On this page:
- Definition of the noun saskatchewan
- Phrases with Saskatchewan
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Saskatchewan
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Saskatchewan
- Photos about Saskatchewan
- Videos about Saskatchewan
- Quotes about Saskatchewan
- Scrabble value of S1A1S1K5A1T1C3H4E1W4A1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun saskatchewan
What does saskatchewan mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- one of the three prairie provinces in west central Canada
- example: vast fields of wheat grow on Saskatchewan's prairies
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: Canadian province = Canada is divided into 12 provinces for administrative purposes
- part of: Canada = a nation in northern North America
Saskatchewan is a prairie province in Canada, which has a total area of 651,900 square kilometres and a land area of 592,534 square kilometres, the remainder being water area. Saskatchewan is bordered on the west by the Province of Alberta, on the north by the Northwest Territories, on the east by Manitoba, and on the south by the U.S. states of Montana and North Dakota. As of December 2013, the population of Saskatchewan was estimated at 1,114,170. Residents primarily live in the southern half of the province. Of the total population, 257,300 live in the province's largest city, Saskatoon, while 210,000 live in the provincial capital, Regina. Other major cities include Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, Yorkton, Swift Current, and North Battleford.
- also known as Province Of Saskatchewan, Province De Saskatchewan
- country: Canada
- capital: Regina
- official website: www.gov.sk.ca
Saskatchewan is a musical group.
- album: "Skinny Dipping"
- "Saskatchewan" is a composition.
- "Saskatchewan" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Buffy Sainte-Marie
- "Saskatchewan" is a 1954 fictional American Northern/ western Technicolor film directed by Raoul Walsh and starring Alan Ladd and Shelley Winters. The film was shot in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada, not far from the headwaters of the Saskatchewan River. The film was titled O'Rourke of the Canadian Mounted in the UK.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Aaron Rosenberg
- art direction by Bernard Herzbrun & Richard H. Riedel
- cinematography by John F. Seitz
- set decoration by John P. Austin & Russell A. Gausman
- location: Canada
- genres: Western, Northern, Action Film
- released on (61 years ago)
- "Saskatchewan" is a 2011 short experimental documentary film directed by Richard Wiebe.
Phrases with Saskatchewan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Saskatchewan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Heavy Hand of History (2005)
Interpreting Saskatchewan's Past by Gregory P. Marchildon, University of Regina. Canadian Plains Research Center
As a result, Saskatchewan is a place with a distinct political culture strongly grounded in individual initiative, a belief in the importance of private property and an instinct for social democracy. These individual and collective traits mean the ...
Saskatchewan is a prairie province in Canada. Agriculture is an important part of the economy and farmers produce various crops and livestock. Through Growing Forward, Saskatchewan producers have access to agri-environmental risk ...
False Expectations (2006)
Politics and the Pursuit of the Saskatchewan Myth by Dale Eisler, University of Regina. Canadian Plains Research Center
Saskatchewan is a province that is never deterred by its experience, or the odds it faces. Overcoming adversity has been a continuing current running through the province's history and, as a result, is deeply embedded in its psychology.
This type of industry is relatively even though a large part of Northern Saskatchewan is , Although Saskatchewan is a land-locked area does play an ...
Saskatchewan as a hinterland province Saskatchewan is a hinterland area within North America. In Canada, it is an economy that has been based on the export of primary products. From a political economy perspective, and one of economic ...
by Barry M. Gough
SASKATCHEWAN. This province is the only one in Canada to have no natural boundaries. The boundaries are lines of latitude and longitude. The name Saskatchewan stems from a Cree (q.v.) word Kisiskatchawan, meaning "swiftly flowing ...
by Amy H. Wilson
Saskatchewan Museum), and a new provincial history book, Jim Wright's Saskatchewan: The History of a Province. Its idealized pioneer settlement mythology marginalized indigenous and ethnic history but it was enthusiastically embraced by ...
by Project Gutenberg
many small streams unite to form the Red Deer river, which flowing southeastward joins the South Saskatchewan near 110 deg. W. Between 52 deg. and 53 deg. N. rises the great river, the North Saskatchewan. It receives a southern ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Saskatchewan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Saskatchewan
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Saskatchewan
Click on an item to play that video:
- Regional Dialect Meme: Saskatchewan, Canada
- Saskatchewan Meaning
Video shows what Saskatchewan means. A river in Canada.. Prairie province in western Canada (named after the river, which flows through it) which has ...
- Saskatchewan Camping Fees: Weak explanation
Minister of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport Christine Tell says if you don't charge a lot for something, people won't come. The policy of higher user fees made ...
- Influx Of Immigrants Reflected in Saskatchewan Language Programs
Language programs across Saskatchewan are expanding to meet increased demand after recent influxes of immigrants to the region. Programs such as the ...
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Language Centre
Information on Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Language Centre.
- 23 dictionary 2015 Regina saskatchewan
See also the pronunciation examples of Saskatchewan!
Quotes about Saskatchewan
Provincial governments in Canada have terminated the positions of marriage commissioners who have, for personal religious convictions, not performed same sex marriages. It has happened in Saskatchewan. (Stockwell Day)
more quotes about saskatchewan...
Scrabble value of S1A1S1K5A1T1C3H4E1W4A1N1
The value of this 12-letter word is 24 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Saskatchewan to see it in context!