On this page:
Definition of the noun david low
What does david low mean as a name of something?
- British political cartoonist (born in New Zealand) who created the character Colonel Blimp (1891-1963)
- David Low: Sir David Alexander Cecil Low was a New Zealand political cartoonist and caricaturist who lived and worked in the United Kingdom for many years. Low was a self-taught cartoonist. Born in New Zealand, he worked in his native country before migrating to Sydney in 1911, and ultimately to London, where he made his career and earned fame for his Colonel Blimp depictions and his merciless satirising the personalities and policies of German dictator Adolf Hitler, Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, and other leaders of his times.
- David Low, LL.D., D.D. was an Anglican clergyman who served in the Scottish Episcopal Church as the Bishop of Ross, Bishop of Argyll and Bishop of Moray.
- David Low FRSE was a Scottish agriculturalist.
- David Low is a pornographic actor.
- profession: Pornographic film actor
There are other people with in their name, like David Low Dodge.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for David Low
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
Rhyming slang, formed onthe name ofa character inventedin the1930s by cartoonist David Low and subsequently adopted asa conventional standard of bigotry and pompousness. UK, 1992.2avery conservative, reactionary man.
by Sana Loue, Martha Sajatovic
David Low Management, Policy and Community Health, University of Texas School of Public Health ...
by Frank R. Abate
family, including David Low Dodge (1774–1852), a businessman and pacifist.
by Ramsay Cook
754 Mather, David Low, 693 Mather, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for David Low
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about David Low
Jaffa Gate and Tower of David low
Photo credit: rictulio
View more pictures about Sir David Low.
Quotes about David Low
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of David Low to find many related words and phrases!