On this page:
- Definition of the adjective Healthful
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for healthful
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for healthful
- Photo about healthful
- Video language resources about healthful
- Quotes about healthful
- Scrabble value of H4E1A1L1T1H4F4U1L1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective Healthful
What does Healthful mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more healthful / most healthful
- conducive to good health of body or mind
- examples: a healthful climate | a healthful environment | healthful nutrition | healthful sleep | Dickens's relatively healthful exuberance
- antonym: unhealthful
- similar: anthelminthic / anthelmintic / helminthic / parasiticidal; antimicrobial / antimicrobic; carminative / flatus-relieving; cathartic / psychotherapeutic; alterative / curative / healing / remedial / sanative / therapeutic; drugless; good / salutary; medicative / medicinal; organic; orthomolecular; preventative / preventive / prophylactic; recuperative / restorative
- see also: antiseptic; wholesome
- free from filth and pathogens
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for healthful
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Readable Dictionary (1860)
by John Williams (of Lancaster, O.)
ealthful signifies promotive of health; as, a healthful climate, a 'healthful occupation. Saws [salutis], health.
by John Ogilvie
HEALTHFUL 478 HEART There is no health in us. 3. * Salvation or divine favour or grace. Ps. lxvii. 2. 'Take also the helmet or headpiece of health," or true health in Jesus Christ; for there is no health in any other name; not the health of a gray ...
To which is Prefixed, a Grammar of the English Language by J. Johnson
wholesome; healthful; safe; ...
The writer's and student's assistant: or, A compendious dictionary, rendering the more common words and phrases in the English language into the more elegant or scholastic (1838)
by John Henry Brady
See Healthful. HEALTH (improved in) — convalescent. HEALTH Cone in weak)— valetudinarian, invalid. HEALTHFUL— salubrious, salutiferous, salutary, wholesome. HEALTHY.
by Funk & Wagnalls Company
hale, healthful, hearty, hygienic, salubrious, 692 wholesome. Healthy is most correctly used to signify possessing or enjoying health or its results; as, a healthy person; a healthy condition. Healthful signifies promotive of health, tending or ...
One Main Object of Which, Is, to Establish a Plain and Permanent Standard Pronunciation. : To which is Prefixed a Rhetorical Grammar by Thomas Sheridan
Wholfome, healthful, promoting health. - SALUBRITY, să-lü'-brỷ-tỷ. f. Wholfomenefs, healthfulnefs. SALVE, sålv'. f. A glutinous matter applied to wounds and hurts, an emplaster; help, remedy. - - To SALVE, sålv/. v. a. To cure with medicaments ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for healthful
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about healthful
Breath Perfume, fragrant & healthful (front)
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
Video language resources about healthful
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of healthful!
Quotes about healthful
When important decisions have to be taken, the natural anxiety to come to a right decision will often keep you awake. Nothing, however, is more conducive to healthful sleep than plenty of open air. (John Lubbock)
more quotes about healthful...
Scrabble value of H4E1A1L1T1H4F4U1L1
The value of this 9-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of healthful to see it in context!