On this page:
South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea, and commonly referred to as Korea, is a country in East Asia, constituting the southern part of the Korean Peninsula. The name Korea is derived from the Kingdom of Goryeo, also spelled as Koryŏ. It shares land borders with North Korea to the north, and oversea borders with Japan to the east and China to the west. Roughly half of the country's 50 million people reside in the metropolitan area surrounding its capital, the Seoul Capital Area, which is the second largest in the world with over 25 million residents.
- also known as Republic of Korea, ROK, Daehan Minguk, Korea
- part of East Asia, Asia, Korea, Dae-Han-Min-Gook, Han-Gook, Korean Peninsula
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- capital of South Korea / Seoul = the capital of South Korea and the largest city of Asia
- Chemulpo / Incheon / Inchon = a port city in western South Korea on the Yellow Sea
- Kwangju = city in southwestern South Korea
- Taegu / Tegu = a city in southeastern South Korea
- Pusan = a city in southeastern South Korea on the Korean Strait
- read more about South Korea (country)
- "South Korea" is a book by Patricia M. Bartz.
- "South Korea" is a book by Donna M. Heivilin.
- also known as "South Korea: black marketing of U.S. provided goods and efforts to prevent it: statement of Donna M. Heivilin, director, Logistics Issues, before the Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, Committee on Governmental Affairs, Senate"
- South Korea a.k.a. South Korea national football team: The Korea Republic national football team represents South Korea in international association football and is controlled by the Korea Football Association.
- also known as Korea Republic Men's National Football Team, Korea Republic National Football Team, Korea Republic Mens National Football Team, Korea Republic Men's Football Team, Korea Republic Mens Football Team, Korea Republic Football Team, Korea Republic National Soccer Team, Korea Republic Mens National Soccer Team, Korea Republic Soccer Team, Korea Republic Men's National Soccer Team, Korea Republic Mens Soccer Team, Korea Republic Men's Soccer Team, South Korea Men's National Football Team, South Korea Mens National Football Team, South Korea Football Team, South Korea Men's Football Team, South Korea Mens Football Team, South Korea Mens National Soccer Team, South Korea Men's National Soccer Team, South Korea National Soccer Team, South Korea Men's Soccer Team, South Korea Soccer Team, South Korea Mens Soccer Team, The Reds, Taegeuk Warriors, Diables rouges, Taeguk Warriors
- South Korea is a print ad.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for South Korea
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
From Home to School and Beyond by Trent Bax
South Korea is an unstable society, because everyone in this society always feels uncomfortable and has a worrying feeling...
The Plaid Avenger's World (2008)
by Plaid Avenger, Klaus Shmidheiser
South Korea is a capitalist democracy with the world's tenth largest economy while North Korea is still a communist dictatorship whose population is starving. However, there is a Korean reunification movement and the two Koreas are trying to ...
Korea South Company Laws and Regulations Handbook Volume 2 Practical Information, Regulations, Contacts (2016)
by IBP. Inc.
South Korea is a presidential republic consisting of 16 administrative divisions. South Korea is d developed country with high living standards ond is a full democracy. It is d Highincome OECD member, hoving the fourth largest economy in ...
We Visit South Korea (2014)
by Leavitt Amie
South Korea is a beautiful country with mountains, rolling hills, river basins, low- lying coastal areas, and forests. Mountains and hills make up...
A Search for Enemies (1992)
America's Alliances After the Cold War by Ted Galen Carpenter
security obligation in East Asia, the commitment to defend South Korea is a close second. The foundation for that obligation is a mutual defense treaty signed in October 1953 and ratified ...
Middle Powers in a Troubled Region by Jan Melissen, Yul Sohn
While embracing traditional Confucian ethics, modern South Korea is a vibrant democracy with dense horizontal social...
One benefit of middle power diplomacy to South Korea is that the country can broaden the diplomatic space between its ...
by Winky Adam
South Korea is a major producer of technological equipment and electronics. Pyongyang This is Changdeokgung Palace in Seoul, dating back six hundred years from the Every year in ancient Choson Dynasty. the fall, there is a farmers' / folk ...
The Geography of International Relations by Saul Bernard Cohen
Only South Korea is an important rim trading partner. The dream of a Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, which a resource-poor Japan pursued through its bloody occupation not only of the Asia-Pacific Rim but also elsewhere in ...
North Korea (2006)
by Charles Piddock
Capitalist South Korea is an economic dynamo, one of the world's most powerful economies. A functioning democracy with a relatively free press, South Korea is one of Asia's richest nations. Its living standards are much higher than those of ...
by James E. Hoare
Although cordial and amicable relations developed between South Korea and many countries, some incidents created friction. The military revolution of May 1961 and subsequent suppression of civil liberties by the South Korean government ...
by Thomas M. Leonard
By the 1990s Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan became prosperous nations. The inclusion of the latter three countries suggests that an economic definition of the "Developing World" remains too simplified. Beyond economic development ...
by Tom Lansford
The countries joined Japan, South Korea, and the United States in negotiations with North Korea in August 2003 that were dubbed the Six-Party Talks. Successive rounds of negotiations failed to create a new agreement. On 3 October 2006, ...
by Elizabeth Jewell
Korea, South (see South Korea) ( formerlyWestern Samoa) Western Samoa (see Samoa) Yugoslavia (see Serbia and. Country Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Country Capital Astana Nairobi Bairiki ( on Tarawa) ...
by Peter H. Rist
A couple of years later there was Iran, and then Argentina, South Korea” (Smith and Jones 2012, 64). J. Hoberman ...
by Stephen L. Vaughn
The dividingline between Northand South Korea, the thirtyeighth parallel became thepoint of reference for much of the coverage. The only significant naval action of the war was the Inchon landing. MacArthur was succeeded by General ...
by Gerald Rudolph Pitzl
Asian Tigers refers to South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore, each of which made dramatic advances in economic growth in the late twentieth century. The amazing success of Japan, rising from its defeat after World War II to its ...
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition by Eugenia L. Siegler, MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey, EdD, RN, FAAN
Heajong Shin, PhD, MSW Department of Social Welfare Soonchunhyang University Asan, Chungnam, South Korea Jonathan A. Ship, DMD Bluestone Center for Clinical Research College of Dentistry New York University New York, NY Hilary ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for South Korea
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about South Korea
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about South Korea
Click on an item to play that video:
- Interview: Bob Girls (South Korea) tells us about the meaning of Bob Girls
(TURN ON YOUR CAPTIONS FOR ENGLISH SUBTITLES)...
- South Korea meaning and pronunciation
South Korea has a long and complicated history that reaches very far back in time. Even though many non-Koreans, or non-Asians, confuse the Koreans for ...
- South Korea Meaning
Video shows what South Korea means. A country in East Asia, comprising the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. Official name: Republic of Korea.. South ...
- JSA - North and South Korea - Explanation of Border Facilities
Recorded on October 6, 2010 using a Flip Video camera.
- South Korea: Funny Explanation of Food
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = South Korea
- English language village opens in South Korea today
SHOTLIST Paju 1. Wide shot of "English Village." 2. General views of people relaxing. 3. Teacher and students walking into school. 4. Interiors of classroom 5: ...
- Intro Video: Teach ESL in South Korea
- ESL South Korea Video
- EFL University Students in South Korea
- Ucapan raya from language student of ewha womans university, south korea
- ESL Public After School Program South Korea
Teaching English in South Korea. Typical class is finishing at this Public After School Program.
- Aaron Stanley Self Introduction Video for South Korea ESL Teacher
Aaron Stanley Introduction Video for South Korea ESL Teacher Contact Information: [email protected]
- "Hot Seat" ESL Game (Gangwon-do, South Korea) English Camp
Public school 4th Graders at Summer English Camp in Gangwon-do, South Korea.
- Moves Like Jagger Music Video - Elementary ESL Students - South Korea
By: Attached Elementary School of Kyungpook National University in Daegu, Korea Song: Kidz Bop: Moves Like Jagger.
- ESL SCAM SOUTH KOREA CHUNG DAHM LEARNING
This video reveals the recruiting scam orchestrated by Chung Dahm Learning and Aclipse recruiting.
- ESL TEACHING ACTIVITIES - TEACHING ENGLISH IN SOUTH KOREA
- ESL Self introduction video Hugo Ingram for South Korea
ESL Self introduction video Hugo Ingram for South Korea.
- South Korea ESL Introduction Video
- South Korea ESL Self-Introduction Video: Adrienne McCarty
- South Korea and North Korea to share a dictionary
South Korea and North Korea to share a dictionary.
- Party Rock Music Video - Elementary ESL Students - South Korea!
By: Attached Elementary School of Kyungpook National University in Daegu, Korea Song: Kidz Bop: Party Rock.
- ESL Students in South Korea
This is Lion and Mike from CDI in Busan reading the dialogue that they prepared during morning classes. From...
- Barun Sarkar ESL Teacher- South Korea
eslpassport.com/teachers Meet Barun Sarkar from Canada! He has been teaching in South Korea and is sharing his teaching/ living in South Korea experiences ...
- The difference between the language of South Korea
The difference between the language of South Korea with North Korea.
- Teach ESL in South Korea Introduction Video
Teach ESL in South Korea Introduction Video.
See also the pronunciation examples of South Korea!
Sign Language for Cities of South Korea
Sign Language for Cities of South Korea.