On this page:
Definition of the adjective Triliteral
What does Triliteral mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters
Definition of the noun Triliteral
What does Triliteral mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: triliterals
- A word root in a Semitic languages which consist of three letters
- Triliteral a.k.a. Semitic root: The roots of verbs and most nouns in the Semitic languages are characterized as a sequence of consonants or "radicals". Such abstract consonantal roots are used in the formation of actual words by adding the vowels and non-root consonants which go with a particular morphological category around the root consonants, in an appropriate way, generally following specific patterns. It is a peculiarity of Semitic linguistics that a large majority of these consonantal roots are triliterals.
- read more about Semitic root
- TriLiteral is a publisher.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Triliteral
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sir William Smith
The first peculiarity is the triliteral root (as the language is at present known) — the second the expression of significations by consonants, and relations by vowels — both forming part of the flexions within words, so remarkable in the Shemitic ...
by James Orr
Practically, the triliteral root 6. Three- is universal. There are a few roots Letter with more than three letters, but Roots many of the quadriliteral roots are formed by reduplication, as kabkdb in Arabic. Many attempts have been made to reduce ...
Comprising Its Antiquities, Biography, Geography, and Natural History by William Smith
The first peculiarity is the triliteral root (as the language is at present known) — the second the expression of significations by consonants, and relntiotig by vowels — both forming part of the flexions within words, •o remarkable in the Semitic ...
by Jessie Payne Smith
'jl'éll' triliteral; triangular; up);ng trisyllabic; K56] xfisél. those who ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Triliteral
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Triliteral
Video shows what triliteral means. Used to describe word roots in Semitic languages which consist of three letters. triliteral pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
Scrabble value of T1R1I1L1I1T1E1R1A1L1
The value of this 10-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Triliteral to learn how to say it correctly!