On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun primulaceae
What does primulaceae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a dicotyledonous family of the order Primulales with a regular flower; widely distributed in the northern hemisphere
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Primulaceae: family Primulaceae / primrose family
- more generic terms: dicot family / magnoliopsid family = family of flowering plants having two cotyledons (embryonic leaves) in the seed which usually appear at germination
- member of: order Primulales / Primulales = Primulaceae; Theophrastaceae; Myrsinaceae
- genus Primula = very large and important genus of plants of temperate Europe and Asia having showy flowers
- genus Anagallis / Anagallis = chiefly Old World herbs
- genus Centunculus / Centunculus = a dicotyledonous genus of the family Primulaceae
- genus Cyclamen = genus of widely cultivated flowering Eurasian herbs with centrally depressed rounded tubers and rounded heart-shaped leaves
- genus Glaux / Glaux = sea milkwort
- genus Hottonia / Hottonia = aquatic herbs
- genus Lysimachia / Lysimachia = loosestrife: a cosmopolitan genus found in damp or swampy terrain having usually yellow flowers
- genus Samolus / Samolus = genus of herbs usually growing in salt marshes: water pimpernels
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Primulaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Belfast Naturalists' Field Club
The Primulaceae is a highly interesting and attractive order of plants, and is especially ...
Science and Civilisation in China: Volume 6, Biology and Biological Technology, Part 1, Botany (1986)
by Joseph Needham
Primulaceae is a cosmopolitan family, and Primula its largest genus, with hundreds of species, widely ranging, but the vast majority of its forms are confined to the great ...
by Carole J. Skelly
Primula officinalis [Primulaceae] butter rose cowslip English primrose primrose Primula veris [Primulaceae] butter rosecowslip English cowslip keyflower palsywort primrose Primula vulgaris [Primulaceae] English primrose Prunella vulgaris ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Franchet Primulaceae 1873 Omoea Blume Orchidaceae Origins: From the Greek homoios "like, resembling, the same, similar," referring to the petals or to the similarity to Ceratochi- lus. Omphacomeria (Endl.) A.
Phytochemical Dictionary (1998)
A Handbook of Bioactive Compounds from Plants, Second Edition by Herbert Baxter, J.B. Harborne, Gerald P. Moss
(Primulaceae). Storage carbohydrate ...
by Urs Eggli, Leonard E. Newton
primuliflorus For the genus Primula ("Primrose", Primulaceae); and Lat. '-florus', -flowered; for the resemblance of the flowers to those of some Primroses. (Para- keelya) primulifolius For the genus Primula (" Primrose", ...
by Burkhard Fugmann, Susanne Lang-Fugmann, Wolfgang Steglich
is isolated from the leaves of Primula species ( Primulaceae) ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Primulaceae Latin glaux, ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
Primulaceae Botany, a family of dicotyledonous herbs and shrubs of the order Primulales. characterized by perfect, mostly hypogynous flowers with stamens opposite the petals, a unilocular ovary, and a dry capsular fruit with several or many ...
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
Primulaceae (Primrose Family) Cyclamen purpurascens Mill. [ syn. Cyclamen europaeum auct. non L.] Cyclamen hederifolium Ait. [syn. Cyclamen neapoletanum Ten.] Other Names Alpenveilchen (German), arcara, asphom ...
by Henry Philippsborn
"; "Primulaceae"; premenstrual tension; menopause disorders (hot flushes) etc.) Primel-Kapseln fpl capsulesfpl de primevère cápsulasfpl de prímula capture v particles of a dispersion (Prod.) (Pharmaceutical chemistry ...
by John W. Blunt, Murray H. G. Munro
Passifloraceae Dicots; Phytolaccaceae Dicots; Piperaceae Dicots; Pittosporaceae Dicots; Plantaginaceae Dicots; Plumbaginaceae Dicots; Polemoniaceae Dicots; Polygalaceae Dicots; Polygonaceae Dicots; Primulaceae Dicots; Proteaceae ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Primulaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Primulaceae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Trientalis arctica (Primulaceae)
Amut lake. Solnechny District in Khabarovsk Krai, The Russian Far East.
Photo credit: yakovlev.alexey
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of P3R1I1M3U1L1A1C3E1A1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Primulaceae to find many related words and phrases!