On this page:
"The Beatniks" is a 1960 American film directed by Paul Frees. It was also featured on the movie-mocking program Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- also known as Beatniks
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Ron W. Miller & Edward Heite
- art direction by Robert J. Herts
- written by Arthur Julian & Paul Frees
- Tony Travis as Eddy
- Karen Kadler as Iris
- Peter Breck as Mooney
- Joyce Terry as Helen
- Bob "Hoolihan" Wells as Chuck
- Sam Edwards as Red
- Charles Delaney as Bayliss
- Stanley Farrar as Morrissey
- Claude Stroud as Hotel Manager
- Martha Wentworth as Nadine
- Bob Pacquin as Hotel Detective
- Frank Worth as Bartender
- Eddie Brandt as Pianist
- Paul Frees
- cinematography by Murray De Atley
- edited by Harold White
- set decoration by Erwin M. Brown
- genres: Crime Fiction, Indie film, Drama
- released in (55 years ago)
"The Beatniks" is a musical album of The Beatniks.
- released in (34 years ago)
- The Beatniks are an alternative rock duo formed by Yellow Magic Orchestra drummer/singer Yukihiro Takahashi and Keiichi Suzuki. The duo's debut album featured vocals mostly in English, with the rest in French.
- The Beatniks er et norsk rockeband, etablert i 1961. Bandet startet i shadowstradisjonen, og platedebuterte i 1962 som backingband for Rannie Rommen på singelen «Kili watch». Første single under eget navn var «Flickorna i Småland», som ble utgitt samme år på Kjell Karlsens platemerke Viking Music. The Beatniks oppnådde stor popularitet i Norge og Sverige, og vant i 1963 nordisk mesterskap for shadowsband.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Beatniks
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Kenneth Muir
The Beatniks ( 1 960) (fic band) Starring: Tonv Travis (Eddv Crane); Karen Kadler (Iris); Peter Breck (Moon); Bob Wells (Chuck); Sam Edwards (Red); Joyce Terry ( Helen Tracy); Charles Delanev (Harrv Bavliss); Martha Wentworth (Nadine).
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
The Beatniks got it from the jazzmen who got it from the American underworld who got it from the British underworld (pad, a bed) who got it from Standard English of the sixteenth¥eighteenth centuries (pad, a bundle of straw to lie on).5 The ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
The Beatniks got it from the jazzmen who got it from the American underworld who got it from the British underworld (pad, a bed) who got it from Standard English of the sixteenth-eighteenth centuries (pad,a bundle of straw to lie on).5 The ...
The Baby Boomer Encyclopedia (2011)
by Martin Gitlin
As did the Beatniks of the previous generation, hippies deemed themselves to be on a spiritual quest. They explored philosophical literature and Eastern religions and used marijuana and supposed mind-expanding drugs such as LSD in an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Beatniks
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about The Beatniks
The band was great!
Photo credit: JimsFlicker
Quotes about The Beatniks
Anagrams of THE BEATNIKS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- THE IN BASKET
See also the blanagrams of The Beatniks!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of The Beatniks for some fun with words!