On this page:
- Michael Kelly: Michael Joseph Kelly is an American actor. He is best known for his roles in films such as Changeling, Dawn Of The Dead, Law Abiding Citizen, The Adjustment Bureau, Chronicle, and Now You See Me. He also appeared in the television miniseries Generation Kill and the Criminal Minds spin-off series Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. He is also known for playing Doug Stamper in the American TV series House of Cards.
- Michael Kelly: Paddy Kelly is a member of the musical group, The Kelly Family.
- also known as Kelly, Paddy; Michael Patrick Kelly; Kelly, Michael
- born on (38 years ago) in Dublin
- nationality: Republic of Ireland, United States of America
- profession: Singer, musician, composer
- member of musical group The Kelly Family (Guitar) since
- albums: "When You Sleep", "In Exile", "Fields of the North"
- Michael Kelly was an Irish singer, composer and theatrical manager who made an international career of importance in musical history. One of the leading figures in British musical theatre around the turn of the nineteenth century, and a close associate of Richard Sheridan's, he had been a friend of Mozart and Paisiello, and created roles in operas of both. With his friend Nancy Storace, he was one of the first singers in that age from Britain and Ireland to make a front-rank reputation in Italy and Austria. In Italy he was also known as O'Kelly or even Signor Ochelli. Although the primary source for his life is his Reminiscences, it has been said 'Any statement of Kelly's is immediately suspect.
- Michael Kelly was an Australian Roman Catholic clergyman, the fourth Archbishop of Sydney.
- Michael Kelly is a football player, athlete.
- born on (27 years ago) in Dublin
- Michael Kelly was an American sport shooter, born in Galway, Ireland, who competed in the 1920 Summer Olympics.
- Michael Kelly a.k.a. Michael P. Kelly is an architect and urban planner who has led the public housing authorities of several large U.S. cities, and is a leading advocate for public policy that promotes affordable housing in the country.
- read more about Michael P. Kelly
- Michael Kelly is a Scottish Labour politician and businessman. He graduated from the University of Strathclyde and became a lecturer in Economics there and a Labour councillor. From 1984 he was Managing Director of Michael Kelly Associates, a PR company. He held the position of Lord Provost of Glasgow from 1980 to 1984, and was Rector of the University of Glasgow from 1984 to 1987. As Lord Provost, he was instrumental in the city's adoption of the Glasgow's miles better campaign and slogan, which is credited with an important role in Glasgow's cultural renaissance during the 1980s. A member of one of the families that had controlled Celtic F.C. since its foundation, he sat on the club's board of directors until 1994, when the club reached the verge of bankruptcy and the much-criticised old regime was ousted by Fergus McCann's takeover.
- born in (76 years ago)
- nationality: Scotland
- profession: Writer, politician
- Michael Kelly: Michael Joseph Kelly FRS FREng is a New Zealand-British physicist. He is Professor of Solid State Electronics and Nanoscale Science in the Division of Electrical Engineering, University of Cambridge. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1993 and won its Hughes Medal in 2006. He was formerly the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Department for Communities and Local Government.
- born on (66 years ago) in New Plymouth
- nationality: New Zealand
- education: Victoria University of Wellington
- profession: Physicist
- award: - Hughes Medal (for his work in the fundamental physics of electron transport and the creation of practical electronic devices which can be deployed in advanced systems)
- Michael Kelly is an actor.
- Michael Kelly a.k.a. Ted Cox was a gay pornographic actor who made movies primarily in the 1980s and 1990s, primarily for Vivid Video. He gained notoriety offscreen in 1991 when he was charged with the murder of an older male friend, Michael Frank, in New York City.
- read more about Ted Cox
- Michael Kelly is a film editor.
- also known as Mike Kelly
- profession: Film editor, visual effects editor
- Michael Kelly is an author.
- born in (70 years ago)
- written works: "Pioneer of the Catholic revival", "Quaternary geology of western and central North Greenland", "The Cultural and Intellectual Rebuilding of France after the Second World War"
- Michael Kelly is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Michael Kelly (actor)
- Michael Kelly is the father of Michael Kelly.
- Michael Kelly was the father of Paul Kelly.
- also known as Michael
- profession: Pub owner
- parent of Paul Kelly
- Michael Kelly is a singer, songwriter and record producer.
- also known as Michael Patrick Kelly, Michael "CQ" Kelly
- profession: Singer-songwriter, record producer
- Michael Kelly is a television editor.
- profession: Television editor
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing - Miniseries, Movie Or A Special - "Sammy Davis, Jr. 60th Anniversary Celebration" (Outstanding Editing For A Miniseries Or A Special (Multi-Camera Production)), with Keith Fernandes, Donn Hoyer, Barney Robinson, Dave Vernon, Maria S. Schlatter
- Michael Kelly is the son of Fred Kelly.
- Michael Kelly appeared in the 2013 documentary film Ringbalin Breaking the Drought.
- Michael Kelly a.k.a. Michael L. Kelly Esq. is a Senior Partner in the law firm of Kirtland & Packard, LLP, which maintains offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, California. Kelly was born in John Day, Oregon on September 21, 1953. He completed his undergraduate education at Seattle University in 1975 and his legal education at the University of Idaho College of Law in 1978. He started his practice in 1978 with Kirtland & Packard LLP in Los Angeles. Kelly is a nationally recognized consumer trial lawyer who has represented clients in a number of high profile cases and writes and lectures extensively on jury trial issues.
- read more about Michael L. Kelly
- Michael Kelly is a fictional film character.
- Michael Kelly is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Michael Kelly
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The AIDS Conspiracy (2012)
Science Fights Back by Nicoli Nattrass
Journalist Michael Kelly refers to this phenomenon as “fusion paranoia” in which the left/right distinction is replaced with the more primitive “Us” (the people) versus “Them” (the people who control the people) polarity: “From this fundamental ...
An Encyclopedia of Faiths and Cultures by Jesudas M. Athyal
Connors, Michael Kelly. Democracy and National Identity in Thailand. New York: Routledge, 2003. Gellner, Ernest Nations and Nationalism. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1983. Jackson, Peter. “Thai Buddhist Identity: Debates on the ...
by Frederik Ohles, Shirley M. Ohles, John G. Ramsay
Katz, Michael Kelly, Karen ...
by Lila R. Gleitman, Barbara Landau
We wish to thank Renee Baillargeon, Judy DeLoache, Henry Gleitman, Jane Grimshaw, Aravind Joshi, Michael Kelly, Barbara Landau, Anne Lederer, Ellen Markman, Kevin Miller, Letty Naigles. Elissa Newport, Brian Ross, and Sandy ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Michael Kelly
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Michael Kelly to see it in context!