Illinois appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nurses on television, ill, in Illinois: I’ve let noses run.
- Ali names it in a series on television ("Ill in Illinois"): "I’ve let nose ire sanitise Manila."
- To lay a bat at embarcaderos’ necrotic Illinois, I’ve let a non-rutting nit turn on a television (illicit or censored) a crab met at a bay a lot.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun illinois
- Definition of the adjective illinois
- Phrases with Illinois
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Illinois
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Illinois
- Photos about Illinois
- Videos about Illinois
- Quotes about Illinois
- Scrabble value of I1L1L1I1N1O1I1S1
- Anagrams of ILLINOIS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun illinois
What does illinois mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a midwestern state in north-central United States
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Illinois: IL / Ill. / Land of Lincoln / Prairie State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: middle west / Midwest / midwestern United States = the north central region of the United States; America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean
- Cairo = a town at the southern tip of Illinois at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers
- Carbondale = a town in southern Illinois
- Champaign = a university town in east central Illinois adjoining Urbana
- Windy City / Chicago = largest city in Illinois
- Decatur = a city in central Illinois
- East Saint Louis = a town in southwest Illinois on the Mississippi across from Saint Louis
- Moline = a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
- Peoria = a city in central Illinois on the Illinois River
- Rockford = a city in northern Illinois
- Rock Island = a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
- capital of Illinois / Springfield = capital of the state of Illinois
- Urbana = a university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign
- Illinois River = a river in Illinois that flows southwest to the Mississippi River
- Little Wabash River / Little Wabash = a river in eastern Illinois that flows southeastward to the Wabash River
- a member of the Algonquian people formerly of Illinois and regions to the west
- the Algonquian language of the Illinois and Miami
Definition of the adjective illinois
What does illinois mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Of or relating to the [w, Miami-Illinois language].
- Illinois is a state in the Midwestern United States. It is the 5th most populous and 25th most extensive state, and is often noted as a microcosm of the entire country. With Chicago in the northeast, small industrial cities and great agricultural productivity in central and northern Illinois, and natural resources like coal, timber, and petroleum in the south, Illinois has a diverse economic base and is a major transportation hub. The Port of Chicago connects the state to other global ports from the Great Lakes, via the Saint Lawrence Seaway, to the Atlantic Ocean; as well as the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River, via the Illinois River. For decades, O'Hare International Airport has been ranked as one of the world's busiest airports. Illinois has long had a reputation as a bellwether both in social and cultural terms and politics.
- Illinois Avenue is a light rail station located in the Oak Cliff neighborhood of Dallas, Texas on Denley Drive, north of Illinois Avenue. It opened on June 14, 1996, and is a station on the DART Blue Line, serving nearby residences and businesses, featuring bus service to Mountain View College, Fair Park, the Dallas VA Medical Center, and Paul Quinn College. This was the initial southern terminus for the Blue Line until it expanded to Ledbetter in May 1997.
- also known as Illinois Station
- Illinois a.k.a. is a Postal Code.
There are other places with in their name, like Illinois Bend, Illinois City, Illinois College, Southern Illinois, Illinois Territory, Illinois State Museum, Illinois State Prison, University of Illinois, Illinois State University, Eastern Illinois University, Western Illinois University, Amboy Illinois Central Depot, Great River Road in Illinois, Illinois Wesleyan University, Northern Illinois University, Southern Illinois University, Southwestern Illinois College, Illinois Institute of Technology, Northeastern Illinois University.
Illinois is an American indie rock band from Bucks County, Pennsylvania fronted by singer/guitarist/banjoist/keyboardist Chris Archibald. The other members of the band are Martin Hoeger, John Paul Kuyper and Jason Buzolits. The band is occasionally accompanied on stage by Scott Labor, Craig Labor, and Dee Jay Skipmode. To date, the band has released four albums, while a fifth is slated for a 2013 release.
- genres: Indie rock, Folk rock, Alternative rock, Indie folk
- albums: "Daytrotter Session", "What the Hell Do I Know?", "Revenge of Some Kid", "The Adventures of Kid Catastrophe", "The Adventures of Kid Catastrophe: Deluxe Edition", "Lemonade Stand", "We Were Wrong"
- official website: www.illinoistheband.com
- "Illinois" is a 2005 concept album by American indie folk songwriter Sufjan Stevens. It is his fifth studio album, and features songs referencing places, events, and persons related to the U.S. state of Illinois. Illinois is Stevens' second based on a U.S. state—part of a planned series of fifty that began with the 2003 album Michigan and that Stevens has since acknowledged was a gag.
- "Illinois" is the official state song of the U.S. state of Illinois. Written by Charles H. Chamberlain and composed by Archibald Johnston, "Illinois" became the state song by an act of the 54th Illinois General Assembly.
- "Illinois" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Dan Fogelberg
- "Illinois" is a musical album of Mila Drumke.
- released in (19 years ago)
"Illinois" is a book by Richard R. Jensen.
- also known as "Illinois: a history"
- Illinois a.k.a. Miami-Illinois language: Miami-Illinois is a Native American Algonquian language formerly spoken in the United States, primarily in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, western Ohio and adjacent areas along the Mississippi River by the tribes of the Illinois Confederacy, including the Kaskaskia, Peoria, Tamaroa, Cahokia, and Mitchigamea. Since the 1990s the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma has worked to revive it in a joint project with Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
- read more about Miami-Illinois language
- Illinois a.k.a. SS Illinois was an iron passenger-cargo steamship built by William Cramp & Sons in 1873. The last of a series of four Pennsylvania-class vessels, Illinois and her three sister ships—Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana—were the largest iron ships ever built in the United States at the time of their construction, and amongst the first to be fitted with compound steam engines. They were also the first ships to challenge British dominance of the transatlantic trade since the American Civil War.
- read more about SS Illinois
- The Illinois was a fireboat operated by the Chicago Fire Department. She was commissioned in 1888, and she was then described as the most powerful fireboat afloat. She was one of the first fireboats to have a steel hull at a time when other fireboats were built of wood.
- Illinois: A state in the central midwest United States. Its capital is Springfield.
Phrases with Illinois
Phrases starting with the word Illinois:
- Illinois Pinweed
- Illinois Dewberry
- Illinois Hawthorn
- Illinois Ironweed
- Illinois Pondweed
- Illinois Flatsedge
- Illinois Greenbrier
- Illinois Nimblewill
- Illinois Tickclover
- Illinois Woodsorrel
- Illinois Bladderfern
- Illinois Chorus Frog
- Illinois Ticktrefoil
- Illinois Bundleflower
- Illinois Cave Amphipod
- Illinois Horse-Gentian
Phrases ending with the word Illinois:
View more phrases with the word Illinois in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Illinois
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Or, What Pythagoras Wrought by Underwood Dudley
using the best numerological principles, that Illinois is the golden state. The telephone area code 618 (l/<p = .618. . .) and the ...
by Ray Wiggers
Preface Illinois is a flat and boring state, pure and simple. It's a place to get through as quickly as possible. It is nothing but cornfields and crowded expressways. If you want to see beautiful scenery, go somewhere else. If you're interested in ...
Discovering How Your Future Can Be Greater Than Your Past by Dutch Sheets, Chuck Pierce
Illinois is a Horeb place. Mount Horeb is the same as Mount Sinai. These were used interchangeably in Scripture. Moses went up and received the laws, the government, there; the patterns or plans of God were given there. The Lord said ...
Basic Illinois Government (1993)
A Systematic Explanation by David Kenney, Barbara L. Brown
Downstate The contribution that downstate makes to the political landscape of Illinois is the key to understanding statewide...
Downstate Illinois is a blending of solidly Republican and equally solidly Democratic areas that combine to make a ...
FIVE-VOLUME SET by Paul Robbins
In the far northwest corner of Illinois is an area that...
Illinois Wines and Wineries (2014)
The Essential Guide by Clara Orban
” Illinois is a relative newcomer to the tradition of wine ...
by William A. Lorimer
gerly, Eighth Illinois Cavalry; Silas Valentine, Fourteenth Illinois Cavalry; W. D. Swift andJohn Stevenson, Ninth Iowa Cavalry; G. L. Moore, Second Iowa Cavalry ; H. M. Boone, First Colorado Infantry; Eli C. Crosley, First Mississippi Marine ...
Encyclopedia of Disasters (2007)
Environmental Catastrophes and Human Tragedies by Angus Macleod Gunn
lllinois/lndiana/Missouri tornado March 18, 1925 Three states were affected, Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana The main locations hit in the course of the three- state rampage were Ellington, Missouri, southern Illinois, and Princeton, Indiana Widely ...
by C H Wendel
Annawan Antique Alley Mary Wheeler Annawan, Illinois Antique America Cheryle Fry Davenport, Iowa Antique & Specialty Center Don and Sharon Hanebuth Anchorage, Alaska Shafer & Sons Clock Co. Antique Mall Rockford, Illinois Antique ...
by Jan Onofrio
graduated from the law department of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in 1911; was admitted to the bar the same year and commenced practice in Muskogee, Oklahoma; moved to Quincy, Illinois, in 1913 and continued the practice of ...
by William L. Barney
• Political party: Democrat • Education: sporadic schooling in private academics • Government service: Illinois state attorney, 1834–35; Illinois House of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Illinois
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Illinois
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Illinois
Click on an item to play that video:
- Illinois Lottery TV Commercial from Slang Musicgroup.
Slang Musicgroup TV Commercial for the Illinois Lottery.
- Illinois Meaning
Video shows what Illinois means. A Capital: Springfield. Largest city: Chicago.. Illinois Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Illinois meaning and pronunciation
A state that feels more like a large city surrounded by farmland. Most people who live in this state feel that it is divided into two areas--Chicago and Downstate.
- Progress Illinois: Outraged Parents Seek Explanation For CPS Budget Cuts
Officials from Chicago Public Schools (CPS) had few answers Wednesday night for community residents outraged over devastating district-wide budget cuts that ...
- Pearl Spring Illinois - First Movie with Explanation
- Progress Illinois: Outraged Parents Seek Explanation For CPS Budget Cuts
- AUTISM SOCIETY OF ILLINOIS, DISCUSSES AUTISM VERBIAGE, JARGON , THERAPIES FOR AUTISM
- Illinois drill explanation
- Illinois Freedom Run 2013 Meaning of Memorial
- Hunger bowl, a whole new meaning- Illinois picker
- Illinois Open Technology Challenge Rules Explanation
- Power profile - Christina Savoie - NIU Speech-Language Pathology - Northern Illinois
- TURQUOISE ART & LANGUAGE CONTEST 2014 at Rosemont Theater Chicago, Illinois -April 12, 2014
Various cultures such as Turkic, Hispanic, Balkanic, Indian and African performed 11 songs & 14 folk dances in the event. The minute it starts 0:22:00 1. Zaynah ...
- Rainy Illinois Marathon! Patty Gives A Description
- Illinois Language Course, Dominican University
- Illinois Speech Language Pathologists Continuing Education and License Renewals
- The Illinois Policy Institute's Collin Hitt speaks on policies for English Language Learners
On November 18, 2008 the Illinois Policy Institute hosted a forum on English Language Learner policy in Chicago. Illinois state law requires schools to offer ...
- Lps Vlog #1 In Illinois check description
- The Love Language performing at IMCFest in Urbana, Illinois on 4/17/09
- Speech Language Pathology Education in Illinois | IL
- Description of Aug. 4 Storms in Central Illinois
- Champaign, IL: Otis Hydraulic Elevators in Foreign Language Building in Illinois University
Elevator Information Type: Otis Fixtures: Outside-Innovation Inside-Lexan Floors Served: 5 (G,*1-4) Ride Quality: Good.
See also the pronunciation examples of Illinois!
Quotes about Illinois
There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen. (James Lovell)
more quotes about illinois...
Scrabble value of I1L1L1I1N1O1I1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ILLINOIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Illinois!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Illinois to see it in context!