On this page:
- Definition of the noun Germania
- Phrases with Germania
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Germania
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Germania
- Photos about Germania
- Videos about Germania
- Scrabble value of G2E1R1M3A1N1I1A1
- Anagrams of GERMANIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Germania
What does Germania mean as a name of something?
Germania is a genus of Lamiaceae.
- synonym: genus Germania
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Tracheophyta
- class: Magnoliopsida
- order: Lamiales
- family: Lamiaceae
"Germania" is a painting by Philipp Veit created in March 1848 during the Revolutions of 1848. This allegorical figure is represented with the imperial Eagle, oak leaves, a hemp branch, and a banner.
- completed in (168 years ago)
"Germania" is a book by Heiner Müller.
- "Germania" is an operatic dramma lirico consisting of a prologue, two acts, an intermezzo and an epilogue by Alberto Franchetti to an Italian libretto by Luigi Illica. The opera premiered on March 11, 1902 at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan.
- "Germania" a.k.a. "Live in Germania" is the first live album by Swedish black metal band Marduk. It was recorded at four venues in Germany during the Heaven Shall Burn 1996 tour, engineered and edited at The Abyss, and released on July 7, 1997 by Osmose Productions. The album was originally announced by the band as titled The Black Years, but this was later opted out. Live in Germania is the only Marduk album to feature Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy, and also the band's mixer, on guitar.
- read more about Live in Germania
- "Germania" is a patriotic song by Ludwig van Beethoven written in order to celebrate the victory against Napoleon.
- music and lyrics by Ludwig van Beethoven
- "Germania" is a musical album of Jane.
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Germania" is a musical album of Stahlgewitter.
- "Germania" is a 2012 film written by Maximiliano Schonfeld and Rafael Cardelli and directed by Maximiliano Schonfeld.
- country: Argentina
- languages: Spanish Language, German Language
- producers: Fernando Brom, Bárbara Francisco, Maximiliano Schonfeld
- art direction by Laura Gamberg
- written by Rafael Cardelli & Maximiliano Schonfeld
- music by Jackson Souvenirs
- released in
- read more about Germania (film)
- "Germania" is a 1998 short film written and directed by Hrysostomos Krikellis.
- countries: Austria, Greece
- language: Greek Language
- director: Kris Krikellis
- producer: Kris Krikellis
- written by Kris Krikellis
- cinematography by Robert Winkler
- edited by Frank Soiron & Kris Krikellis
- music by Eric Spitzer
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Germania" is a film.
Who is Germania?
Germania a.k.a. Anja Rupel is a Slovene pop singer, songwriter, radio announcer, and journalist. Her father, Fedja Rupel, is a flautist and a professor at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana, and her uncle is the politician and diplomat Dimitrij Rupel.
- read more about Anja Rupel (singer)
- Germania is a town in Shawano County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 339 at the 2000 census.
- GERMANIA a.k.a. The Half Moon is a racing sailboat which sank in 1930 near Miami, Florida, United States. It is located outside Bear Cut off Key Biscayne. Originally christened Germania, the racing yacht was built by Krupp-Germania-Werft in 1908 in Kiel, Germany. In 1914 the yacht visited Southampton, England, to water and was taken as a prize of war. After changing hands several times, and suffering at the hands of an especially violent storm off Virginia, the yacht became a floating restaurant and dance hall off Miami, Florida, sinking near Key Biscayne in 1930. It became the seventh Florida Underwater Archaeological Preserve when it was dedicated in 2000. This was followed on May 31, 2001 with its addition to the US National Register of Historic Places.
- read more about Half Moon
- Germania stamps are definitive stamps that were issued by the German Empire and the Weimar Republic between 1900 and 1922, depicting Germania. They represent the longest running series in German philately and are in their many variations and derivations an essential part of German philatelic collections.
- Germania: Germanies were guilds of artisans in the Kingdom of Valencia in Spain. Each germania represented a single trade. The germanies are similar to the hermandades of Castile, which were paramilitary law-enforcement militias. Similar to the hermandades, the Germanies at times took up arms to defend Valencia against raids from the Barbary pirates, but this privilege was revoked and the Germanies suppressed after they revolted against the royal government of King Charles I of Spain.
Phrases with Germania
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Germania
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Early Germans (2009)
by Kathryn Hinds
Germania is a short book, but full of so many interesting subjects, it is difficult to summarize. Along with the topics we have already looked at, Tacitus described the importance of hospitality, the common occurrence of feuds, the punishments for ...
by Winter, Clark
The Germania is an ethnographic treatise; the Agricola is a biography, but also contains an ethnographic digression (10–12) and ...
Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, Etc.; a Biographical Directory of Its Citizens, War Record of Its Volunteers in the Late Rebellion; General and Local Statistics; Portraits of Early Settlers and Prominent Men; History of the Northwest, History of Illinois, Map of Adams County, Constitution of the United States, Miscellaneous Matters, Etc., Etc
The Germania is an influential journal, and is largely patronized by the citizens of Quinc . The ofiice is at 520 Hampshire street. T e Quincy Oornmercial Review.— This journal was first started in 1871 by its present proprietor, Mr.. Addison L.
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
GERMANIA, jér-mâni-a: general name under which the Romans designated, not only a great part of modern Germany, but also a portion of Belgium and the n. and n.e. districts of Gaul; the last two being especially characterized as “ Germania ...
For the Use of Counting-houses: Containing, the History, Places of Growth, Culture, Use, and Marks of Excellency, of Such Natural Productions, as Form Articles of Commerce; with Their Names in All European Languages by C. H. Kauffman
Nero di Germania. G. Frankfurter schwärze, S. Negro di Germania. Kupferdruker schwärze. P. Negro di Germania. This black is made of the lees of wine, burnt, washed in water, and ground in mills, ...
by Seth William Stevenson, Frederic William Madden
—GERMANIA. Antoninus Pius, Commodus, Severus; nscu, as in Trajan; rnancur & corms, as in Constantinus M.-—G0'rni on coins of Probus and Tacitus. The accompanying types to these are for the most part n woman ...
Lexicon universae rei numariae veterum et praecipue graecorum ac romanorum cum observationibus antiquariis geographicis ... edidit Io. Christophorus Rasche. Praefatus est Christ. Gottl. Heyne (1804)
Supplementorum tomus secundus. Cons-H. Curae secundae primis praestant
Germania' . v.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Germania
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Germania
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Germania, Taube
- Germania, Type C
- Germania, Type C
- Germania Airbus A321-211 | D-ASTW | BSL
Germania Airbus A321-211 after the touchdown in Basel
Photo credit: _dxme
- Air Berlin (Germania) Boeing 737-75B D-AGEL
This work by Martin Teschner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Germany License.
Photo credit: martinteschner
- Germania Airbus A319-112 | HB-JOG (ZRH)
Germania Airbus A319-112 approaching at zurich airport (RWY14)
Photo credit: _dxme
Videos about Germania
Click on an item to play that video:
- Germania Meaning
Video shows what Germania means. Several geographical regions of different historical periods that were mainly inhabited by Germanic peoples.. Germania ...
- Soggiorno linguistico Friburgo, Germania, con ESL -- Soggiorni linguistici
Richiedi un catalogo gratuito all'indirizzo "Richiedi un catalogo gratuito all'indirizzo...
See also the pronunciation examples of Germania!
Scrabble value of G2E1R1M3A1N1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GERMANIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Germania!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Germania to see it in context!