On this page:
- Leyden a.k.a. Leiden is a city and municipality in the Dutch province of South Holland. The municipality of Leiden has a population of 122,000, but the city forms one densely connected agglomeration with its suburbs Oegstgeest, Leiderdorp, Voorschoten and Zoeterwoude with around 190,000 inhabitants. Leiden is located on the Old Rhine, at a distance of some 20 kilometres from The Hague to its south and some 40 kilometres from Amsterdam to its north. The recreational area of the Kaag Lakes lies just to the northeast of Leiden.
- read more about Leiden
- Leyden is a town in Franklin County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 711 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Massachusetts Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Leyden is a town in Lewis County, New York, United States. The population was 1,785 at the 2010 census.
- Leyden, Colorado is a small unincorporated community lying west of Arvada at the junction of West 82nd Avenue and Quaker Streets. It is a historic company town established by the Leyden Coal Company in 1902 to house the miners of the Leyden Coal Mine nearby to the west.
- Leyden a.k.a. Leyden, Wisconsin: Leyden is an unincorporated community located in the town of Janesville, Rock County, Wisconsin, United States.
- read more about Leyden, Wisconsin
Leyden is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Leyden
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Introduction and Europe (1822)
by Thomas Myers
LEYDEN is a large handsome town in the same province, and only a few miles from the Hague. It has long been noted for its university. Leyden is built in a rectangular form, and is about two miles in length. The principal street, which runs the ...
Java in the 14th Century (2013)
A Study in Cultural History by Theodore G.Th. Pigeaud
Leyden is a manual of good conduct for Court officials. The meaning of the name is “Nine Physiognomies, or Instances of Polite Demeanour”, and this refers to nine situations in which a courtier may find himself, and to the faces suitable ...
U.S. Technology and Innovation Policy by Dennis Patrick Leyden, Albert N. Link
ABOUT THE AUTHORS Dennis Patrick Leyden is an associate professor Acknowledgments.
by Joshua R. H. Potts
Leyden is a gentleman of education and character, whose testimony is not to be discredited without reason.
by Catherine S. Manno
HB Leyden is a rare variant of HB that occurs secondary to point mutations in the promoter region of the FIX gene. Typically, patients with this ...
The New Royal Geographical Magazine; Or, A Modern, Complete, Authentic, and Copious System of Universal Geography, Etc (1794)
by Esq. Michael Adams (of Lincoln's Inn.)
Leyden is a large and fine city, and celebrated for its univerfity: here are also fome fine churches, and feveral long, broad, and elegant streets. This city...
The American Agriculturist (1846)
Leyden is a short railroad ride from Haarlem, and is one of the prettiest towns in Holland. It ia remarkably quiet, with the exception of an occasional group of noisy students belonging to the University, which once stood among the first in Europe ...
2 Volumes by Stuart Brown
Peter Cave von LEYDEN, Wolfgang Marius ( 1 9 1 1 -2004) Wolfgang Marius von Leyden was born in Berlin on 28 December ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Leyden however waded through the snow, to present himself by day-break at the forge- door, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Leyden
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Leyden
Photo credit: yellow book
Scrabble value of L1E1Y4D2E1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LEYDEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Leyden!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Leyden to see it in context!