On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun shopaholic
What does shopaholic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: shopaholics
- a compulsive shopper
Alternative definition of the noun shopaholic
- One who shops very frequently.
- Common term applied to someone suffering from oniomania.
"Shopaholic" a.k.a. "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is a 2009 American romantic comedy film based on the Shopaholic series of novels by Sophie Kinsella. Directed by P. J. Hogan, the film stars Isla Fisher as the shopaholic journalist and Hugh Dancy as her boss.
- also known as En shopoholikers bekjennelser, Os Delírios de Consumo de Becky Bloom, Bájecný svet shopaholiku, Ostuhullu pihtimused, Tajni snovi jedne sopingholicarke, I Love Shopping, Louca por Compras, En shopaholics bekännelser, Spoved' nákupnej maniacky, Himoshoppaajan salaiset unelmat, Wyznania zakupoholiczki, Egy boltkóros naplója, Shopaholic - Die Schnäppchenjägerin, Confesiones de una compradora compulsiva, Confessions d'une accro au shopping, Bir alisveriskoligin itiraflari, Ma dau in vant dupa cumparaturi, Confessions d'une accro du shopping, Loca por las compras, Шопоголик
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Finnish Language
- producer: Jerry Bruckheimer
- executive producers: Ron Bozman, Chad Oman, Mike Stenson
- production design by Kristi Zea
- art direction by Paul D. Kelly
- written by Tracey Jackson, Tim Firth, Kayla Alpert
- based on "The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic", "Shopaholic Abroad" by Sophie Kinsella
- Isla Fisher as Rebecca Bloomwood
- Hugh Dancy as Luke Brandon
- Krysten Ritter as Suze
- Joan Cusack as Jane Bloomwood
- John Goodman as Graham Bloomwood
- John Lithgow as Edgar West
- Kristin Scott Thomas as Alette Naylor
- Fred Armisen as Ryan Koenig
- Leslie Bibb as Alicia Billington
- Robert Stanton as Derek Smeath
- Julie Hagerty as Hayley
- Wendie Malick as Miss Korch
- Lynn Redgrave as Drunken Lady at Ball
- Christine Ebersole as TV Show Host
- Chase Wilmot as Rebecca Bloomwood
- Ed Helms as Garret E. Barton
- Nick Cornish as Tarquin
- Clea Lewis as Miss Ptaszinski
- Stephen Guarino as Allon
- Tuomas Hiltunen as Jani Virtanen
- Yoshiro Kono as Ryuichi
- John Salley as D. Freak
- Lennon Parham as Joyce
- Michael Panes as Russell
- Kaitlin Hopkins as Event Planner
- Katherine Sigismund as Clare
- Alexandra Balahoutis as Prada Manager
- Elisabeth Riley as Prada Store Shopper #1
- Madeleine Rockwitz as Rebecca Bloomwood
- Tommy Davis as Jani's Colleague
- Andrew Serwer as Mr. Lewis
- Kelli Barrett as Girl in Black
- Kelli Barrett as Talking Mannequin
- Kristen Connolly as Girl in Pink
- Paloma Guzmán as Svelte Manhattanite #1
- Ilana Levine as Svelte Manhattanite #2
- Lenora May as Suze's Mom
- Ed Crescimanni as Suze's Dad
- Susan Blommaert as Charity Store Orla
- Jenn Harris as Christy
- Matt Servitto as Head Waiter
- Jennifer Kim as Denny & George Clerk
- Ginifer King as Woman Candidate
- Steve Greenstein as Hot Dog Vendor
- Bill Corsair as Hot Dog Stand Patron
- Heidi Kristoffer as Alette Girl #1
- Kate Simses as Alette Girl #2
- Claire Lautier as Sample Sale Competitor
- Brandi Burkhardt as Sample Sale Worker
- Denicia Marie Jefferson as Sample Sale Security #1
- casting by Denise Chamian & Julie Schubert
- cinematography by Jo Willems
- edited by William Goldenberg
- music by James Newton Howard
- costume design by Patricia Field
- set decoration by Alyssa Winter
- location: New York City
- genres: Romance Film, Film adaptation, Workplace Comedy, Romantic comedy, Comedy
- tagline: All she ever wanted was a little credit...
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (6 years ago)
"Shopaholic" is a book by Judy Waite.
- subjects: Friendship, Shopping
- "Shopaholic" is a composition.
- "Shopaholic" is a musical single of Sway, The Wideboys, McLean.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Shopaholic" is a musical single of GO9.
- released on
- "Shopaholic" is a composition.
Shopaholic is a Norwegian television series first broadcast on TV3 in 2004. Pia Haraldsen and Hilde Marstrander judged consumer products on this shopping program.
- country: Norway
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shopaholic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Making the Most of Your Money by Samuel K. Freshman, Heidi Clingen
Shopaholic is a cute term. However, real shopaholics have real problems. Do you go on shopping binges, chronically and ...
by Sarah Fisher, Susan Shelly
Shopaholic is a word many people use jokingly, but an addiction to spending ...
Fashion For Dummies (2009)
by Jill Martin, Pierre A. Lehu
A shopaholic is a person who needs to shop and does it excessively. If you've got the time and the bank account to afford to use shopping as a form of entertainment or therapy, then more power to you. But most of us don't, and so allocating ...
Lead Us Into Temptation (1999)
The Triumph of American Materialism by James B. Twitchell
the shopaholic is a substance abuser and the substance is money in the form of credit. The compulsive shopper has one disadvantage over other substance abusers, especially the alcoholic ...
by Dueep Jyot Singh, John Davidson
A shopaholic is a psychologically disturbed person who is using shopping and the gathering of material goods to fill in some emotional emptiness. Once upon a time when funds were limited all over the world, people went on shopping sprees ...
by Karen O'Connor
Even the term shopaholic is a cutesy take-off on the word alcoholic.But there is nothing cute about compulsive shopping.It is a serious addiction for millions of women,every bit as serious as drug, alcohol, or food abuse. According to author ...
by Julia Cresswell
shopaholic see WORK short see sHIRT shrapnel [E19th] During the Peninsular War in Spain and Portugal (1808-14), General Henry Shrapnel invented a shell that ...
by Random House
-olic, colic, frolic, rollick; bucolic, carbolic, embolic, Mongolie, symbolic, systolic; alcoholic, anabolic, apostolic, catabolic, chocoholic, diabolic, diastolic, diabolic, epistolic, hyperbolic, melancholic, metabolic, parabolic, shopaholic, vitriolic, ...
by Daniel Thomas Cook, J. Michael Ryan
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word “ shopaholic” first appeared in print in 1984, in a journalist's denial that the celebrity ...
by Craig Conley
—Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan.> 2. interj. a shout for help, so as to establish one's location. <“ Help! Oy!
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors by Joseph C Segen
Baseballaholic, Golfaholic, Footballaholic, Tennisaholic, etc SHOPPING Shopaholic OBJECTS Books–Bookaholic, cats–Cataholic, chocolate– Chocoloholic,
Useful English Affixes by Manik Joshi
of Examples: anchorage / bondage / breakage / courage / mileage / postage / shrinkage / suffrage ****** -aholic Used to form: nouns General meaning: liking something too much Examples: chocaholic / shopaholic ****** -al Used to form: ...
by Dale Southerton
in which the consumer, like the shopaholic referred to earlier, feels compelled both to binge and then to ...
Dictionary of Informal Words (2014)
Vocabulary Building by Manik Joshi
-- noisy argument shopaholic [ noun] ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shopaholic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Shopaholic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Islandgirlphotography
- A day in the life of a shopaholic
Photo credit: verleene.amelie
Photo credit: syed_ikhwan
- Miss Shopaholic :P
Photo credit: Zigg-E
- Shopaholic at the fair
The Martinborough fair has lots of bargains
Photo credit: tony_the_bald_eagle
- Trainee Shopaholic at lunch
Photo credit: Natman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of S1H4O1P3A1H4O1L1I1C3
The value of this 10-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Shopaholic to see it in context!