On this page:
- Pleasanton is a city in Alameda County, California, incorporated in 1894. It is a suburb in the San Francisco Bay Area located about 25 miles east of Oakland, and 6 miles west of Livermore. The population was 70,285 at the 2010 census. In 2005 and 2007, Pleasanton was ranked the wealthiest middle-sized city in the United States by the Census Bureau. Pleasanton is home to the headquarters of Safeway Inc., Blackhawk Network, and Ross Stores. Although Oakland is the Alameda County seat, a few county offices and a courthouse are located in Pleasanton. Additionally, the main county jail is in the neighboring city of Dublin. The Alameda County Fairgrounds are located in Pleasanton and are held during the last week of June and the first week of July. Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park is located on the west side of town.
- Pleasanton is a city in Atascosa County, Texas, United States. The population was 8,934 at the 2010 census. Pleasanton's official motto is "The City of Live Oaks and Friendly Folks." It is part of the San Antonio-New Braunfels Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Pleasanton is a city in Linn County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,216.
- Pleasanton is a village in Buffalo County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 341 at the 2010 census. Pleasanton was once the terminus of the Omaha and Republican Valley Railway, a Union Pacific line that ended in the 1940s.
- Pleasanton is a city in Decatur County, Iowa, United States. The population was 49 at the 2010 census.
- Pleasanton is a census-designated place in the Williams Valley of Catron County, south of Glenwood and north of Cliff, in the U.S. state of New Mexico. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 106. It was renowned as a safehaven for Mormon polygamists for several years.
- Pleasanton a.k.a. Pleasanton, Ohio: Pleasanton is an unincorporated community in Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio, in the United States.
- read more about Pleasanton, Ohio
There are other places with in their name, like Pleasanton Township.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pleasanton
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
On Purpose (2011)
How Great School Cultures Form Strong Character by Samuel Casey Carter
Pleasanton is a suburban town some thirty miles southeast of Oakland, California . Although the village may be fairly described as slightly old-fashioned—with antique wooden signs and storefronts that have not changed much in the last fifty ...
by James C. Bradford
Alfred Pleasanton, with two cavalry divisions and an infantry brigade, to reconnoiter the area around Culpeper in an attempt to discern the intentions and movements of Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. Crossing the Rappahannock ...
American Reference Library: Encyclopedic dictionary of American reference, by J. Franklin Jameson & J.W. Buel (1900)
scene of a sharp cavalry fight during the Civil War, between Buford, Pleasanton and Gregg, commanding 9,000 Federals, and Stuart leading 12,000 Confederates. Hooker had sent Pleasanton to find Stuart, who was said to ...
by John Franklin Jameson
scene of a sharp cavalry fight during the Civil War, between Buford, Pleasanton and Gregg, commanding 9,000 Federals, and Stuart leading 12,000 Confederates. Hooker had cent Pleasonton to find Stuart, who was said to ...
by Colin Larkin
Pleasanton, San Francisco, California, USA; drums/vocals) and Roger Manning (b. Pleasanton, San Francisco, California, ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1918)
A Library of Universal Knowledge
scene of a sharp cavalry fight during the Civil War, between Buford, Pleasanton and Gregg, commanding 9,000 Federals, and Stuart leading 12,000 Confederates. Hooker had sent Pleasanton to find Stuart, ...
Pleasant Valley, Tex Pleasant Valley, Utah Pleasant Valley Junction, Utah Pleasant Valley Station, Idaho Pleasantville, 1ll Pleasantville, Ohio Pleasanton, Cal Pleasanton, Kans Pleasureville, Ky Plover, Wis Do ' Plaquemine, La., Miss. River ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pleasanton
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Pleasanton
Photo credit: santababy
Scrabble value of P3L1E1A1S1A1N1T1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PLEASANTON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Pleasanton!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pleasanton to see it in context!