On this page:
- Paul Hoffman is an English fantasy author, most famous for his Left Hand of God trilogy.
- born in (63 years ago)
- education: New College, Oxford
- written works: "The golden age of censorship", "The Left Hand of God"
- Paul Hoffman: Paul James Hoffman was an American professional basketball player.
- Paul Hoffman is the president and CEO of the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, New Jersey. He is also a prominent author, science educator, food entrepreneur, and host of the PBS television series Great Minds of Science. He was president and editor in chief of Discover, in a ten-year tenure with that magazine, and served as president and publisher of Encyclopædia Britannica before returning full-time to writing and consulting work. He lives in Brooklyn and Woodstock, New York. Author of at least ten books, he has appeared on CBS This Morning and The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer as a correspondent. Hoffman is also a puzzlemaster using the pseudonym Dr. Crypton. He designed the puzzle in the 1984 book Treasure: In Search of the Golden Horse. He also designed the treasure map in the 1984 film, Romancing the Stone, starring Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and Danny DeVito. Paul is a chess player rated around 1900.
- also known as Dr. Crypton
- born in (60 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Harvard University
- profession: Science writer
- written works: "The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdos and the Search for Mathematical Truth", "Archimedes' revenge", "Dictionary shmictionary!", "Dr. Crypton and his problems", "The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, presents the Mind game"
- film written: The Wisdom of Crocodiles
- Paul Hoffman a.k.a. Paul G. Hoffman: Paul Gray Hoffman was an American automobile company executive, statesman and global development aid administrator.
- read more about Paul G. Hoffman
- Paul Hoffman a.k.a. Paul Hoffmann: Paul Jacob Christopher Hoffmann, born 14 January 1970, is an Australian cricketer who has played for the cricket teams of Scotland. He is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium-fast bowler.
- read more about Paul Hoffmann
- Paul Hoffman a.k.a. Paul Hoffmann was an actor.
- read more about Paul Hoffmann (actor)
- Paul Hoffman a.k.a. Paul F. Hoffman: Paul Felix Hoffman, FRSC, OC is a Canadian geologist and Sturgis Hooper Professor Emeritus of Geology at Harvard University. He specializes in the Precambrian era and is widely known for the theory of the Snowball Earth about phenomena that occurred in the Neoproterozoic era, co-published with Daniel P. Schrag.
- read more about Paul F. Hoffman
- Paul Hoffman is an American rower who competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics and in the 1972 Summer Olympics.
- Paul Hoffman is a Santa Cruz-based Internet pioneer.
- born in (59 years ago)
- written works: "Mastering Macintosh Excel 2.2", "Perl for Dummies", "Microsoft Word for Windows made easy", "The MSX book", "Excel for the Macintosh version 2.2", "The Osborne/McGraw-Hill MS-DOS user's guide", "Macintosh paperwork", "The CMS user's guide", "Perl 5 for Dummies", "Destination Internet & World Wide Web"
- Paul Hoffman is a notable American business writer. He was born in Chicago and holds A.B. and A.M. degrees from the University of Chicago. As a reporter for New York Post, he covered the New York courts for several years. His articles were also published in The New York Times, Saturday Review, Time, The Nation, and other journals.
- born in (82 years ago)
- written works: "The dealmakers", "To drop a dime", "The new Nixon", "Lions of the eighties", "Tiger in the court", "Moratorium; an American protest"
- Paul Hoffman is an American football coach and sports figure in the United States.
- Paul Hoffman is an author.
- born in (73 years ago)
- written works: "Florida's frontiers", "Luisiana", "A history of Louisiana before 1813", "Spain and the Roanoke voyages", "A New Andalucia and a Way to the Orient", "The Spanish crown and the defense of the Caribbean, 1535-1585"
- Paul Hoffman appeared in the 1955 film Marty.
- also known as Paul Hoffmann
- profession: Actor
- read more about Paul Hoffman (actor)
- Paul Hoffman is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Paul Hoffman (actor)
- Paul Hoffman is a musical artist.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Greensky Bluegrass (Mandolin) since
- Paul Hoffman a.k.a. Pol Hoffmann: Pol Hoffman is an actor.
- read more about Pol Hoffmann (actor)
- Paul Hoffman is the father of Griffin Hoffmann.
- parent of Griffin Hoffmann
- Paul Hoffman was a Zephyr Skateboard Team Member from 1974 to 1976.
Paul Hoffman is an organization member.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Paul Hoffman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Paul Hoffman is an American psychologist who founded the Oregon Research Institute. Key Takeaways 1. People's judgments and decisions tend ...
From Outside the Offices of Fairweather, Winters & Sommers by Arnold B. Kanter
Paul Hoffman is an artist living in Western Massachusetts. CATBIRD Distributed by IPG $13.95 HUMOR. From the author of the.
From the Offices of Fairweather, Winters & Sommers by Arnold B. Kanter, Paul Hoffman
Paul Hoffman is a Connecticut artist.
From the Offices of Fairweather, Winters & Sommers by Arnold B. Kanter
Paul Hoffman is an artist living in Western Massachusetts. CATBIRD A« PRESS Distributed by IPG $13.95 HUMOR.
Encyclopedia of Mississippi (2001)
by Nancy Capace
Paul Hoffman, president of the foundation , ...
by Lawrence Nolan
Paul Hoffman (1986) has addressed the question whether Descartes is a hylomorphist, who conceives of the human being as a single substance in ...
Encyclopedia of Astrobiology (2011)
by Muriel Gargaud
PAUL HOFFMAN KO HASHIZUME Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences Department of Earth and Space Sciences Harvard University Osaka University Toyonaka, Osaka Cambridge, MA USA Japan ...
Encyclopedia of the Cold War (2013)
by Ruud van Dijk, William Glenn Gray, Svetlana Savranskaya, Jeremi Suri, Qiang Zhai
For this reason, the Foundation attracted to its leadership a number of prominent American experts in foreign affairs from diverse backgrounds in business, government, and education, among them Paul Hoffman, Henry Heald, John J. McCloy, ...
by Barbara Charton, John Tietjen
Paul Hoffman posits that in Earth's history there were very cold spells. This site details that theory.
by John Grasso
Among the best players in school history have been Joe Barry Carroll, Terry Dischinger, Herm Gilliam, Paul Hoffman, Billy QUADRUPLE-DOUBLE • 303 Keller, Brad Miller, Todd Mitchell, Rick Mount, 302 • PURDUE UNIVERSITY.
by Theresa Bane
Yolen, Jane, Paul Hoffman, and Shulamith Levey Oppenheim. The Fish Prince and Other Stories: Mermen Folk Tales.
by Theresa Bane
Yolen, Jane, Paul Hoffman, and Shulamith Levey Oppen- heim.
by Andrew Dow
Hodgkins, David Hodgkinson, Paul Hoffman, Phoebe Hogg, Alexander Holbrook, Stewart H Holley, Alexander L Hollingshead, Iohn Hollick, Dr Iack Hollowood, ...
Dictionary of Crime (1992)
Criminal Justice, Criminology, and Law Enforcement by Jay Robert Nash
C Courthouse, Paul Hoffman. CC Chicago Confidential, Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer. CBA CrimeBooks Archives. CD Crime Dictionary, Ralph DeSola. CDJIT Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, Francis Grose. CL Criminal Law, Wayne ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Paul Hoffman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Paul Hoffman
Click on an item to view that photo: