, military commissioner, and general of the Song dynasty. A native of Mianzhu, Sichuan, he is also known by the pseudonym Zǐyán Jūshì.
- also known as 張浚
- born in (919 years ago)
- died in (852 years ago)
- Zhang Jun, was a Chinese general and official who fought during the Jin–Song Wars. His battle with Jurchen commander Wanyan Wuzhu at Mingzhou near the temporary Song capital of Hangzhou briefly halted the Jin advance, giving the Song Emperor Gaozong the chance to flee the city by ship. Soon after, his army suppressed rebellions and banditry in the south alongside the generals Yue Fei, Han Shizhong, Yang Qizhong, and others. Emperor Gaozong diminished the power of the military by moving Yue, Han, and Zhang to civilian positions in 1141. A year later, the Song finished negotiating a peace treaty with the Jin.
- also known as 張俊
- born in (930 years ago)
- nationality: China
- profession: Military officer
- died in (862 years ago)
- Zhang Jun, courtesy name Yuchuan, was an official of the Chinese dynasty Tang Dynasty, serving as a chancellor during the reigns of Emperor Xizong and Emperor Xizong's brother Emperor Zhaozong. Early in Emperor Zhaozong's reign, Zhang was a major advocate for the imperial campaign to regain power from the regional warlords, but was removed after commanding a disastrous campaign against Li Keyong and forced into retirement. Late in Emperor Zhaozong's reign, with Emperor Zhaozong physically controlled by another warlord, Zhu Quanzhong, who had designs on taking over the throne as emperor, Zhu, while formerly an ally of Zhang's, was concerned that Zhang would encourage other warlords into a coordinated campaign against Zhu to stop his takeover, and so had his ally Zhang Quanyi slaughter Zhang Jun and his household.
- parent of Zhang Ge
- Zhang Jun is a Chinese economist and Cheung Kong Professor of Economics at Fudan University in Shanghai. He is the Director of China Center for Economics Studies at Fudan.
- born on (52 years ago)
- profession: Economist
- Zhang Jun is a film editor and cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer, film editor
- Zhang Jun is a 2009 BAFTA Ones To Watch Award nominated artist.
Zhang Jun a.k.a. Chang Jun is a fictional character from the 2000 film Platform.
- read more about Chang Jun
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zhang Jun
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Silk Road Encyclopedia (2016)
by Su-il Jeong
According to that text, an excavation of the tomb of former Yangzhou ruler King Zhang Jun (張駿, r. 324– 345) of the Former Liang (前凉) in 400 revealed such gemstonebedecked items such as pearled blinds, thin mica partitions, a glass box, ...
An Encyclopedia of Lobbying, Political Influence, and Corruption by Amy Handlin
Zhang Jun/ Xinhua Press/Corbis) husband—included reference to a “new, super- easy” way to donate online and the other—sent to the wife—included an anecdote about a 61-year-old grandmother. One e-mail asked for $20 and the other for ...
by K. Bradley Penuel, Matt Statler, Ryan Hagen
Paul Yung Independent Scholar Qiujie Zhang Jun Zhuang State University. Kadir Akyuz Independent Scholar Ryan Alaniz Cal Poly State University Bob Alexander Independent Scholar David Alexander Global Risk Forum, Davos David J.
Geographical and Administrative Designations by Hua Linfu, Paul D. Buell
Name of a commandery, also written as Lin zhangjun 臨瘴郡 and Lin zhang jun 臨障郡. Its seat of administration was at a location east of present-day Jiu zhou 舊州 village, in the south of Pubei 浦北 county ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zhang Jun
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Zhang Jun
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of ZHANG JUN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Zhang Jun!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Zhang Jun to see it in context!