On this page:
- Definition of the noun flypaper
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Flypaper
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Flypaper
- Photos about Flypaper
- Video language resources about Flypaper
- Quotes about Flypaper
- Scrabble value of F4L1Y4P3A1P3E1R1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun flypaper
What does flypaper mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: flypapers
- paper that is poisoned or coated with a sticky substance to kill flies
- "Flypaper" is a 2011 crime fiction comedy film written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, and directed by Rob Minkoff.
- also known as Untitled Bank Heist Comedy
- countries: United States of America, Germany
- language: English Language
- producers: Mark Damon, Peter Safran, Patrick Dempsey & Moshe Diamant
- executive producers: Joannie Burstein, Tamara Stuparich De La Barra, Gregory M. Walker, Gudrun Giddings, Christian Arnold-Beutel, Marcus Schöfer, Tilo Seiffert, Bobby Ranghelov, Nick Thurlow & Steven A. Frankel
- production design by James A. Gelarden & Alec Hammond
- art direction by Kevin Hardison
- written by Jon Lucas & Scott Moore
- Patrick Dempsey as Tripp Kennedy
- Ashley Judd as Kaitlin
- Jeffrey Tambor as Gordon Blythe
- Tim Blake Nelson as Peanut Butter
- Mekhi Phifer as Darrien
- Pruitt Taylor Vince as Jelly
- Curtis Armstrong as Mitchell Wolf
- Octavia Spencer as Madge Wiggins
- Rob Huebel as Rex Newbauer
- John Ventimiglia as Weinstein
- Matt Ryan as Gates
- Adrian Martinez as Mr. Clean
- Natalia Safran as Swiss Miss
- Eddie Matthews as Jack Hayes
- Rob Boltin as Credit Manager
- James DuMont as Detective
- Judy Durning as Elderly Customer
- Joseph Nemmers as Cop
- Victor Palacios as E.M.T. #1
- Raymond Rivera as Hector the Janitor
- Crystal Kung as News Reporter #1
- Tamara Stuparich De La Barra as News Reporter #2
- Monica Acosta as Bank Customer #1
- Beau Brasso as E.M.T. #2
- Ashley Braud as News Reporter #3
- Thomas C. Daniel as Sgt. Sharpe
- Kasey Amanda as Bank Customer #2
- Amber Gaiennie as Reporter
- Ashley Elizabeth Hebert as Bank Customer #3
- casting by Kerry Barden & Paul Schnee
- cinematography by Steven B. Poster
- edited by Tom Finan
- music by John Swihart
- costume design by Mona May
- location: Baton Rouge
- genres: Crime Fiction, Comedy
- released on
- official website: www.ifcfilms.com/films/flypaper
- "Flypaper" is a 1997 crime feature film starring Craig Sheffer, Robert Loggia, Sadie Frost, Talisa Soto and Lucy Liu. It was written and directed by Klaus Hoch.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Thriller, Crime Fiction, Action/Adventure, Action Film, Crime Comedy, Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Flypaper" is a musical album of Fly Paper.
- released on
- "Flypaper" is a musical album of Keith Rowe & Oren Ambarchi.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "FlyPaper" is a musical composition that was nominated for the award Classical Composition of the Year in the 2007 Juno Awards.
Flypaper is a record label.
Flypaper is a fly-killing device made of paper coated with a sweetly fragrant, but extremely sticky and sometimes poisonous substance that traps flies and other flying insects when they land upon it. Fly paper is considered a pest control device, and is subject to regulation in the United States of America under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
- also known as 捕蝇纸
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Flypaper
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Nature Study (1903)
No insect, for example, should ever be tortured — sticky flypaper is a cruel abomination — and yet it is necessary that vast multitudes of the insect tribe should be destroyed. Good food in abundance is of more importance than the lives of many ...
by R. Austin Freeman
“A flypaper is a perfectly normal domestic object. But, as you say, it can on occasion be used as a source of arsenic for criminal purposes; and a paper that has been so used will be found to have had practically the whole of the arsenic soaked ...
Good Housekeeping (1909)
Sticky flypaper is the most efficient way of catching flies. This is not so inhuman as it may seem. It is better that the fly should struggle a few minutes than that a person should sufier for weeks with typhoid fever, the germs of which that fly had left ...
Growing Medical Marijuana (2013)
Securely and Legally by Dave DeWitt
Flypaper is a perfect example of how to handle whltellles in the indoor garden without resorting to chemicals.
Digital Forensics Field Guides by Cameron H. Malin, Eoghan Casey, James M. Aquilina
these tools and techniques, digital casting of physical memory can be augmented by identifying digital impression and trace evidence using FlyPaper40 and RECon.41 u FlyPaper is a utility that loads a device driver causing process artifacts ...
by Mary Louise Flint, R. van den Bosch
Flypaper is a well-known application of this technique. Red “sticky spheres” ( Figure 7-3B) have controlled apple maggots in small orchards. Sticky bands ( Chapter 4, Figure 4-8) around tree trunks are still a popular control for gypsy moth, ...
by Kelly Gunzenhauser
Flypaper is a sticky strip of paper that traps flies and other bugs when they land. It can be very messy for animals and people who accidentally touch it. Still other people think the best way to get rid of flies is to use an old-fashioned fly swatter.
by R. Austin Freeman
“A flypaper is a perfectly normal domestic object. But, as you say, it can on.
A Visual Guide to Safe and Healthy Horsekeeping by Cherry Hill
Fly Papers and Tapes Flypaper is a sticky ribbon of. SANITATION & PEST CONTROL ...
The National Druggist (1902)
one of the newsiest and brightest of German trade-papers: “Unduestionably the best flypaper is that introduced from America within the last 3 years by the house of H. Stössler, of Vier-ma, and called “Tanglefoot.' By actual experiment this ...
by Joseph J. Cordes, Robert D. Ebel, Jane Gravelle
New York University The "flypaper effect" is the persistent empirical finding that an intergovernmental grant stimulates more spending by the recipient government than an equal increase in local resources, in contradiction of the theoretical ...
A Dictionary of Taxation (2012)
by Simon R. James
flypaper. effect. The idea that once taxpayers' money is in the public sector, it is likely to stick to it. So, for instance, if central government gave local government an additional grant, it is more likely to stick to local government spending than if the ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
flyPaPer”. [The Reports came in] thick as hail —William Shakespeare, Macbeth ( You have fallen into ripeness) thick as honey —Marge Piercy Thick as Japanese beetles —Herman Wouk Wouh's simile from Inside, Outside refers to the ...
by Donald Rutherford
relations Barnett formula bloc grant Commonwealth Grants Commission communitycharge compulsory competitive tendering cooperative federalism creative federalism debt policy dual federalism federal finance fiscal federalism flypaper ...
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
silver paper, foil, муувин~a type ofChinese paper, наалдуур ~sticky paper, flypaper,ноотны ~ manuscriptpaper (mi/s.), пергамент~ (тостой~) oilpaper, сонины ~ newsprint, тос нэвтрүүлдэггүй~ greaseproof ...
by Kenneth J. Peak
Flypaper COPS In 2007, two economists at the University of Maryland sought to address the question of the effectiveness of COPS Office grants on crime rates and of the long-term impact that hiring officers had on law enforcement staffing ...
An English-Dakota Dictionary (1902)
by John Poage Williamson
flypaper, ». Honagidanikmui)ke. flyspecks, ». Honagidancesdi. flying-squirrel, ». Psinca. flying-visit, ». Inahnititokanipi. foal, ». Sunkcincana. foam, ». Tage. focus, ». Okiwita. fodder, n. Wanuyanpiwoyute. foe, n. To'ka. fog, n.
Complete Information About Harmful and Desirable Chemicals Found in Everyday Home Products, Yard Poisons, and Office Polluters by Ruth Winter
photoengraving lithography, electroplating, yellow and orange paints, ink manufacture, chrome plating,stainless steel, steel polishing, welding, cement, rubber, glass, linoleum, wood stains, poisoned flypaper, and antirust compounds. Itisa skin ...
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
and the book The Sweet Flypaper of Life (1955), which was well received for its humor and optimism. Langston Hughes Arnold Rampersad, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Flypaper
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Flypaper
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Flypaper
Click on an item to play that video:
- Flypaper Meaning
Video shows what flypaper means. A strip of paper coated with a sticky, often poisonous, substance that catches and kills flies that land on it. flypaper synonyms: ...
- Flypaper theory Meaning
Video shows what flypaper theory means. The idea that the burdens of taxation "stick" to those taxed directly instead of spreading through the economy.
See also the pronunciation examples of Flypaper!
Quotes about Flypaper
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'flypaper"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of F4L1Y4P3A1P3E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Flypaper to see it in context!