On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun roumania
What does roumania mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a republic in southeastern Europe with a short coastline on the Black Sea
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- scientific name: Romania
- synonym of Roumania: Rumania
- instance of: European country / European nation = any one of the countries occupying the European continent
- part of: Europe = the 2nd smallest continent
- Brasov = a city in central Romania in the foothills of the Transylvanian Alps
- capital of Romania / Bucharesti / Bucharest / Bucuresti = national capital and largest city of Romania in southeastern Romania
- Constantina = a Romanian resort city on the Black Sea
- Carpathian Mountains / Carpathians = a mountain range in central Europe that extends from Slovakia and southern Poland southeastward through western Ukraine to northeastern Romania
- Danube River / Danube / Danau = the 2nd longest European river
- Transylvanian Alps = a range of the southern Carpathian Mountains extending across central Romania
- member: Romanian / Rumanian = a native or inhabitant of Romania
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roumania
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Roumania is a land situated in the southeast of Europe at the mouth of the Danube and between Bulgaria, Hungary,
Roumania Past and Present (2012)
by James Samuelson
One of the most remarkable phenomena in the eyes of a stranger visiting Roumania is the application of monastic edifices to lay uses. The monastery of Sinaïa is, for the present at least, a royal palace; the Coltza Hospital at Bucarest is an old ...
A Grammar School Geography (1899)
Descriptive, Industrial, and Commercial by John Newell Tilden
Roumania is a country of small farms and great forests. Wheat and Indian corn are the staple crops. Vineyards and sheep-ranges cover great areas of the country. Foreign trade is mainly with Great Britain, Austria, and France. Bucharest , the ...
The Standard (1902)
Secretary Hay's note to the powers of Europe against persecution of the Jews in Roumania is a statesmanlike and dignified...
The established church of Roumania is the Greek Church, and it is the Greek Church that is responsible for the ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1920)
ROUMANIA, &c. 1217 agodina, Serbia (via Gal., Tri., or Fiu. Rimnik, Roumania . . . . . . . . . (via § aitza, Bosnia . . . . . . (via Tri. or Fiu. Roman, Roumania .
by Ward W. Briggs, American Philological Association
Greater Roumania (New York, 1922); Second Latin ( Chicago, 1924); Medieval and Late Latin Selections for the Use of College Students ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1907)
Everybody's Book of Reference ...
Roumania Among other minerals are rock-salt, copper, , marble, sulhur, , lignite, and anthracite. anufacturing industry is chiefly confined to flour mills, petroleum refineries, distilleries, potteries, tanneries, sugar, and other articles for home ...
Encyclopedia of Jewish Food (2010)
by Gil Marks
It is memorialized inoneof the most famous songs of the Yiddish theater, " Roumania, Roumania."—"A Mamaliga, a pastrami, a Karnatzele, and a glass of wine!" Fromthe timeofthe Etruscansuntil themiddleof theseventeenth century, ...
by F. J. Monkhouse
into the Ukraine, and into Roumania and Hungary. Similar soils are found in central Canada, and in U.S.A. from N. Dakota to Texas. Parts of the Argentine Pampas and the SE. Australian ' downs' ...
by Barkham Burroughs
The currency of Denmark is also in use in Norway and Sweden, these three countries forming the Scandinavian Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Roumania, Servia, Spain and Switzerland are united in the Latin Union, and use the French ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roumania
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roumania
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Roumania
Scrabble value of R1O1U1M3A1N1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROUMANIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Roumania!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Roumania to find many related words and phrases!