On this page:
Definition of the noun tricholomataceae
What does tricholomataceae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Tricholomataceae: family Tricholomataceae
- more generic term: fungus family = includes lichen families
- member of: Agaricales / order Agaricales = typical gilled mushrooms belonging to the subdivision Basidiomycota
- genus Lentinus / Lentinus = a genus of fungus belonging to the family Tricholomataceae
- genus Omphalotus / Omphalotus = a genus of fungi with a depressed disc in the cap
- genus Tricholoma / Tricholoma = agarics with white spores and a fleshy stalk and notched gills
- genus Clitocybe / Clitocybe = a genus of agarics with white to pale yellow spore deposits and fleshy stalks centrally attached to the cap and closely attached gills
- genus Flammulina / Flammulina = a genus of agarics
- genus Armillaria / Armillaria = genus of edible mushrooms having white spores an annulus and blue juice; some are edible
- genus Armillariella / Armillariella = a honey-colored diminutive form of genus Armillaria; grows in clusters
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tricholomataceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Texas Mushrooms (2010)
A Field Guide by Susan Metzler, Van Metzler
The Smaller Tricholomas Among the species found in the large and diverse family called the Tricholomataceae is a group of mushrooms that are quite small in stature. Here, we have artificially grouped those species that are small in stature ...
by Vera Stucky Evenson
Family Tricbolomataceae Tricholomataceae is a huge "catchall" family with dozens.
by Michael Allaby
(family *Tricholomataceae) A genus of *fungi that form *mushroomshaped *fruit bodies; the *stipe is fleshy and central, and the *gills are only narrowly attached to the stipe. The *spore print is white or pale pink; the *spores are smooth and do ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
a mushroom (Family Tricholomataceae) that occurs under conifers, especially white pine, and sometimes under deciduous trees throughout much of North America. It is not toxic in the usual sense, but contains ...
by Carl A. Batt
Psathyrella Entolomataceae Rhodocybe Hygrophoraceae Camarophyllus, Hygrocybe, Hygrophorus Pluteaceae Pluteus, Volvariella Strophariaceae Kuehneromyces, Panaeolus, Pholiota, Psilocybe, Stropharia Tricholomataceae Armillaria, ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (2 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Agaricomycetes, Agari-comycetidae, Agaricales, Tricholomataceae) considered to be the cause of decline disease in the date ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
o Clitocybe odora, family Tricholomataceae, class Hymenomycetes. aniseed > noun [mass noun] the seed of the anise, used in cooking and herbal medicine.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tricholomataceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tricholomataceae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Tricholomataceae - Pseudoclitocybe cyathiformis
Tricholomataceae - Pseudoclytocybe cyanthiformis
Photo credit: Ettore Balocchi
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of T1R1I1C3H4O1L1O1M3A1T1A1C3E1A1E1
The value of this 16-letter word is 25 points. Since it has more than 15 letters, it can be played on Super Scrabble board only.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Tricholomataceae to find many related words and phrases!