On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ursus
What does ursus mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- type genus of Ursidae: brown bears; in some classifications genus Ursus includes all bears
- "Ursus" is a 1961 Italian peplum film directed by Carlo Campogalliani. The film was later adapted for the American television film package, The Sons of Hercules, where it was retitled "Ursus, Son of Hercules". Filmed in Madrid in 1960 and released in several countries from 1961-1963, this movie stars bodybuilder Ed Fury as the legendary Ursus in a sword-and-sandal adventure.
- also known as Mighty Ursus
- countries: Italy, Spain
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Italo Zingarelli
- executive producer: Italo Zingarelli
- art direction by Piero Poletto & Antonio Simont
- written by Giuliano Carnimeo, Giuseppe Mangione, Sergio Sollima
- based on a story by Giuseppe Mangione
- Ed Fury as Ursus
- Cristina Gaioni as Magali
- Moira Orfei as Attea
- Mario Scaccia as Kymos
- María Luisa Merlo as Doreide
- Luis Prendes as Setas
- Rafael Luis Calvo as Mok
- Mariangela Giordano as Miriam
- Nino Fuscagni as Ospite di Kimos
- Soledad Miranda as Iside
- Eliana Grimaldi as Fillis
- Antonio Gil as Adelfo
- Ángela Pla
- Cris Huerta as Challenging Wrestler
- Roberto Camardiel as Cleonte
- cinematography by Eloy Mella
- edited by Franco Fraticelli & Julio Pena
- music by Roman Vlad
- costume design by Antonio Cortés & Piero Sadun
- set decoration by Julio Molina & Giulio Cabras
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Fantasy
- released on (54 years ago)
- "Ursus" is a 2011 animated short film written and directed by Reinis Petersons.
- Ursus is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Man Who Laughs.
- Ursus is a fictional character from Quo Vadis.
- Ursus is a fictional character from the 1961 film Ursus.
- Ursus is a fictional character from the 1962 film The Rebel Gladiators.
- Ursus is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Vengeance of Ursus.
Phrases with Ursus
Phrases starting with the word Ursus:
Phrases ending with the word Ursus:
- Belus Ursus
- genus ursus
- Lixus Ursus
- Meloe Ursus
- Tinus ursus
- Iselma Ursus
- Sitona Ursus
- Larinus Ursus
- Pagurus Ursus
- Adiamesa Ursus
- Aniculus Ursus
- Anisonyx Ursus
- Bombodes Ursus
- Curculio Ursus
- Ensayara Ursus
- Euscepes Ursus
- Pheidole Ursus
View more phrases with the word Ursus in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ursus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Biology, Science for Life (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Ursus is a genus in the family Ursidae that includes ...
Biology, Zoology by CTI Reviews
Ursus is a genus in the family Ursidae that includes the widely distributed brown bears, the polar bear, and black bears.
Science and Adventure in the Asian Tropics by Sy Montgomery
Ursus means bear; arctos means nortk; and you can guess wkat horrihilis means! Tke American grizzly kas tkree names, skowing it's a subspecies of wkat some scientists call tke brown bear Unlike separate species, members of different ...
by Halina Lerski
URSUS, large machinery plant near Warsaw* established in 1893 by E. Schonfeld, K. Matecki, and L. Rossman. Originally Ursus produced water and gas fixtures.
by Vin T. Sparano
(Ursus. americanus). RANGE: Every Canadian province and Alaska are populated with black bears, as are substantial portions of the United States from Montana south through Arizona and New Mexico. Sections of the northeastern, ...
The Encyclopedia of Animals (2004)
A Complete Visual Guide by Fred Cooke
Brown bear's coat can be brown, blonde, silver-tipped, or nearly black European brown bear Ursus araos araos Massive bulk helps polar bear withstand cold and store (at for times of scarcity Spectacled bear Tremarctos ornatus Distinctive ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
URSUs AM Erican us, the American Bear. The colour is black; the throat and cheeks a rusty brown. This species is spread through the whole of America, except Chili and Patagonia. They are also found in Kamtschatka. They reject animal food, ...
Comprising the Definitions and Derivations of the Scientific Terms in General Use, Together with the History and Descriptions of the Scientific Principles of Nearly Every Branch of Human Knowledge by William Thomas Brande, George William Cox
Ursus (Lat. a bear). A genus of plantigrade Carnivora in the system of Cuvier, restricted to those species which have three large tuberculate molars on each side of both jaws, the anterior lower and the posterior upper one being the largest .
In which the Words are Explained in the Order of Their Natural Affinity, Independent of Alphabetical Arrangement; and the Signification of Each is Traced from Its Etymology ... to which are Added, an Introduction, Containing a New Grammar of the Language, and an Alphabetical Index, for the Ease of Consultation by David Booth
These are sometimes quite black; but the fur of the BLAck-BEAR of America ( Ursus Americanus) is more silky and glossy than that of Europe. The old recommendation 'not to sell the Bearskins while they were in the wood,” meaning not to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ursus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ursus
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of U1R1S1U1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of URSUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ursus!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ursus to see it in context!