On this page:
- Definition of the noun nexus
- Phrases with Nexus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nexus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nexus
- Photos about Nexus
- Videos about Nexus
- Scrabble value of N1E1X8U1S1
- Anagrams of NEXUS
- Share this page
Nexus (a means of connection; a center) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's essential words for the GRE, which includes 800 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nexus
What does nexus mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: nexuses / nexus (variant)
- the means of connection between things linked in series
- a connected series or group
Alternative definition of the noun nexus
- a form of connection
- a connected group
- the centre of something
- Nexus was an Estonian pop band formed in 2003 which split up in 2006. It consisted of the singers Janne Saar, Merlyn Uusküla and Helen Randmäe. The first two albums had mostly an electronic up-tempo and general pop sound, though their last album had some rock influences. Their live band featured drummer Boriss Hrebtukov, bassist Viljar Norman and guitarist Kristjan Kaasik.
- Nexus is a progressive rock band from Argentina. They were founded end of the 1970s, but released their first album in 1999.
- Nexus is a Toronto-based percussion ensemble that performs jazz, world music, and western avantgarde music.
- genre: Contemporary classical music
- albums: "The Best of Nexus", "Drumtalker"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- official website: nexuspercussion.com
- Nexus was a Greek industrial rock band formed by vocalist/keyboardist Mike Pougounas. He was joined by guitarist Lefteris Strouggaris, drummer Vangelis Papachristopoulos, and bassist Costas Spanos. Pougounas and Strouggaris were fresh off of membership with The Flowers Of Romance, a pioneering Greek gothic rock band.
- Nexus is a musical group.
- album: "The Paradise Complex"
There are other groups with in their name, like Nexus 6, nexus 8, nexus-6, Nexus.., nexus 21, nexus vi, nexus..., Nexus Six, Dark Nexus, Nexus Inferis, Nexus Kenosis, Aberration Nexus, Black Shape of Nexus.
Who is Nexus?
NeXuS is a musical artist, musician, webpage.
- born in (39 years ago)
- read more about NeXuS (musical artist)
- "Nexus" a.k.a. "Nexus...": Nexus is the second and final studio album by English boyband Another Level, released on October 1, 1999 in the United Kingdom by Northwestside records. The album includes the theme from Notting Hill, "From the Heart", released by the band in May 1999. The album includes the singles "Summertime" and "Bomb Diggy", which became the band's final single. The album peaked at #7 on the UK Singles Chart. A limited edition version of the album with a bonus disc was made available on the day of release.
- read more about Nexus...
- "Nexus" is the fifth album by British rock band Argent. Released in 1974 on CBS Records.
- genre: Progressive rock
- released in (42 years ago)
- "nexus" is a pop song by the Japanese duo and idol unit ClariS, written by Kz. It was released as the unit's third single on September 14, 2011, by SME Records. The song was used as the theme song for the ninth volume of the Oreimo light novels and the opening theme of the Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Portable ga Tsuzuku Wake ga Nai video game. A music video was produced for "Nexus", directed by Kazuaki Nakamura. The single peaked at No. 5 on Japan's weekly Oricon singles chart.
- music and lyrics by Kz
- "Nexus" is an album by American jazz pianist Gene Harris recorded in 1975 and released on the Blue Note label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (41 years ago)
- "Nexus" is the third album released by American singer-songwriter Sarah Fimm.
- genre: Pop rock
- released on (11 years ago)
- "nexus" is a musical single of ClariS.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical EP of IAMENEMY.
- released on
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Xiescive.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Young Echo.
- released on
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Langdana.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Monday Michiru.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Matthe Bambach.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Misery.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a musical album of Barclay James Harvest Through the Eyes of John Lees.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a cataloged instance, composition.
"Nexus" is the third and final book in the trilogy The Rosy Crucifixion. It documents Henry Miller's troubles with his second wife Mona and her lover, Anastasia, and the period before his departure to Paris, France.
- also known as "Nexus: volume I"
- released in (57 years ago)
- "Nexus": Holly is a struggling singer whose life is torn apart when she loses custody of her daughter, Chloe. When she travels to her soon to be ex-husbands estate in the country, for a weekend visit with Chloe, she is shocked to discover that he is missing. The police are called and the following day, Holly is accused of the murder of her husband. Holly unwittingly finds herself at the center of a small town conspiracy and must harness all her inner strength to save her daughter and clear her name.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- director: Neil Coombs
- producer: Grace Kosaka
- executive producer: David J. Woods
- production design by Anna Lee
- written by Neil Coombs & Grace Kosaka
- cinematography by Neil Coombs
- edited by Neil Coombs
- music by Guy Zerafa, David Klotz
- costume design by Heather Rautiainen
- set decoration by Maggy Monceaux
- genres: Action Film, Action/Adventure, Thriller
- tagline: At the crossroads between truth and lies... someone must die
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Nexus" is a film, directed by Chris Ward.
"Nexus" a.k.a. "Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds" is a video game.
- read more about Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds
- Nexus is a publisher.
- NEXUS is a record label.
NEXUS is an Aviation waypoint.
- NEXUS is a joint Canada-United States program designed to let pre-approved, low-risk travelers cross the Canada–U.S. border quickly. Members of the program can avoid long waits at border entry points by using self-serve kiosks at airports, reserved lanes at land crossings, or by phoning border officials when entering by water. The program is operated by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. A NEXUS membership card is a valid document under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.
- Nexus is a bi-monthly alternative news magazine. It covers geopolitics and conspiracy theories; health issues, including alternative medicine; future science; the unexplained, including UFOs; Big Brother; and historical revisionism. The magazine also publishes articles about freedom of speech and thought, and related issues. The magazine is or has been published in over 12 languages and is sold in over 20 countries. When including digital editions, Nexus has approximately 100,000 Australian readers and 1.1 million readers globally. It is owned and edited by Duncan Roads.
- Nexus: A Nexus is a place equidistant from the five elements as explained in the TV series Charmed that is a source of great power and often a battleground for good and evil. There are several Nexus points of power scattered throughout the Charmed world, though rare, and the original most powerful Nexus was referred to as "The All". The one used by the Halliwell family in the Charmed series was located under Halliwell Manor, accessed via the basement, and was one of several "ultimate powers" seen in the course of the television series. A Demonic Shadow, called the Woogyman, sought the power of Halliwell Manor Nexus and was subsequently trapped within it by Patty Halliwell. Phoebe Halliwell and Wyatt Halliwell, the only two people to be born in Halliwell Manor, were both strongly influenced by evil, with Phoebe becoming Queen of the Underworld and Wyatt becoming a concentrated source of evil power, enslaving the World in an alternate future.The Nexus is located in the basement of the Halliwell Manor and various demons tried to steal its power, including Cole Turner and Zankou.
- Nexus or IEEE-ISTO 5001-2003 is a standard debugging interface for embedded systems.
- also known as Nexus debug
- Nexus is a common data format for neutron, x-ray, and muon science. It is being developed as an international standard by scientists and programmers representing major scientific facilities in Europe, Asia, Australia, and North America in order to facilitate greater cooperation in the analysis and visualization of neutron, x-ray, and muon data.
- The NEXUS reusable rocket was a concept design created in the 1960s by a group at General Dynamics led by Krafft Arnold Ehricke. It was intended as the next leap beyond the Saturn V, carrying up to eight times more payload. Several versions were designed, including 12,000 and 24,000 short ton vehicles with payloads of one thousand and two thousand short tons respectively. The larger version had a diameter of 202 feet. It was never built.
- Nexus is cyberpunk thriller novel written by American author Ramez Naam and published in 2012. The novel follows the protagonist Kaden Lane, a scientist who works on an experimental nano-drug, Nexus, which allows the brain to be programmed and networked, connecting human minds together. As he pursues his work, he becomes entangled in government and corporate intrigue. The story takes place in the year 2040.
- Nexus is the weekly students' magazine of the Waikato Students Union at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Nexus was established more than forty years ago and now has an advertised circulation of 5000 weekly. It is published throughout the academic year in the form of a full colour magazine and is also made available on the WSU website.
- Nexus is the quarterly magazine of Robert Gordon University. Staff and students are welcome to contact the editor if they have something they would like to see featured in the magazine.
Phrases with Nexus
- Nexus Cyrtoidopsis
- Baetis Nexus
- Phorbas Nexus
- Clathria Nexus
- Pauropus Nexus
- Psocidus Nexus
- Dipljapyx Nexus
- Eschmeyer nexus
- Aberration Nexus
- Aphanistes Nexus
- Bryaninops nexus
- Calvatylus Nexus
- Heliophorus Nexus
- Leptochiton nexus
- Rotylenchus Nexus
- Bipocillopsis Nexus
- Species Baetis Nexus
- Species Phorbas Nexus
- Species Clathria Nexus
- Species Pauropus Nexus
View more phrases with the word Nexus in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nexus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Legal-Economic Nexus (2007)
Fundamental Processes by Warren Samuels
The legaleconomic nexus is an arena in which economic power is an importantleverfor controlling and deploying state power, and the powerof...
The legaleconomic nexus is the social sphere in which extant economic power and political power are brought tobearoneachother, inthe process mutually...
The legaleconomic nexus is that spherewherein therules of law and morals are both output and input.
Modeling Problems in the Real World by Robert Mayes, James Myers
A real-world insight about the energy and environment nexus is that there are a number of alternative energy resources, but each...
The value of studying the energy and environment nexus is a future generation of citizens and scientists who make informed...
Matter Matters (2010)
Metaphysics and Methodology in the Early Modern Period by Kurt Smith
for the relational nexus is a necessary condition for instantiating any particular body—the nexus is that which serves to ' locate' a body. What is more, for Leibniz, mathematics would be impossible (that is, ...
by Ralph N. McMichael
The nexus is the historical, existential, and temporal place where and how the historical-existential-temporal Jesus engages our historical-existential-temporal selves. Such engagement—the Word who became flesh and who, as such, ...
Mindful Economics (2011)
How the U.S. Economy Works, Why it Matters, and How it Could Be Different by Joel Magnuson
CONCLUSION The cash nexus is a market system that locks together households and businesses in a mutually dependent and mutually antagonistic relationship.The dominant institution in this relationship is the large, Fortune 500 ...
The North American Idea (2011)
A Vision of a Continental Future by Robert A. Pastor
NEXUS is the one card used by both Canadians and Americans. Both countries check the background of the applicant, and each has the right to reject. However, neither country accepts the card as binational. By May 2010, 400,000 had been ...
From Thought to the Sanctuary of Faith by F. Schalow
The nexus is the ordering of analogical pairs in which likeness is refracted through otherness, and further nuances are created in which one term now adds complementary determinations from its opposite.” This analogical doubling sets in ...
by Lee, In
The New York State government attempts to redefine the term “nexus” so that it can force the out-of-state seller to collect sales tax from the in-state buyer. Not to be outdone, the online retailers also attempt to outsmart the state governments in ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
The nexus of research, teaching and learning, practice, and evaluation ( Groeneboer, 2006) Teaching & Learning Evaluation Research O Table 2. Summary of knowledge translation strategies Level #. process needs to be evaluated ...
Encyclopedia of Disability (2005)
by Gary L Albrecht, Sharon L. Snyder
PAST AND PRESENT PRACTICES REFLECTING THE DISABILITY-GENOCIDE NEXUS Once “genocide” entered public discussion, it was applied to many practices and cases, some of which are described below. The disability-genocide ...
by Jeffrey Ian Ross
Crime—Consumerism Nexus The crime— consumerism nexus is a theoretical concept used by (cultural) criminologists to understand ...
by Elmar Waibl
causal connection s Kausalnexus m, kausaler Konnex m (met, sei) —) causal relationships, causal nexus, causal relation causal decislon theory s kausale ...
by Karen Tracy, Cornelia Ilie, Todd Sandel
Nexus analysis Growing out of the methodological utility of employing the mediated action as the ecological unit, Scollon and Scollon (2004) articulated the methodological utility of tracing the complex individual, sociocultural, historical, and ...
by Sarah E. Boslaugh
Testing by private employers and nongovernmental entities, including professional athletic teams, private schools, private colleges, and private employers, may escape constitutional scrutiny unless a sufficient connection ( nexus) exists ...
by Charles J. Russo
First, the Court considered the nature of the relationship between the private facility and the state, namely, whether a “symbiotic relationship,” a “nexus,” and/or “public function” existed. Insofar as the Court could not uncover any symbiotic ...
by P.H. Matthews
VolumeII: Performance and Production by John Shepherd
In the 1970s, interest in Novelty Ragtime xylophone music was revived by Bob Becker through recordings and performances with the percussion group, NEXUS. The xylophone is virtually absent in rock music genres, except for rare use of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nexus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nexus
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Nexus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nexus Meaning
Video shows what nexus means. a form of connection. a connected group. the centre of something. nexus pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- ORIGIN Nexus Explanation Video
- Explanation about water and food policy nexus in Uzbekistan
International conference on policies for water and food security in the dry areas.
- Convert your LG G2 to Nexus 5 (full tutorial) Updated Description
- How To Change The Language - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
A video how to, tutorial, guide on changing the language on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. For other very useful how to guides & tutorials visit: Website: ...
- Nexus Globetrotters vs 360 Club ESL NA Go4Heroes #16
Round of 16 match between Nexus Globetrotters and 360 Club.
- ESL Go4Heroes Americas Cup 13 - BARREL BOYS vs Nexus Globetrotters
The Go4Heroes Americas Cup #13 for Heroes of the Storm Alpha had an 26 team bracket go head to head for guts and glory! Tournament: ...
- MIUI + language pack Nexus 4 Recensione ita And
Una breve carrellata per incuriosirvi su questa ottima rom!
- Nexus 2.2 (View description)
FREE DL LINK...
See also the pronunciation examples of Nexus!
Scrabble value of N1E1X8U1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NEXUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Nexus!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nexus to see it in context!