Kilt appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- So get some kilt left in a van, it felt like most egos.
- Yaks say moths a lad dated act like non-actor’s rot: can one kilt cadet add a lash to my ass, Kay?
On this page:
- Definition of the noun kilt
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kilt
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kilt
- Photos about Kilt
- Video language resources about Kilt
- Quotes about Kilt
- Scrabble value of K5I1L1T1
- Anagrams of KILT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun kilt
What does kilt mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: kilts
- a knee-length pleated tartan skirt worn by men as part of the traditional dress in the Highlands of northern Scotland
Alternative definition of the noun kilt
- Traditional Scottish garment, usually worn by men, having roughly the same morphology as a wrap-around skirt, with overlapping front aprons and pleated around the sides and back, and usually made of twill-woven worsted wool with a tartan pattern.
- (historical) Any Scottish garment from which the above lies in a direct line of descent, such as the philibeg, or the great kilt or belted plaid;
- a plaid, pleated school uniform skirt sometimes structured as a wrap around, sometimes pleated throughout the entire circumference;
- a variety of non-bifurcated garments made for men and loosely resembling a Scottish kilt, but most often made from different fabrics and not always with tartan plaid designs.
- Kilt is a musical group.
- albums: "Kilt", "Four in the Crib", "The Art of Self-Destruction"
- Kilt is a musical group.
- album: "From the Abyss"
- official website: www.kiltmetal.de
"Kilt" is a musical album of Kilt.
- released in (18 years ago)
"Kilt" is a play by Jonathan Wilson.
- language: English Language
- released on (15 years ago)
- KILT is a Sports/Talk formatted radio station in the Houston, Texas, metropolitan area.
- official website: www.sportsradio610.com
- KILT is a broadcast content.
- Kilt is a 2002 theater production of the play by Jonathan Wilson.
- award: - Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play nomination for Kathleen Doyle
- Kilt is a 2003 GLAAD Media Award nominated theater production.
- award: - GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding New York Theater: Broadway and Off-Broadway nomination for Jonathan Wilson
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kilt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Looking at Great Britain (2007)
by Jillian Powell
The kilt is a skirt for men and part of the traditional outfit for Scots. Christianity is the main religion in Great Britain. Most Christians belong to the Protestant Church of England or Scotland, but Great Britain is also home to many Roman Catholics.
Warrior Dreams (2014)
Playing Scotsmen in Mainland Europe by David Hesse
The kilt is a male garment, the bagpipe a military instrument, Highland Games a world of manly athletics, clans a sociality of patrilinear authority. At all European Scottish festivals, the kilted male is at the centre of attention. And yet this does not ...
Learn How to Make Sure He's Just That Into You by Using Etiquette, Class and Style in the Bedroom. by Ms. Ker'-en-Shemesh Auxley
kilt is the following German print showing Highlanders in about 1630xxxii. Taken from the Encyclopedia-Wikipedia. This is a file from the. 34 | Page.
by Britannica Educational Publishing
The kilt is a length of woven wool that is permanently pleated except for sections at each end and wrapped around the wearer's waist in such a way that the pleats are massed at the wearer's back and the flat, unpleated ends overlap to form a ...
by Maggie Daniels, Carrie Loveless
The tartan kilt is an easily recognized Celtic garment, with colors and plaid patterns that represent the wearer's clan. A groom in Highland attire also wears a fur pouch, known as a sporran, and a small dirk, which is a traditional Scottish knife.
How to Be a Man (2013)
by Harold D. Edmunds
Kilt: The kilt is a skirt like garment that is knee length. It has pleats in the rear. The kilt originated in Scotland in the sixteenth century. It was a garment that men and boys wore. Laughingstock: A laughingstock is an object of ridicule or the butt of ...
A Typological Study by Julia Carol Harvey, Julie Abrams
The kilt is a short white one, but there is a clear painted tab on the belly to the left hand-side of the navel (D.2b). Catalogue No. A75. CG 503, 103 is also wearing a striated wig, with no parting and flaring widely over the shoulders and covering ...
by John Jamieson
KILT, KELT, a. A loose dress worn by Highlanders, extending from the belly to the knee, in the form of a petticoat, S. B0swel1.—Su.G. kill, kiolt, lsl. kellta», sinus vestis anterior. To KILT, KIL'! or, v. a. 1. To tuck up, S. Douglas.-—Dan. kill-er op, ...
by Jill Condra
But more popular is a kilt pleated to sett, where the intersecting lines of the plaid are pleated and aligned to show the whole sett design. By the mid-18th century, the pleated lower skirt and the draping worn on the upper body was separated.
The Irish Use of English by T. P. Dolan
' kill2, see KILT. kill3 /kil/ n., alternative form of kiln (cf. mill. from OE mylen) < OE cyln, ult. from L culina, kitchen (cf.
by John Jamieson
KILT, KELT, s. A loose dress, extending from the belly to the knee, in the form of a petticoat, S. Roswett.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kilt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kilt
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: raymaclean
Not the only one seen that day.
Photo credit: jeffedoe
Photo credit: Ian D
Photo credit: Beige Alert
- Kilt show off
Photo credit: og2t // ou gee tew tee
- Another view of the Debian kilt
Photo credit: aigarius
- Devin's Kilt
Just finished playing the drum with his Bagpipe group.
Photo credit: slashvee
- Piper's Kilt
Photo credit: tomcensani
- Kilt Washing Day!
A rare event indeed, the bi-yearly event that is Kilt Washing Day!
Everyone in the town gathers as each Scotsman 'finally' washes that kilt of his!
Children weep with joy in the streets as kilts are washed and grateful townsfolk
take in a deep breath of relief!
( Built for Iron Builder - uses 10 of the Secret Ingredient parts )
Photo credit: V&A Steamworks - Guy HImber
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Kilt
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Kilt pin.
See also the pronunciation examples of Kilt!
Quotes about Kilt
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'kilt"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of K5I1L1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KILT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Kilt!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kilt to see it in context!