On this page:
- Definition of the adjective instrumental
- Definition of the noun instrumental
- Phrases with Instrumental
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Instrumental
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Instrumental
- Photos about Instrumental
- Video language resources about Instrumental
- Sign language
- Quotes about Instrumental
- Scrabble value of I1N1S1T1R1U1M3E1N1T1A1L1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective instrumental
What does instrumental mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more instrumental / most instrumental
- relating to or designed for or performed on musical instruments
- serving or acting as a means or aid
Alternative definition of the adjective instrumental
- Acting as an instrument; serving as a means; contributing to promote; conductive; helpful; serviceable; essential or central.
- [music] Pertaining to, made by, or prepared for, an instrument, especially a musical instrument; as, 'instrumental' music, distinguished from 'vocal' music.
- [grammar] Applied to a case expressing means or agency—and is generally indicated in English by 'by' or 'with' with the objective; as, the 'instrumental' case. This is found in Sanskrit as a separate case, but in Greek it was merged into the dative, and in Latin into the ablative. In Old English it was a separate case, but has disappeared, leaving only a few anomalous forms. It continues to be used in Slavic languages.
Definition of the noun instrumental
What does instrumental mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: instrumentals
- [context: uncountable, grammar] The instrumental case.
- [context: countable, music] A composition without lyrics.
Instrumental is a musical group, record producers.
- albums: "Acoustek", "60 Buddhas"
- official website: www.instrumentality.co.uk
- Instrumental: An instrumental is a musical composition or recording without lyrics, or singing, although it might include some inarticulate vocal input; the music is primarily or exclusively produced by musical instruments.
- also known as מוּזִיקָה אִינְסְטְרוּמֶנְטָלִית, קטע כלי, 器樂
- "Instrumental" is a composition.
Phrases with Instrumental
- Instrumental case
- instrumental role
- instrumental music
- Instrumental Width
- Instrumental Version
- Instrumental rationality
- instrumental conditioning
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Instrumental
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Kraut
take pleasure in the sight of things we take to be instrumental means to things we value for themselves, Aristotle's point in IX.9 seems to be about the sort of intrinsic pleasure we take in the sight of things we ...
by Bruno Nettl, Ruth M. Stone, James Porter, Timothy Rice
Gat Forms and Styles Improvisation Performance Contexts and Program Design Performers Instrumental music within the North Indian classical tradition ranges from the manipulation of improvisational models to the repetition of relatively ...
discriminative stimuli S R outcome instrumental action representations lever- pressing ...
by Diagram Group
rhapsody An instrumental fantasia, often based on ...
by Claire M. Renzetti, Jeffrey L. Edleson
Instrumental violence is goal-oriented aggression or violence that occurs as a by- product of an individual's attempting to achieve a superordinate goal. Early 20th- century theorist Edward Thorndike's law of effect is useful in understanding the ...
by Ian Stolerman
Instrumental. Aversive. Conditioning. ▷ Operant Behavior in Animals ▷ Operant Conditioning ▷ Passive Avoidance...
Instrumental. Conditioning. ANTHONY DICKINSON Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, ...
by Ghaoui, Claude
—its possession and use serves self-expressive functions beyond the mere instrumental (e.g., Wicklund & Gollwitzer, 1982). To summarize, an appealing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Instrumental
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Instrumental
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jingles the Pirate
Photo credit: TheWanderingAmerican
The guitar's tunes filling every corner of the bar.
Photo credit: Tom Mrazek
Photo credit: [email protected]
- Dude26 Instrumental Plattenklauer
Free for privat and commercial use
Photo credit: Wendelin Jacober
- Vibrasonic- Instrumental Vibrations
Photo credit: Mutant Surfing
- The Swagmen- Instrumental Surf Rock Untitled
Photo credit: Mutant Surfing
- Instrumental bit..
Photo credit: Smoobs
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Instrumental
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Shins New Slang (Instrumental)
- "Gangsta Slang" Agressive Hip-Hop/Rap Instrumental Beat
Prod. by TheInfectedBeatz/Thomas Haydari-Nejat. [email protected] Good for double-time :D.
- Olivia Tremor Control - - Explanation II: Instrumental Themes And Dream Sequences (Full Album)
Support the artist, buy the music...
- The Shins - New Slang (Instrumental)
The Shins - New Slang (Instrumental)
- 1937 Hudson-DeLange - Definition Of Swing (instrumental) (restored)
Somewhat offbeat--but still swinging--instrumental, featuring a clarinet solo by Gus Bivona LP audio courtesy of The Rick Colom Collection, originally issued on ...
- Depeche Mode - Meaning of Love instrumental
Instrumental version meaning of Love by depeche mode.
- Abraham-Hicks: Definition of Enlightenment 2011 (Ryan Farish Chasing The Sun Instrumental)
Excerpted from the Agape Conference, Los Angeles, CA 04/16/2011 All recorded and printed Abraham-Hicks materials are copyrighted by Jerry and Esther ...
- Wanted Music for Super Smash Bros. 4 - "The Meaning of Truth" (Instrumental)
The instrumental version of "The Meaning of Truth" from the anime F-Zero: GP Legend.
- FREE BEAT stoner instrumental produced by idiom FREE INSTRUMENTAL - SunkenSoundsTV SUBSCRIBE
FOLLOW SUNKEN SOUNDS ON SOUNDCLOUD...
- A Visitor From Another Meaning feat. Fred Ventura - Neon Lights (Instrumental)
- To Be Instrumental In Doing Something - Vocabulary Builder 3 - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Lady Gaga - Alejandro - Official Instrumental [HD] 720p Definition
- Instrumental Meaning
Video shows what instrumental means. Acting as an instrument; serving as a means; contributing to promote; conductive; helpful; serviceable; essential or ...
- Standard Tuning (Eb) Instrumental explanation
- Instrumental Vocabulary
- Pavel Veretennikov & Dmitry Bocharoff - Meaning (Instrumental)
Written and played in 2006.
- FREE DOWNLOAD INSTRUMENTAL! Slang Yung - The Undertaker Theme Rap (INST)
- Monrose - Definition of a Woman (Instrumental + Backroundvocals)
- American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem FULL INSTRUMENTAL COVER
full instrumental cover of American Slang by The Gaslight Anthem using: Audacity ESP LTD EC-100 Digitech RP-155 Line 6 Spider III 15watt Yamaha YPT-300.
- Some Instrumental Variables Jargon: Causal Inference Bootcamp
- Verb T - Everybody Needs (Instrumental)
- Porter Robinson - Language (Instrumental Mix) [FULL] (HD)
Instrumental Version/Edit of Porter Robinson's Language. DISCLAIMER: all rights go to Porter Robinson and Ministry of Sound.
- A Noun is a Person, Place, or Thing! (Instrumental)
LYRICS: Well every person you can know, And every place that you can go, And anything that you can show, You know they're nouns. A noun's a special kind of ...
- INSTRUMENTAL "sombre histoire" by OLSENDADY (telechargement en description)
instrumental qualiter "wave" en telechargement...
- Love Is A Verb (Instrumental Cover) - John Mayer
Layered some random stuff together with garageband.
See also the pronunciation examples of Instrumental!
Sign Language (Outro) (OMYOP) | Flo Musique (Instrumental)
Quotes about Instrumental
Scrabble value of I1N1S1T1R1U1M3E1N1T1A1L1
The value of this 12-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Instrumental to see it in context!