On this page:
"Get Low": Taking a leading role for the first time in several years, American legend Robert Duvall gives a performance of wisdom and nuance in Get Low. Complemented by a first-rate cast that includes Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek and Lucas Black, this classic story from a bygone era unfolds with quiet majesty.
- also known as Get Low - A Lenda de Felix Bush, Ennen aikojaan, Büyük sir, Segredos de um Funeral, The Funeral Party, Mesibat ha'halvaya sheli, Az po grób, Le grand jour, Am Ende des Weges
- countries: United States of America, Poland, Germany
- language: English Language
- director: Aaron Schneider
- producers: Dean Zanuck & David Gundlach
- executive producers: Rob Carliner, Daniel Baur, Scott Fischer, Robert Duvall, Don Mandrik, David Ginsberg, Dariusz Gasiorowski, Alain Midzic, C. Gaby Mitchell, Joey Rappa, Oliver Simon, Brandie Park, Brad Park, Konrad Wojterkowski, Harrison Zanuck, Chris Provenzano, Beth W. Crookham & Blerim Destani
- production design by Geoffrey Kirkland
- art direction by Korey Washington
- written by Chris Provenzano & C. Gaby Mitchell
- based on a story by Scott Seeke & Chris Provenzano
- Robert Duvall as Felix Bush
- Bill Murray as Frank Quinn
- Sissy Spacek as Mattie Darrow
- Scott Cooper as Carl
- Bill Cobbs as Rev. Charlie Jackson
- Gerald McRaney as Horton
- Andrea Powell as Bonnie
- Lucas Black as Buddy
- Lori Beth Edgeman as Kathryn Robinson
- Linds Edwards as WKNG Announcer
- Tomasz Karolak as Orville
- Chandler Riggs as Tom
- Danny Vinson as Grier
- Blerim Destani as Gary
- Andrew Stahl as Photographer
- Marc Gowan as Mr. Feldman
- Arin Logan as Mary Lee Stroup
- Gracie as Bush's Mule
- Randy Bratton as Funeral Attendee #1
- Frances Cobb as Funeral Party Attendee
- Alex Corrado as Phil Norton
- Rob Crowe as Wealthy Townsman
- Jym Davis as Funeral Attendee #2
- Calvin Gilmore as Barber
- Travis Grant as Funeral Attendee #3
- Shawn Knowles as Funeral Attendee #4
- Bella Marina Marcello as Funeral Scene Child
- Jade Moser as Town Girl
- Nick Searcy as Dinner-game guest
- Catherine Thornton as Funeral Attendee #5
- Kirsten Van Wagner as Funeral Attendee #6
- Alexis Walters as Wealthy Town Girl
- Rebecca Grant as Joan
- casting by Craig Fincannon & Lisa Mae Fincannon
- cinematography by David Boyd
- edited by Aaron Schneider
- music by Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
- costume design by Julie Weiss
- set decoration by Frank Galline
- locations: Crawfordville, Atlanta, Dallas
- genres: Mystery, Drama
- tagline: Every secret dies somewhere.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (6 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama (SONY PICTURES CLASSICS) nomination for Robert Duvall
- Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture (SONY PICTURES CLASSICS) nomination for Bill Murray
- Satellite Award for Best Motion Picture - Drama nomination for Sony Pictures Classics
- Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Chris Provenzano & C. Gaby Mitchell
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor nomination for Robert Duvall
- ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards - Period Film nomination for Geoffrey Kirkland, Korey Washington, James Passanante, Chris Hunter, Kevin Fleming, Sean Bernard, Lee Ivey, Cindy Jordan, Frank Galline
- Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature nomination for Aaron Schneider, Dean Zanuck, David Gundlach
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male nomination for Bill Murray
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (Role: Felix Bush) nomination for Robert Duvall
- Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature, received by Aaron Schneider, David Gundlach, Dean Zanuck
- official website: www.getlowthefilm.com
- "Get Low" is a song by Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz featuring Ying Yang Twins, released in 2003. It is featured on the 2002 album Kings of Crunk. The song reached number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 20 on the US Hot Digital Songs. It was number five on the top Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs of 2003. It is also known as a breakthrough single for the crunk genre, as the song's success helped it become mainstream.
- "Get Low" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Waka Flocka Flame, released on June 5, 2012 as the third single from his second studio album, Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family. The song was produced by Boi-1da, DJ Speedy and Breyan Issac. It features verses from American rappers Nicki Minaj and Tyga. The chorus is sang by Flo Rida.
- "Get Low" is a musical single of Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz.
- also known as Get Low (Remix)
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Get Low" LP is the second compilation album by rapper Romeo. It includes guest performances by Colby O'Donis, Akon, Young V, Rich Boyz, Bobby V and Marques Houston. It contained early songs & new songs from him. The album debuted at #149 on the Billboard 200.
- "Get Low" is a 2012 single by Waka Flocka Flame.
- released on
- Get Low: The music video of the Get Low song by Lil Jon and The East Side Boyz featuring Ying Yang Twins.
- "Get Low" is a musical single of DJ Snake & Dillon Francis.
- released on
- "Get Low" is a musical single of First State.
- released on
Get Low is a 2014 single by American electronic music producer Dillon Francis and French DJ and producer DJ Snake. Accompanied by a music video, the song became very popular in European night venues and in zumba exercise classes. The entire song consists of the following lyrics, "Get low when the whistle go", while interspersed with some exclamations like "Barbes, Yalla Habibi", tongue rolling and feminine screaming. The song is an available track on the rhythm game Just Dance 2015. This song is featured in the Furious 7 trailer.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Get Low
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Father Hunger (2012)
Why God Calls Men to Love and Lead Their Families by Douglas Wilson
Being ambitious to get low is a great purifier.
The Contemporary Review (1890)
But letting the steam get low is a crime not soon forgiven by the chief, and the engineer drives and urges on the firemen, who go round the fires with rake, slice, and shovel, till the sweat pours off them in streams. " Coal! coal !" The coal is being ...
The Engineer (1890)
With which is Incorporated Steam Engineering
But letting the steam get low is a crime not soon forgiven by the chief, and the engineer drives and urges on the firemen, who go round the fires with rake, slice and shovel till the sweat pours off them in streams. " Coal ! coal !" The coal is being ...
To get low (a fire), to faint away and die. part. act. Extinct ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Get Low (09, Aaron Schneider); playing himself in Zombieland.
by A. Whelan
or styrene butadiene rubbers are added, it is possible to get low shrinkage SMC ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Get Low
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Get Low
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Get Low
Photo credit: cjmartin
- Get low
via Instagram ift.tt/2uEbrSg
Photo credit: eddiecoyote
- Get low
A step group takes advantage of a stage set-up in the park to practice for their Aug. 7 performance.
Photo credit: alaina.buzas
- Get Low
Photo credit: d K arjadi
- Get Low - Portrait
Photo credit: savagecats
- Peak Get Low
Photo credit: pasa47
- Get Low - Infra Red
Photo credit: savagecats
- Rah and Kritsi Get Low
Photograph courtesy of Raiko
Photo credit: Dplanet::
- Get low.
Photo credit: LikeSpinningPlates
Video about Get Low
Smarty Pants intro to the true meaning of"Get Low
See also the pronunciation examples of Get Low!
Quotes about Get Low
The Lord had been very gracious, and spoke peace to me in the time of my distress, and I now most ungratefully turned again to folly; at times I felt sharp reproof, but I did not get low enough to cry for help. (John Woolman)
Anagrams of GET LOW
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- TWO LEG
See also the blanagrams of Get Low!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Get Low to see it in context!