On this page:
Definition of the noun trillium sessile
What does trillium sessile mean as a name of something?
- trillium of northeastern United States with sessile leaves and red or purple flowers having a pungent odor
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Trillium sessile: red trillium / sessile trillium / toadshade
- more generic terms: trillium / wake-robin / wood lily = any liliaceous plant of the genus Trillium having a whorl of three leaves at the top of the stem with a single three-petaled flower
Phrases with Trillium sessile
Phrases starting with Trillium sessile:
- Trillium Sessile Wrayi
- Trillium Sessile Luteum
- Trillium Sessile Boreale
- Trillium Sessile Nuttallii
- Trillium Sessile Viridescens
- Trillium Sessile Viridiflorum
- Trillium Sessile Chloropetalum
- Trillium Sessile Angustipetalum
- Trillium sessile ssp. giganteum
- Trillium sessile var. giganteum
- Trillium sessile var. chloropetalum
- Trillium Sessile Var. Angustipetalum
Other phrases containing Trillium sessile:
- Form Trillium Sessile Luteum
- Variety Trillium Sessile Wrayi
- Variety Trillium Sessile Luteum
- Variety Trillium Sessile Boreale
- Form Trillium Sessile Viridiflorum
- Variety Trillium Sessile Nuttallii
- Variety Trillium Sessile Viridescens
- Variety Trillium Sessile Chloropetalum
View more phrases with Trillium sessile in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Trillium sessile
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Hanneke Van Dijk
Trillium sessile, only 25cm (10in) has beautifully marked leaves and ...
Comprehending a Concise View of the Latest Discoveries, Inventions, and Improvements, Chiefly Applicable to Rural and Domestic Enconomy; Together with Descriptions of the Most Interesting Objects of Nature and Art; the History of Men and Animals, in a State of Health Or Disease; and Practical Hints Respecting the Arts and Manufactures, Both Familiar and Commercial. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings and Cuts. In Four Volumes. Volume First[-fourth]. by Anthony Florian Madinger Willich
Trillium sessile; Sitting Trillium +. TrolliusAsiaticus ; Asiatic Globe- Flowert. Tussilago alpina ; Alpine Coltsfoot. Vcrlasrum Myconi; Mullein of Myconus. Villa pedata ; Bird's-foot Violet. 3. Annual 3.
A Complete Dictionary of Practical Gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art ... with correct engravings ... from original drawings by Sydenham Edwards (1807)
by Alexander MACDONALD (pseud. [i.e. R. W. Dickson.])
New Jersey / CANTHUS Mollis Actata Racemosa Agapanthus Umbellatus Agrostemma Coronaria Albuca Minor Alyssum Saratile Amaranthus Hypochondriacus Mimosa Sensora Trillium Sessile Bupleurum Fruticosum ( Enothera Fruticosa ...
Trillium sessile, or sessile-flowered trillium-Flower sessile, erect. Stalk purple. The three leaves grow at the top like the first; but they are much longer, and end in acute points. The leaves are mottled,—It grows in shady thickets in Carolina and ...
by Christopher Brickell
ii:- 0 24-7 H7—3 Trillium sessile ( Toadshade, Wake-robin) Clumpeforming perennial that in spring bears redebrown flowers, nestling in a collar of 3elobed leaves, marked white, pale green or bronze.
Encyclopaedia Londinensis (1829)
by John Wilkes
Trillium sessile, or sessile-flowered trillinm.--Flower sessile, erect. Stalk purple. The three leaves grow at the top like the first; but they are much longer, and end in acute points. The leaves' are mottled.--It grows in shady thickets in Carolina and ...
Trillium sessile has brownish- purple sessile flowers. Trillium nivale, a smaller plant, has white flowers that appear very early in spring. TRI'LOBITA (Neo -Lat.
The Century Dictionary (1890)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney
3, Trillium sessile. sedentary, with a single anterior flagellum. The family includes Reptomonas and Mastigamoeba. Rhizomonas (ri-zom''}-nas), n. [NL. (Kent, 1880-1), K. Gr. higa, root, + uovác, a unit: see ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trillium sessile
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Trillium sessile
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of TRILLIUM SESSILE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Trillium sessile!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Trillium sessile to find many related words and phrases!