On this page:
- "Neighbours" is a 1952 anti-war film by Scottish-Canadian filmmaker Norman McLaren. Produced at the National Film Board of Canada in Montreal, the film uses the technique known as pixilation, an animation technique using live actors as stop-motion objects. McLaren created the soundtrack of the film by scratching the edge of the film, creating various blobs, lines, and triangles which the projector read as sound.
- also known as Geitones, Voisins, Szomszédok, Les voisins
- country: Canada
- producer: Norman McLaren
- written by Norman McLaren
- cinematography by Wolf Koenig
- music by Norman McLaren
- location: Montreal
- genres: Animation, Comedy
- released in (64 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- official website: www.nfb.ca/trouverunfilm/fichefilm.php?id=10452&v=h&lg=en
- "Neighbours": Neighbours: They Are Vampires is a 2014 Bollywood horror film directed by Shyam Ramsay.The cast includes Arbaaz Ali Khan, Roushika Reikhi, Shakti Kapoor, Gavie Chahal and Rufy Khan. The film was released on 14 March 2014.
- country: India
- "Neighbours" is a 1966 Danish comedy film directed by Bent Christensen. It was entered into the 5th Moscow International Film Festival.
- "Neighbours" a.k.a. "Neighbors": Neighbours is a 2012 film directed by Pedro Navarro.
- read more about Neighbors
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Neighbours
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Macro Photography (2015)
From Snapshots to Great Shots by Rob Sheppard
Meet Your Neighbours is a website that uses a simple white background for the photography of all subjects. 9: THE IMPORTANCE OF BACKGROUNDS 169 The Simple ...
American studies (1986)
an annotated bibliogr by Jack Salzman
Moreover, these ties are easily and often broken as people can, and do, change residence fairly frequently; indeed the possibility of moving if one disapproves of, or quarrels with, the neighbours is a distinctive element in relations between ...
2d series, our neighbours is a beginning of triumph for ourselves. “ England, indeed, learnt this lesson of the age somewhat tardily. Its cabinet, attached to the old system of policy, of which many able men are yet scarcely divested, nearly lost ...
by Alison Wakefield, Jenny Fleming
The Block Association of Philadelphia was formed in 1971 and was based on neighbours meeting at monthly intervals to discuss methods of watching each other's homes and exchanging information on home security. One of the earliest ...
by Col Ved Prakash
Any polity, ancient or modern, would need to have a coherent security policy towards its neighbours to safeguard itself against external aggression and internal disruption. The geography has place war-like and brave (often 'turbulent' to the ...
by Weronika Szubko-Sitarek
Another group of words typically used in the visual recognition studies are interlingual neighbours. In the research on monolingual visual recognition it was proved that orthographically similar words are already activated on the presentation of ...
A Complete Dictionary of Astrology, in which every technical ... term belonging to the Science is ... explained and the various systems of the most approved Authors accurately defined, etc (1819)
by James WILSON (Philomath.)
b being here, gives hatred of brethren and neighbours, and danger in journeys; 2/, quite the reverse; 6, spiteful brethren and neighbours, want of religion, evil journeys and robbery; the Q, good brethren and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Neighbours
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Neighbours
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mikecogh
05/06/13 Shot from the summer '05.
Photo credit: V31S70
Photo credit: Monika Kostera (urbanlegend)
Photo credit: Chill Mimi
Photo credit: ::ErWin
Photo credit: orse
Photo credit: Thomas Leth-Olsen
- Neighbours .
Photo credit: pete Thanks for 3 Million Views
Video about Neighbours
ESL Strories - Alberto's New Neighbours (transcript video)
Alberto took one look at his new neighbours and knew that his life was going to get more difficult. There they were, two of them, as big and as noisy as their car, ...
View more videos about Friends and Neighbours.
See also the pronunciation examples of Neighbours!
Quotes about Neighbours
I do not propose to write an ode to dejection, but to brag as lustily as chanticleer in the morning, standing on his roost, if only to wake his neighbours up. (Henry David Thoreau)
more quotes about neighbours...
Scrabble value of N1E1I1G2H4B3O1U1R1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Neighbours to see it in context!