On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun milt
What does milt mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: milts
- fish sperm or sperm-filled reproductive gland; having a creamy texture
- seminal fluid produced by male fish
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic terms: come / cum / ejaculate / seed / semen / seminal fluid = the thick white fluid containing spermatozoa that is ejaculated by the male genital tract
- part of: fish = any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills
Alternative definition of the noun milt
Milt is the seminal fluid of fish, mollusks, and certain other water-dwelling animals who reproduce by spraying this fluid which contains the sperm, onto roe.
- Milt a.k.a. Milton Rubenfeld: Milton "Milt" Rubenfeld was a pilot who flew for the Royal Air Force and U.S. Army during World War II, later becoming one of the five founding pilots of the Israeli Air Force in Israel's War of Independence. It is widely believed that Rubenfeld, the other four volunteer pilots, and the other machalniks changed the course of the War of Independence. He was injured and returned to the United States, and settled in New York state, where he married and owned a local business with his wife, Judy. Later, he moved his family to Sarasota, Florida, where he and his wife owned another successful business until he retired. He died in 2004. He was the father of actor/comedian Paul Reubens, who was known for co-creating and portraying his character, Pee-wee Herman.
- read more about Milton Rubenfeld
- Milt a.k.a. Milton Ehre was a 1975 Guggenheim Fellow in Humanities.
- read more about Milton Ehre
- Milt is a fictional film character.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1931 film Hard Hombre.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1995 drama film Lotto Land.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1986 film Gung Ho.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 2009 film State of Play.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1966 film El Dorado.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1957 film The Lonely Man.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 2007 film Alice Upside Down.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 1959 film A Cool Sound from Hell.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 2000 film Take Me Home: The John Denver Story.
- Milt is a fictional character from the 2009 film Love Hurts.
- Milt is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Milt Sturmfuller.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Milt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Heuskin, M. Joseph
The milt is an organ placed between the oesophagus and ...
Endocrine Disruption in Fish (1998)
by David E. Kime
Fish milt is a viscous liquid and is only mixed with water with some difficulty under a microscope. The two step dilution used by Billard and Cosson (1992), involving initial dilution with an extender solution, in which sperm remain immotile, ...
Biology, Biology by CTI Reviews
Milt is the seminal fluid of fish, mollusks, and certain other waterdwelling animals who reproduce by spraying this fluid which contains the sperm, onto roe.
Botanick Essays (1720)
In Two Parts ... : with Many Curious Remarks, and Several Discoveries and Improvements by Patrick Blair
The Milt is a softer, flexile, and as it were Milky Substance. TheDifference of the Consistence do's not admit of an entire Union or intimate Commixtion of ...
e-Study Guide for: Bridges Not Walls: A Book About Interpersonal Communication by John Stewart, ISBN 9780073384993 (2013)
by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
thecelebrated CHAPTER HIGHLIGHTS: KEY TERMS, PEOPLE, PLACES, CONCEPTS Milt Milt is the seminal fluid of fish, mollusks, and certain other water dwelling animals who reproduce by spraying this fluid, which contains the sperm, onto ...
Cabins in the Laurel (2014)
by Muriel Earley Sheppard
Uncle Milt is an expert at making wooden keelers, piggins, and buckets, the distinction being that a keeler is a wooden measure of peck size or less without a handle; a piggin has a straight handle on one side only, so that as it balances on the ...
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
milt, milt, is appar. E.] The male genera: tive organ of a fish; the spermatic organ and its secretion; the soft roe, corresponding to the roe or spawn of the female. Sometimes melt. You shall scarce or never take a male carp without a * nelt, ...
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Milt, fern, roe ; milt, the " soft ...
A dictionary of the English language. Abstracted from the folio ed., by the author. To which is prefixed, an English grammar. To this ed. are added, a history of the English language [&c.]. (1768)
by Samuel Johnson
[milt andean.] Vessel in which milk is kept in the dairy Bacs*. MILKPO TTAGE / [ milt and peltate.] Food made by boiling milk with water and oatmeal. Lade. MII. KSCORE./ [milk and/««] Account of milk owed for, scored on a board. AJdiJon.
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
Milt. * UNMINDFUL, adj. Not heedful ; not regardful ; negligent; inattentive.— Unmindful of thi9 law.
The Union Dictionary (1822)
Containing All that Truly Useful in the Dictionaries of Johnson, Sheridan, and Walker ... by Thomas Browne
Milt.—Not to trot, applied toa horse, to appear as a spectrv. 1)avie.¢.—'l'o be in motion. Spenser.—T0 move about. Shak.' To travel.—v. a. To pass through. Shak. —To lead out for air or exercise. Walk, wiwk. s. act of walking. Pope.—Gait, step.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Milt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Milt
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Milt
Video shows what milt means. The spleen, especially of an animal bred for food.. Fish semen.. milt synonyms: soft roe, white roe. milt pronunciation. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Milt!
Scrabble value of M3I1L1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Milt to see it in context!