On this page:
Who is Javed Akhtar?
Javed Akhtar is a poet, lyricist and scriptwriter from India. Akhtar is a mainstream writer and some of his most successful work was carried out with Salim Khan as half of the script-writing duo credited as Salim-Javed between 1971 to 1982. He is a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award& He won 13 Filmfare Awards.
- also known as Javed Aktar, Javed Akthar, Javed Akhatar, Saleem-Javed, Javed, Salim-Javed, Shri. Javed Akhtar, Salim Javed, Jadoo Akhtar, Jadoo
- born on (70 years ago) in Khairabad, Sitapur, child of Jan Nisar Akhtar and Safia Akhtar
- nationality: India
- profession: Poet, lyricist, screenwriter, writer
- member of musical group Shankar Mahadevan & Javed Akhtar
- read more about Javed Akhtar (poet)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Javed Akhtar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Javed Akhtar
Photo credit: Meenakshi Payal
Video language resources about Javed Akhtar
Click on an item to play that video:
- Javed Akhtar on how poetry can travel across language.
Readings of Javed Akhtar's poetry by Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi. Chaired by Swati Gautam.
- Language Stay Alive On Economic Utilty - Javed Akhtar
Dia Mirza, Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar were clicked at Cinema 100, an event organized by Whistling Woods International in Mumbai. Get more updates on ...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Javed Akhtar to see it in context!