On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wmd
What does wmd mean as a name of something?
- a weapon that kills or injures civilian as well as military personnel (nuclear and chemical and biological weapons)
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- alternative spelling: W.M.D.
- synonym of WMD: weapon of mass destruction
- more generic terms: arm / weapon / weapon system = any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
- more specific terms:
- biological weapon / bioweapon / bioarm = any weapon usable in biological warfare
- chemical weapon = chemical substances that can be delivered using munitions and dispersal devices to cause death or severe harm to people and animals and plants
- nuclear weapon / atomic weapon = a weapon of mass destruction whose explosive power derives from a nuclear reaction
- high explosive = a powerful chemical explosive that produces gas at a very high rate
Other definitions of wmd
What does wmd also mean?
- Weapon of Mass Destruction
WMD a.k.a. Watch My Dying is a musical group.
- read more about Watch My Dying
- "WMD" is a musical album of REV1.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "WMD" is a musical album of System of a Down.
- "WMD" is a musical single of Jel.
- released in (9 years ago)
Wmd a.k.a. WMD (World Music Distribution) is a record label.
- Wmd a.k.a. Mamaindê language: Mamaindê, also known as Northern Nambikwara, is a Nambikwaran language spoken in the Mato Grosso state of Brazil, in the very north of the indigenous reserve, Terra Indígena Vale do Guaporé, between the Pardo and Cabixi Rivers. In the southern part of the reserve, speakers of Sabanê and Southern Nambikwara are found.
- Wmd is a file format.
- Wmd a.k.a. Mamaindé Language is an human language.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wmd
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Norman R Saunders , Helen B Stolp, Shane A Liddelow
WMD is a healthcare priority, as it is the main cause of neurological handicap in preterm infants and the principal cause of cerebral palsy (Tahraoui et al., 2001). On a pathophysiological level, based on strong clinical evidence and a wealth of ...
by Thurston Ben McCutchen
com WMD from Iraq Matrix by Roy A. Reinhold, April 2004 WMD is the acronym for Weapons of Mass Destruction, and ...
by Peggy C. Leonard
WMD is an abbreviation for. of mass destruction. 2. CDC is an abbreviation for Centers for. Control and Prevention. 3. The use of pathogenic biological agents to ...
by American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Rhonda Beck
A WMD is any agent designed to bring about mass death, casualties, and/or massive damage to property and infrastructure (bridges, tunnels, airports, and seaports). WMDs may include biologic, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, and explosive ...
by David Seddon
(WMD,. Iraq). A term widely used during the 1990s, after the Gulf War (1991), as the United Nations and the international community became increasingly concerned with the possibility that Iraq had not only continued weapons programmes ...
by Margaret R. O'Leary
Due the extremely high number of casualties that NBC weapons produce, they are also referred to as weapons of mass destruction ( WMD).
by Martin Griffiths
(WMD). Weapons that kill and injure large numbers of people, destroy cities and critical infrastructure, and potentially render the natural environment uninhabitable. The term is generally used to refer collectively to nuclear, chemical, and ...
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
Bush is unimpressed by a presentation on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction (WMD) given by the CIA's John McLaughlin. The CIA waterboards Abu Zubayah in a “black site” covert interrogation facility. 2003 Colin Powell ...
by Us Department Of Defense
Also called WMD. See also special operations. (JP 3-40) weapons of mass destruction active defense —Active measures to defeat an attack with chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons by employing actions to divert, neutralize, ...
As Amended Through April 2010 by Barry Leonard
Also called WMD. See also special operations. (JP 3-40) weapons of mass destruction active defense — Active measures to defeat an attack with chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons by employing actions to divert, neutralize, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wmd
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wmd
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: eric samson
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Wmd
Scrabble value of W4M3D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WMD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Wmd!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Wmd to see it in context!