On this page:
Mahu was Chief of Police at Akhetaten.
- Mahu: Māhū in traditional Hawaiian or Kanaka Maoli culture are third gender persons with traditional roles within Kanaka Maoli society, similar to Tongan fakaleiti and Samoan fa'afafine and analogous to the Neapolitan femminiello.
- MAHU a.k.a. The magnificent hummingbird is a large hummingbird. It is the only member of the genus Eugenes, although the northern, nominate subspecies E. f. fulgens has on occasion been separated from the larger, southern race of Costa Rica and Panama, E. f. spectabilis, as Rivoli's hummingbird.
- read more about Magnificent hummingbird
- Mahu a.k.a. Mahou Language is an human language.
- read more about Mahou Language
Phrases with Mahu
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Mahu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Out in Theory (2002)
The Emergence of Lesbian and Gay Anthropology by Ellen Lewin, William L. Leap
As the translation "half-man, half-woman," may suggest, mahu is a gender category for persons who deploy and participate in complex combinations of masculine and feminine gender signs and practices. Mahu adopt styles of dress, work, ...
by Charles Russell Coulter, Patricia Turner
see Mahu. Mahre and Mahrianag ...
by Robert T. Francoeur, Raymond J. Noonan
Nor is it possible to determine the social identity of the transvestites in terms of the mahu, Western gay transvestism, a modern synthesis of both patterns, or some other identity (Williams 1986, 255-258). These transvestites are employed in ...
by Kevin L. Nadal
The mahu of Hawaii were considered a third gender, being neither man nor woman ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mahu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mahu
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Mahu
The Meaning of Mahu
A scene from the upcoming documentary KUMU HINA, which will be broadcast on PBS's Independent Lens on May 4 at 10-11 PM EST. Mahu is the Hawaiian ...
Scrabble value of M3A1H4U1
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAHU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mahu!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Mahu to find many related words and phrases!