On this page:
- John Deacon: John Richard Deacon is a retired English musician, best known as the bassist for the rock band Queen. Of the four members of the band, he was the last to join and also the youngest, being only 19 years old when he was recruited by the other members of the band in February 1971. Deacon wrote a number of Queen's hit singles, including "You're My Best Friend", "Spread Your Wings", "Back Chat", "I Want to Break Free", and the band's biggest selling single in the United States, "Another One Bites the Dust", as well as a number of album tracks. He also played electric and acoustic guitars on several albums and, to a lesser extent, keyboards, synthesizers, programming and drums. He very occasionally provided backing vocals during live shows.
- also known as John Decon, Jon Decon, ジョン執筆, John Richard Deacon, Deacon John, Deaks, Deaky
- born on (64 years ago) in Oadby, child of Arthur Henry and Lilian Deacon
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Musician, singer-songwriter, bassist, electronics engineer
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Veronica Tetzlaff since
- parent of
- genres: Hard rock, Progressive rock, Heavy metal, Pop rock, Glam rock, Funk, Rock music, Jazz, Pop music
- nomination: - nominated to People's Choice Award for Favorite New Song - "Another One Bites the Dust"
- John Deacon was a Motorcycle enduro racer. He had won several Paris Dakar Rally stages. He died as a result of head injuries sustained when his BMW bike flipped, 77 miles from the town of Palmyra in Syria during the seventh stage of the Masters Rally between France and Jordan. He was lying third in the event at the time.
- born in (53 years ago)
- nationality: United Kingdom
- died on (14 years ago)
- John Deacon is an author.
- born in (430 years ago)
- died in (399 years ago)
- written works: "Marnie's Place", "Global Securitisation and CDOs", "Tobacco tortured"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for John Deacon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Critical Dictionary of English Literature and British and American Authors, Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Latter Half of the Nineteenth Century (1871)
Containing Over Forty-six Thousand Articles (authors), with Forty Indexes of Subject by Samuel Austin Allibone
Deacon, John Deacon, Thos. Deacon, WinDealtry, R. B. Dealtry, Wm. Dean, S. Deane, Henry Deane, J. Deane, Rich. Deane, Sam]. Dearing, Sir Edw. Deacon, T. Debords, Lewis De Charms, Rd. De Clarovade, E. De Coetlogon, ...
by S. AUSTIN ALLIBONE.
Deacon, John Deacon, Thos. Deacon, Wm. Dealtry, R. B. Dealtry, Wm. Dean, S. Dcane, Henry Deane, J. Deane, Rich. Deane. Saml. Dearing, Sir Edw. De&fton, T. Debords, Lewis De Charms, Rd. Do Clarovade, E. De Coetlogon, ...
Critical Dictionary of English Literature, and British and American Authors, Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Middle of the Nineteenth Century (1871)
Containing Thirty Thousand Biographies and Literary Notices, with Forty Indexes of Subjects. T - Z by Samuel Austin Allibone
Deacon, John Deacon. Thos. Deacon, Wm. Dealtry, R. B. Dealtry, Wm. Dean, S. Deane, Henry Deane, J. Deanc,'Rich. Deane. Saml. Dearing, Sir Edw. Deason, T. Debords, Lewis De Charms, Rd. De Clarovade, E. De Coctlogon, ...
British and American by Eric Partridge
1739, Sessions Papers (trial of Cuthbert Wharton and John Deacon), 'Deacon stood behind the Pales [palings] to tip Tommy¦ that is, ...
by Temple H. Croker
Deacon, Surgeon, Daventry — John Deacon — Daniel de Bray – Daniel Delahaize – Richard Dearman, Iorumonger, Whitehaven — John Dennis, Kenfington – Dennifon Miss Dennifon Captain Denton, Pledeck-Hall Mr. William Dias ...
The Complete Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. In which the Whole Circle of Human Learning is Explained, and the Difficulties Attending the Acquisition of Every Art, Whether Liberal Or Mechanical, are Removed, in the Most Easy and Familiar Manner ... (1766)
by Wilson and Fell (Londres), Fletcher and Hodson (Cambridge)
Deacon, Surgeon, Daventry — John Deacon — Daniel de Bray — Daniel Delahaize — Richard Dearman, Iornmonger, White- haven — John Dennis, Kensington — Dennison Miss Dennison Captain Denton, Pledeck-Hall Mr. William Dias ...
by Patrick Hanks, Richard Coates, Peter McClure
John Deacon, in IGI (Woodnewton, Northants); George Deacon, in IGI (Burnley, Lancs); Ann Deacon, in IGI (Hemsworth near Wakefield, WR Yorks).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for John Deacon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about John Deacon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about John Deacon
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of John Deacon to see it in context!