Ultra appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Rot" I deem a tart lucite tap I repair; I, a peripatetic ultra-tame editor.
- "Taboo zanier ultra-cool gin": a telegram, Marge, let an igloo cart lure in a zoo bat.
- Sue, robots nail a tired loser; ultra-smart rams’ art lures older Italians to bore us.
On this page:
- "Ultrà": Ultrá is a 1991 drama film written by Ricky Tognazzi, Graziano Diana, Simona Izzo and Giuseppe Manfridi and directed by Ricky Tognazzi.
- also known as Ultra, Ultrá
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Claudio Bonivento
- production design by Mariangela Capuano
- written by Graziano Diana, Simona Izzo, Giuseppe Manfridi
- based on a story by Graziano Diana, Simona Izzo, Ricky Tognazzi
- cinematography by Alessio Gelsini Torresi
- edited by Carla Simoncelli
- music by Antonello Venditti
- costume design by Katia Dottori
- genres: Sports, Drama
- released in (24 years ago)
- David di Donatello for Best Cinematography nomination for Alessio Gelsini Torresi
- David di Donatello for Best Director nomination for Ricky Tognazzi
- David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Ricky Memphis
- David di Donatello for Best Actor nomination for Claudio Amendola
- David di Donatello for Best Producer nomination for Claudio Bonivento
- David di Donatello for Best Sound nomination for Remo Ugolinelli
- David di Donatello for Best Music nomination for Antonello Venditti
- David di Donatello for Best Editing nomination for Carla Simoncelli
- European Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Claudio Amendola
- European Film Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Ricky Memphis
- European Film Discovery of the Year - Fassbinder Award nomination for Ricky Tognazzi & Claudio Bonivento
- European Film Award for Best Editor nomination for Carla Simoncelli
- David di Donatello for Best Director, received by Ricky Tognazzi
- David di Donatello for Best Sound, received by Remo Ugolinelli
- European Film Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Ricky Memphis
- European Film Award for Best Editor, received by Carla Simoncelli
- "Ultrà" a.k.a. "Ultra" is a 2006 adventure tv film directed by Helen Shaver.
Various documents about ultra
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language - in which the words are explained in their different senses, ... - The Original Classic Edition
Finally available, a high quality book of the original classic edition of An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language - in which the words are explained in their different senses, .... It was previously published by other bona fide publishers, and is now, after many years, back in print. This is a new and freshly published edition of this culturally important work by John Jamieson, which is now, at last, again available to you.Get the PDF and EPUB NOW as well. Included in your purchase you have An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language - in which the words are explained in their different senses, ... in EPUB AND PDF format to read on any tablet, eReader, desktop, laptop or smartphone simultaneous - Get it NOW.Enjoy this classic work today. These selected paragraphs distill the contents and give you a quick look inside An Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language - in which the words are explained in their different senses, ...:Look inside the book: This mode is undoubtedly the most simple; as a reader, when looking into a Dictionary for the origin of a word with which he is familiar, or for the signification of one with which he is unacquainted, must be supposed to turn his eye first to the definition, that he may know whether this is the word that he looks for, or whether, in the passage in which it has occurred, it can bear the sense there given, before he thinks of examining its origin, or can form any judgment as to the propriety of the etymon that may be offered.While this work contains a variety of words which are not to be found in the quarto edition, the Author flatters himself that he does not claim too much in supposing, that during ten years which have elapsed since it was published, he has had it in his power, from many sources formerly unexplored, to make considerable improvements both in the explanatory and in the etymological department. ...Y vowel, used by our ancient writers promiscuously with i, being in fact only double i, and printed ij in other northern languages, is to be sought for, not as it stands in the English alphabet, but in the same place with the letter i, throughout the work. - 1185 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ultra
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about ultra
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ultra to see it in context!