Soda appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- A dose I, beer-fat egotist, inure now, as I saw one run "It’s I!" to get a freebie soda.
- Nurse lame free broad, O smurf I tire: pan a gong geek as I label a regal night I won… no, with gin, lager, ale, Bali sake, eggnog, an aperitif, rum, soda or beer females run!
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun soda:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun soda
- Phrases with Soda
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soda
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soda
- Photos about Soda
- Video language resources about Soda
- Quotes about Soda
- Scrabble value of S1O1D2A1
- Anagrams of SODA
- Share this page
The word soda is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun soda
What does soda mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sodas
- a sodium salt of carbonic acid; used in making soap powders and glass and paper
- a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
- example: in New England they call sodas tonics
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- synonyms of soda: pop / soda pop / soda water / tonic
- more generic term: soft drink = nonalcoholic beverage
- substance: carbonated water / sparkling water / soda water / club soda / seltzer = effervescent beverage artificially charged with carbon dioxide
Alternative definition of the noun soda
- [uncountable] Sodium carbonate.
- [uncountable] Sodium in chemical combination.
- [uncountable] Carbonated water (originally made with sodium bicarbonate).
- [US, uncountable] Any carbonated (usually sweet) soft drink.
- [US, countable] A glass, bottle or can of this drink.
soda a.k.a. Soft drink: A soft drink is a beverage that typically contains carbonated water, a sweetener and a flavoring. The sweetener may be sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, fruit juice, sugar substitutes or some combination of these. Soft drinks may also contain caffeine, colorings, preservatives and other ingredients.
- read more about Soft drink
"Soda" is a painting (oil paint) by Georges Braque.
- media: oil paint
- "Soda" is a musical single of Mi.amargo, Clio, Zemo.
- released in
- "Soda" is a musical EP of Michael Fakesch.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Soda" is a musical album of Soda.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Soda" is a musical album of Brainpool.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Soda" is a 2006 album by So Cool.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Soda" is a composition.
- "Soda" is a musical album of Craig Cardiff.
Who is Soda?
Soda a.k.a. Jason Murphy is a film director and a film producer .
- read more about Jason Murphy
- Soda is a musical group.
- albums: "Concrete", "Popaholic", "Popcorn", "Soda"
- Soda a.k.a. soda. is a musical group.
- albums: "Escaping the Transience", "Road to Eternity", "Can"
- official website: www.sodamusic.ch
There are other groups with in their name, like Red Soda, Soda Inc, Soda Club, Soda Inc., Creme Soda, Soda Stereo, Caustic soda, Molotow Soda, Soda Pop Kids, Huxley Met Soda, Sexy Death Soda and Soda Pop Fuck You.
- Soda is a fictional character from the 2010 film Tees Maar Khan.
- Soda is a fictional film character.
- Soda a.k.a. Sodapop Patrick Curtis is a character in S.E. Hinton's book ''The Outsiders''. He is played by Rob Lowe in the 1983 movie "The Outsiders". He was born November 8, 1950. He is the most attractive and understanding member of his gang and is said to resemble a Greek God. He is often caught between his older brother, Darrel "Darry" Shaynne Curtis, Jr. and their youngest brother, Ponyboy Michael Curtis when they argue, as he is the most emotional of the brothers. He has a lot of energy and blows it off in drag races or fist-fights. He is said to a finely drawn face that can be both sensitive and reckless at the same time. He is also said to be built smaller than Darry but bigger than Ponyboy, with a slim figure. His hair is light brown but turns wheat blonde in the summer. He keeps it long and uses plenty of hair grease, as is common of most greasers. He has dark brown eyes that seem to dance and that can be "gentle and sympathetic at one moment, and then blazing with anger the next." Soda has his dad's eyes, but Soda is one of a kind. Sodapop can understand everyone and almost everything. He drops everything to listen to others problems, no matter what.
- read more about Sodapop Patrick Curtis
- Soda is a fictional character from the 2004 drama short film Binta and the Great Idea.
- Soda is a fictional character from the 2014 film Geronimo.
There are other characters with in their name, like Soda jerk.
Soda is a dog appeared in the 2009 film American Pie Presents: The Book of Love.
- read more about Soda (film actor)
- Soda is a Franco-Belgian comics series by Tome and Bruno Gazzotti. The first two albums and the first eleven pages of the third were drawn by Luc Warnant. It first appeared in the Franco-Belgian comics magazine Spirou on 29 April 1986.
- Soda is a French television series produced by CALT, it is based on Adam, an 18 year old high school student, and his everyday struggles to become an adult. Luckily he has his group of friends that are always with him. This teenager’s life is filmed in a funny but realistic way; that is what made this show such a success.
- sodA is a gene.
- sodA is a genomic locus.
- Soda is a powdery white chemical substance.
- SODA a.k.a. The Short-course Off-road Drivers Association was an off-road racing sanctioning body in the United States.
- read more about Short-course Off-road Drivers Association
Phrases with Soda
Phrases starting with the word Soda:
- soda ash
- soda can
- soda lye
- soda pop
- soda jerk
- Soda lake
- soda lime
- soda pulp
- Soda bread
- Soda Glass
- soda niter
- Soda Nitre
- Soda Paper
- soda waste
Phrases ending with the word Soda:
View more phrases with the word Soda in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by B.K. Gowel & Sangeeta
baking soda is a base, and water is a neutral substance. Note: You...
Baking soda is the most common base used in our kitchen and baking industry. Salts Salts ...
Delicious Baked Treats for Every Occasion by Sarah Levy Imberman
Baking soda. Baking soda is a dry leavening agent, which means it makes baked goods rise.
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
The well known substance called soda is a protoxide of sodium. It may be...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
The well known substance called soda is a protoxide of sodium. It may be...
Kidney Support in 30 Days, Rehabilitation Plan For Overall Health by Robert Redfern
Baking soda is a productyou're likely to find around the house. It can be used for baking and cleaning, as well as a home remedy for acid indigestion. Seriously ill patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) may have to spend hours a day ...
The Edible Flower Garden (2012)
by Rosalind Creasy
Spraying with refined horticultural oil, liquid sulfur, or baking soda is an effective control. Spray as directed in "Powdery Mildew," above, and repeat every seven to fourteen days while the problems persist. resources Sources for Seeds and ...
You Can Build Yourself by Cynthia Light Brown
The baking soda solution is virtually invisible by itself, but when it comes into contact with the grape juice, it reacts and turns color. Baking soda is a base, and grape juice is an acid, so this ...
Tricks of the eBay Masters (2006)
by Michael Miller
(A soda is a pop is a “ coke,” ...
by William Nicholson
Snlplniri Potash Soda The earths Metallic •' ides Chti»sAis Fixed alblr Oxide oflet! per (The DUY WAY on nextpagt.) > r £ >
Barytes Strontian Potash Soda Lime Magnesia Ammonia Glucine Yttria Alumine Zircon Metallic oxides Water Alcohol ...
In which the Principles of the Science are Investigated Anew, and Its Applications to the Phenomena of Nature, Medicine, Mineralogy, Agriculture, and Manufactures, Detailed by Andrew Ure
Acetate of ammonia - barytes lime magnesia potash soda strontites Carbonate of ammonia barytes lime magnesia potash - soda strontites Camphorate of ammonia barytes lime . potash Citrate of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soda
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: midgley.derek
Photo credit: Pirate Alice
Photo credit: WoogyChuck
- Soda Italiana!
Photo credit: Faby Secomandi
- Icecream on melon soda
Photo credit: jetalone
- Soda Hall
Photo credit: rodarmor
- Soda Bubbles
Photo credit: BurningQuestion
- Man drinking soda
Photo credit: PLR_Photos
- Calpis Soda
Photo credit: matsuyuki
- Cassis Soda
Photo credit: yoppy
- Soda Dispenser
Photo credit: Blue MauMau
- Soda maker!
Photo credit: jessicafm
- Plum Soda KitKat
Photo credit: TenSafeFrogs
- Three Soda Ladies
This was at an Italian market.
Photo credit: preston.rhea
- Polish Lemonade Ass Soda
Photo credit: jm3
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Soda
Click on an item to play that video:
- Hydrosulphite of soda Meaning
Video shows what hydrosulphite of soda means. Sodium dithionite.. Hydrosulphite of soda Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Soda water Meaning
Video shows what soda water means. carbonated water, water that has carbon dioxide dissolved in it and has been stored under pressure in a bottle. Usually ...
- Soda Meaning
Video shows what soda means. Sodium bicarbonate.. Sodium in chemical combination.. Carbonated water (originally made with sodium bicarbonate).. soda ...
- Hydrosulfite of soda Meaning
Video shows what hydrosulfite of soda means. Sodium dithionite.. Hydrosulfite of soda Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Thirsty Dudes: Beach Slang guest review Rocket Fizz's Peanut Butter Soda
Beach Slang are a band from Philadelphia, PA. Jason recently went on tour with them and they reviewed Rocker Fizz's Peanut Butter Soda. Their first full length ...
- Candy Crush Soda Level 3 -Tutorial-Tips & -Live Explanation
- Sulfite of soda Meaning
Video shows what sulfite of soda means. sodium sulfite. Sulfite of soda Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say sulfite of soda.
- Cream soda Meaning
Video shows what cream soda means. Soda water flavoured with vanilla etc.. Cream soda Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- 8 Soda Shop with song explanation - Jay Brannan The Crocodile Seattle 7/26/09
- Sal soda Meaning
Video shows what sal soda means. sodium carbonate. Sal soda Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say sal soda. Powered by ...
- Candy Crush Soda Level 9 -Tutorial-Tips & -Live Explanation
- Candy Crush Soda Level 10 -Tutorial-Tips & Tricks-Live Explanation
- Explanation for invisible soda
- Candy Crush Soda Level 5 -Tutorial-Tips & -Live Explanation
- Candy Crush Soda Level 4 -Tutorial-Tips & -Live Explanation
- Candy Crush Soda Level 11 -Tutorial-Tips & Tricks-Live Explanation
- Candy Crush Soda Level 6 -Tutorial-Tips & -Live Explanation
- Learn English Language - Beer Bear Drink Pop Soda
- Love Language Soda Bar San Diego 09-1213
View more videos about Soda Can, Soda Pop, Club Soda, Soda jerk, Bread Soda, Lemon Soda, Baking Soda, Bicarb Soda, Soda Bottle, Soda Siphon, Caustic soda, soda biscuit, Soda Machine, washing soda, Ice cream soda, Ice-Cream Soda, Muriate of Soda, Nitrate of Soda, Scotch and Soda, Sulfate of Soda, and bicarbonate of soda.
See also the pronunciation examples of Soda!
Quotes about Soda
The technology is just so far gone. It's just like back in the day you needed a suitcase just to have a cell phone. The battery was so heavy, it was like carrying a gallon of soda around with you all day. (Jam Master Jay)
more quotes about soda...
Scrabble value of S1O1D2A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SODA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Soda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Soda to see it in context!