Rood appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun rood:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun rood
- Phrases with Rood
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rood
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rood
- Photos about Rood
- Video about Rood
- Quotes about Rood
- Scrabble value of R1O1O1D2
- Anagrams of ROOD
- Share this page
Rood is sometimes a misspelling of rude.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rood
What does rood mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: roods
- representation of the cross on which Jesus died
Alternative definition of the noun rood
- [archaic] A crucifix.
- synonym: farthingdale
- A measure of land area, equal to a quarter of an acre.
"Rood": A rood or rood cross, sometimes known as a triumphal cross, is a cross or crucifix, especially the large Crucifixion set above the entrance to the chancel of a medieval church. Alternatively, it is a large sculpture or painting of the crucifixion of Jesus.
"Rood" is a musical single of Marco Borsato.
- released in (10 years ago)
Rood is a fictional character from Shiver.
- Rood has several distinct meanings, all derived from the same basic etymology.
- ROOD: ROOD: jong in de SP is a Dutch youth wing linked to the Socialist Party.
- official website: rood.sp.nl
- Rood is a single by Dutch artist Marco Borsato from his album Symphonica in Rosso. The song was written and produced by John Ewbank. It reached the number-one position in both the Dutch charts and the Flemish Ultratop 50.
- Rood a.k.a. Red! is a Flemish socialist political party in Belgium. It was founded in 2011 after some members of SP.A, led by Erik De Bruyn, left the Flemish social-democratic party.
- also known as Rood!
- official website: www.roodlinks.be
- Rood: A Scottish rood was a land measurement of Anglo-Saxon origin. It was in greatest use in the South East of Scotland, and along the border, whereas in the north various other systems were used, based on the land's productivity, rather than actual area. Four Scottish roods made up a Scottish acre.
Phrases with Rood
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lois Bragg
The rood is a very traditional sort of speaker, as 121 7 ...
Stolen Crown (2014)
A Novel of Mithgar by Dennis L. McKiernan
Perhaps the town got its name because a rood is a cross and this is where roads cross. A cross is also an instrument of death, and some say that when the Warrows came, a gallows stood at this place, specifically where two paths crossed, and ...
Together with Biographies of Many Prominent Men of Northern Indiana and of the Whole State, Both Living and Dead
Rood is a young manof superior business qualifications and is highly regarded in business circles. W. R. Hoaas, furniture dealer of South Bend, Ind. Of the marked improve' ment on the culture and general good taste of the public no more ...
by Robert Eden
ROOD— ROSICRUCIANS. 315 Romanism may be regarded as so many branches of superstition, or at least inseparably connected with it; but there are besides many superstitions more strictly so called, with which this system is ...
by John Britton
Rood, Rood E, nobe, nob, Sax., a cross; a crucifix, or image of Christ on the cross, placed in a church. The holy rood, as it was commonly termed, was a cross, with an effigy of ...
Biographical, Historical, and Descriptive by Russell Sturgis
ROOD 1814), Traduction des commentaires de Fron tin sur les aqueducs de Rome, etc. Bellier de la Chavignerie, Dictionnaire ; Lance, Dictionnaire. ROOD. A cross or crucifix, especially a large crucifix placed at the entrance of the choir or ...
The Catholic encyclopedia (1913)
an international work of reference on the constitution, doctrine, discipline, and history of the Catholic Church by Knights of Columbus. Catholic Truth Committee
Rood (Anglo-Saxon Rod, or Rode ...
Encyclopedia of Religions (2013)
by John G. R. Forlong
Rood, Rlld. A " rod " or pole, afterwards converted into a cross (see Stones). A fine specimen of such a stone pillar exists at Whitby Abbey in Yorkshire. Many Roods are inscribed, and they are often near a sacred well, to which the name ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rood
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: TomGazpacho
Photo credit: edmundv
Photo credit: www.naciendoenholanda.com
Photo credit: HansVdb
Photo credit: Gaetano Virgallito
- Het rood wit en blauw
Photo credit: Rob van Hilten
- Rood lederen schoudertas vrouwelijke.
Passen aan de leeftijd:Jongeren (18-35)
populaire elementen:auto hechtdraad
patroon:Effen kleur zonder patroon
binnen Materiaal:jacquard doek
Photo credit: xubangwen
Video about Rood
Video shows what rood means. A crucifix, cross.. A measure of land area, equal to a quarter of an acre.. A measure of five and a half yards in length.. rood ...
Quotes about Rood
The one who doesn't sow
will never get the harvest
and lives on others good.
The one who understands it
is the wisest.
will gather heavy harvest
from any little rood. (Larisa Rzhepishevska)
more quotes about rood...
Scrabble value of R1O1O1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROOD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Rood!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rood to see it in context!